• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[SD/Modeling] Add hero glow to the orc warlock model (the guy with a shield and weird hat, not the old hunched one)

Level 7
Hello, i wonder if someone could please do a quick edit of the orc warlock model? i want it to have hero glow both at it's origin point (feet) but also on its weapon, just a simple glow on the ram skull.

I intend to use it as a hero, but the lack of hero glow makes it look like a regular unit beside the rest of the heroes. I know how to add hero glow with triggers/abilities but that only works for the "origin" glow (aka feet glow), and i also want it to have glow on the weapon.

Thanks in advance.

PD: i'm talking about the "young" orc warlock model, the bare chested one with a shield and that weird hat thing, not the "old" hunched warlock

PD2: a dissipate animation would also be fitting, but i can live without that

EDIT: just found out about Ujimasa Hojo's "Warlock and Derivatives", if you could use the model found there instead of the default one from the mpq that'd be better, since it's slighty better quality (has built in fel orc version as an alternate animation set, so it's a 2x1)

Last edited:
Level 25
Hello, i wonder if someone could please do a quick edit of the orc warlock model? i want it to have hero glow both at it's origin point (feet) but also on its weapon, just a simple glow on the ram skull.

I intend to use it as a hero, but the lack of hero glow makes it look like a regular unit beside the rest of the heroes. I know how to add hero glow with triggers/abilities but that only works for the "origin" glow (aka feet glow), and i also want it to have glow on the weapon.

Thanks in advance.

PD: i'm talking about the "young" orc warlock model, the bare chested one with a shield and that weird hat thing, not the "old" hunched warlock

PD2: a dissipate animation would also be fitting, but i can live without that

EDIT: just found out about Ujimasa Hojo's "Warlock and Derivatives", if you could use the model found there instead of the default one from the mpq that'd be better, since it's slighty better quality (has built in fel orc version as an alternate animation set, so it's a 2x1)
I'll do it for you.

Level 25
@Teitan your files, actually this orc warlock is from my own mod and as you wanted i added a hero glow, weapon glow on staff and dissipate animation.
i hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• ChaosWarlockGreen.mdx
    106.7 KB · Views: 3
  • ChaosWarlockGreen_Portrait.mdx
    25.9 KB · Views: 3
  • ChaosWarlock.mdx
    106.7 KB · Views: 3
  • ChaosWarlock_Portrait.mdx
    25.9 KB · Views: 3