• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a flying structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Moin moin =)

Yes this my question, because it seems to be that it isn't enough to set the movement - type to fly, add crow and set fly high by a structure. In the editor, the structure flies but when I start the game, the structure is on the ground, so I thought maybe there's an option, that keeps the fly high in the game?

Else if there isn't how can I do this?

I know I can replace the structures with units, but my mind goes crazy how I should create this because a unit hasn't "upgrade to". Maybe I can use an ability, but then I don't have the gold cost in the tool tip or can I train units and replace but then I have to many units in the editor ... and there goes my mind -_-

Anyone have a good idea? ^^

Greetings - Thanks - Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 2
Try to add the abilty "root" to the structure, when it is unrooted it will fly :) ... and you can always remove "root" after the structure is flying :D

Level 10
Yes this my question, because it seems to be that it isn't enough to set the movement - type to fly, add crow and set fly high by a structure. In the editor, the structure flies but when I start the game, the structure is on the ground, so I thought maybe there's an option, that keeps the fly high in the game?
I've gotten it to work with the following settings:

Art - Elevation - Sample Points: 0
Art - Elevation - Sample Radius: 0
Movement - Height: #
Movement - Height Minimum: #
Movement - Type: Hover

I know I can replace the structures with units, but my mind goes crazy how I should create this because a unit hasn't "upgrade to".
A unit will keep its ability to upgrade if you switch it from being a building to being a unit [source].

Status
Not open for further replies.