• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reskinning of Wizard model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello everyone,

I would love to use this model in an upcoming project of mine: Human Wizard - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

As most people already mentioned, the skin isn't everyones taste.
I would ask the modeller himself but he seems to be inactive since about half a year.

Maybe someone else could create an alternative skin for it.
I think it would look great, with a teamcolored hat and a darker blue or grey robe.

I think every experienced modeller/skinner could do this within little time.
So, if someone would like to do this, it would be very appreciated!

There should, really be a resource time clause.... i mean if theres no way to reach them..., and maybe on the rules, give some radio button options:
( ) Allow Full EDITING, with Credit NOT required
( ) Allow Full Editing, with origional Author crediting required
( ) Allow NO editing, Without Explicit Concent from author, Credit Required
( ) Allow Basic EDITING, (weapon/part removal, and scaleing) with credit reqiored
( ) Ect....

This would give the authors the option, to let their work be open if they chose, i know i personally dont care, if someone edits my work, afterall alot of Pieces need "adjusting" to fit well into a map, it greatly increases the posibility for the models already out there, Geo-Mergers, dont credit blizz for the parts they use do they? although this is a more obvious form, seing as almost everyone here has wc3, and knows what parts came from where (usually)

Level 13
I thought about the permission thing, but I don't see any reason, why the original author should be against it, as long as you give clear credit, like this:

model by: original author
new/alternative skin by: XY

OK, if you need to change some things within the model to make a new skin work properly, it gets a bit more complicated. There still should be given full credit to the original author for the model itself then and a short note, about the new skin changes.

I think the author would be happy to see his model being used, but I've just send him a PM.

I think the model is good and useful, a real classic one.

ps: as TheDevineBoss has statet, the new thin hasn't to be published at all. So if someone would dare make this little thing for use in my project only, it would be a great thing too.

Level 13
So I'm a noob at model editing and skinning..

Can someone please do the job and reskin this for a more neutral color and a team colored hat? ;)

I'm right now in completely changing my battlegrounds project to a new location and an alliance vs horde setting. This model would be great for the human mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.