• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make unit explode on death not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, I'm trying to make a hero (abomination) explode on death but it's not working. I'm using Art - Special Abomination <Special> and
  • Unit - Make Butcher (1st Boss) 0439 <gen> Explode on death
Any suggestions to what I can do?

Last edited:
Level 7
As far as I know, heroes do not explode.

I suggest you hide the hero upon death and create a special effect at their position. Then, show them once they are revived.
Yea that's what I've done for now, the problem is that the special effect doesn't necessarily get the correct direction depending on what the unit's current direction is when it dies.

Level 13
Yea that's what I've done for now, the problem is that the special effect doesn't necessarily get the correct direction depending on what the unit's current direction is when it dies.

The latest version allows you to rotate the special effects easily.
  • Set point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at point using Units\Undead\Abomination\AbominationExplosion.mdl
  • Special Effect - Set Yaw of (Last created special effect) to: (Radians((Facing of (Triggering unit))))
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(point)
However, you said above that your game isn't up to date. So, you'll have to spawn a temporary dummy unit, copying the dying hero's position and facing angle. Finally, you just have to attach the special effect to it.

Level 7
The latest version allows you to rotate the special effects easily.
  • Set point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at point using Units\Undead\Abomination\AbominationExplosion.mdl
  • Special Effect - Set Yaw of (Last created special effect) to: (Radians((Facing of (Triggering unit))))
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(point)
However, you said above that your game isn't up to date. So, you'll have to spawn a temporary dummy unit, copying the dying hero's position and facing angle. Finally, you just have to attach the special effect to it.
Oh cool, I have updated my game now so I'll take a look at this :D Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.