• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make Wizard and Hat Separate (Warlock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, Warlock recently introduced an item shop that sells cosmetic items (attachments). One of the playable characters' model has a hat, which gets in the way of many cosmetics. It would be ideal if the hat could be made a separate model and used as an attachment itself, so that it can be removed at any time.

You'll get props in the changelog in addition to our gratitude.

Attachments

• FireMageModel.mdx
    125.9 KB · Views: 87
Ehem, I dont know about other modelers, but I had to redo the process for about 4 times to get it right because I was being so careless.

Extracting the hat is not that hard, the way of doing is pretty much the same as the tutorial that you repped me. Except that there are few more steps since it uses 2 textures.

It gets a little bit harder when you want to delete the hat and leave everything else 'unharmed' (the hatless mage model). I had to add additional mesh to cover up the 'hole' that appears on the head part when the hat gets deleted.

Approximately took me 40 - 60 mins to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.