• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a browser game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
I'm learning Java and I really want to make a browser game (like all those games, where you attack other players and build/recruit stuff).

Anyway, my question is - how to even start such a thing ? o.0
I'm in a loss of a line of thought on that.

Also, if anyone who knows Java can help me if I have problems, I'll really be glad :)

Thanks in advance.

bia

bia

Level 3
well mate i know some basics about java if you want to begin with java i would recommand you using www.bluej.org follow their tutorials once you done pm me or post there and i will show u some beginings of java games

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Are you sure you don't mean Javascript? Java is totally different; unless you're using Java Applets :)

Also, this isn't really the place to post; you'd get better help here.

However, back onto the subject. If you mean a browser game like Urban Dead then it's not really coded in Javascript. Most browser games use SQL servers along with php and the like. You could do with downloading some server files and checking out what browser games consist of, I know OGame's server files are in the public domain, however I'm not sure if they're legally in the public domain or not so I won't link to them here :p

On the other hand, if you mean browser games like RuneScape then you should, once again, check out server files and read up on coding Javascript. It uses the same principle, with regards to SQL databases, yet instead of it's GUI being in HTML, it's in Javascript.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.