• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can building fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hiho all,
i got another question and i think here is a good place for it =)

The Plan: I'm created the Green Circle TD All Stars map and there are "air towers". (tower = building). Now i want to "fly-up" this buildings.

The Problem: The Building wont fly up.
I tried first, to change in the object editor the D) Movement - Hight/Hight Maximum to 300/350 and set the D) Movement - Type to Fly > but wont work ingame

Than i try it with follow trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Substring((Name of (Constructed structure)), 1, 19)) Equal to |c00FFA54AAir Tower
        • Then - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Constructed structure) flying height to 500.00 at 0.00
        • Else - Actions
but wont work to =(

My Question: Maybe there is another way or i did some misstake and someone know something, how to "fly-up" a building

I hope you understand what i'm looking for and can help me =)

Thanks
~ Dr. Boom

Level 19
I saw they fly on TTW but dont know the technique it may be crow form or dummy unit that fly upon I really dunno

Level 4
I've made a shop in an old map of mine and there I gave the flying unit only the abilities of the building. I don't know if it works with normal Buildings, but it works with shops.
And later after creation you could add the classifications via trigger.

And if it has to fly from ground to the air create a big special effekt to hide the building like a big fog or something. Then replace the building with the unit, set fly high to Zero and then let it fly higher.
Hope it helps.

TheBlueOne

yes. but this is an intersting question he says its for a td map
so are you asking this for real or just for being annoying

Dude thats a big difference. Floating means standing still in air, so no movement or lifting at all. It can be implemented differently too. If he wants to lift the building, he must set Is a building to false, which will deny some features used only for buildings. For the building in the air, there can be some model modification and adding a appropriate pathing map.

Level 12
If he wants to lift the building, he must set Is a building to false, which will deny some features used only for buildings.

It will deny those features (like "Upgrades To" field) only in editor, if you change them to whatever you want, and THEN change the building to non-building, those things will work. It works both ways (e.g. I used this to rotate buildings - just changed them to non-buildings, rotated them, and then changed back)

Status
Not open for further replies.