• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magic the Gathering: SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Cool, thanks for the update. The thing I love about the map is how almost perfectly it is balanced. Its funny how one player might think one colour is extreamly weak, and with another player its extreamly good. Just one thing that I wanted to mention. As red, is there any way to beat blue? Iv played a game where I was red, and blue was pro. I kept a huge amount of troops near my wizard. He would always repel my attacks, and wouldnt attack himself. And then he started using his legendary to kill my mortars. None of my units could reach his legendary before he killed my mortar. None of my units could reach his hero, the legendary out ranged them all. He would try to lure all my shivan dragons to blacks land and kill them. Eventually I gave up... no way he could kill me, no way for me to kill him, and he kept gettin gold from mortars.

There's always ways, of course. If he was using Deflection, your best bet would've been Shivan Sandmages (earthquake), Goblin Grenadiers (Kaboom!) and casting Relentless Assault (Dwarven Catapults)

Your best bet against his legendary when he's playing the "outranging game" would've been Phoenixes. They got nice range, and are relativly cheap.

Also those mortars only give 100 mana (gold) when killed, not quite so much. :)

Level 23
Oh ok, didnt realize the earthquake thingy, thanks. And arent mortars 250?

Nope, I checked. 100 mana/gold for killing one.
I'm also pleased to announce that 1.45 is 99% complete, and just needs a multiplayer checkup to see if all rewritten triggers (especially for Blue's spell: Deflection) are completely functional.

And here's a nice preview for you guys..even if it's only the loading screen!

mtgmainxb7.jpg

Level 5
Nice load screen. Does that mean that the name is now officially Magic The Gathering SC?

Level 23
Updated to SC: Version 1.45 on the 5th of Februari 2008.

I am pleased to announce this project is now officially a Hosted Project at the Hive.
Version 1.45 has optimized playability, most if not all memory leaks have been removed.
Further balancing has been made and minor mistakes have been fixed.
Also graphically, 1.45 is a huge upgrade.

Download now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.