• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magic is kinda old......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Why do you guys make magic maps, why not use duel master instead? I think wizards (The maker of magic and duel master) already give up on magic.

Level 4
Why do you guys make magic maps, why not use duel master instead? I think wizards (The maker of magic and duel master) already give up on magic.

I not likes me sum 2000/2000 criitures. Me liek to haev simpel numbars liek 2/2 insteed, i not can conut all thoze zeroez.

No really, i sigged that for hilariousness if I didn't feel like you posted that seriously. That's like saying Wizards gave up on D&D. Magic makes money, a crapton of money. They're not gonna give up a few billions of income.

Also, Duelmaster is for kiddos, MtG is for real men. And real men play blue.

Level 12
LOL Real men play Blue. LOL LOL (Not disagreeing or agreeing... I myself have mostly blue decks but I find it funny how most blue mages think they are superior to others)

My favorite colors are red and blue. :O I absolutely love the elementals!!! =D
Thank goodness they are finally really balancing the sets.. No more Ravager decks in standard ZOMG!

Level 5
Green/White player myself >.>; MTG won't ever die lol. Its already been around for a while. I don't remember pokemon ever beating it >.>, thats kinda sad imo.

As for a duel masters map, that wouldn't be bad. That game was pretty fun despite being a simplified magic with some twists XD.

Level 7
Oh no! I just used Wrath of God! Your field DIED!
If only you could have countered it.......
Blue is really good, there is no mistaking that

Magic will never die, it's just too huge.
And the best part is that they keep making new mechanics and new ideas to make the game balanced. So it's still growing, even now

Level 7
Goblins are best because they are most flexible creatures ever made.u can kill,counter,fuck,eat and shit them and they will still kick ass!

Oh REALLY?
Wrath of God
Damnation
Ghostly Prison (Murders Goblins. What do you do if I have three of them in play? You'll SIT IN A CORNER AND CRY BECAUSE RED CAN'T DO ANYTHING AGAINST ENCHANTMENTS)
Starfall
Any other mass removal which gives me time to get large blockers up
White Weenies with which to block a rush (Goblins usually don't trample)
What if I'm running red, too, and play Goblin Pyromancer? All your (and my, but presumably you have more) Goblins get +3/+0. Then, at end of turn, THEY ALL DIE, leaving you open to my Elementals/whatever the heck I have in play to attack you (because I use more than just Goblins)
If I can survive an initial rush (which I can), what do you have left? Cheap, little goblins. Good in numbers, but not when I have big blockers (like, over 5 mana cards)
I will then have larger, better spells and creatures with which to block, kill, and win.
Sorry, man. Goblins can be really good, but they aren't the best. Nothing is "the best." Don't go saying that. There is more than one way to win. The game is balanced. Goblins can be beaten.

Last edited:
Level 5
i use pyromancer xD
goblins are USED to die.u MUST sacrifice them to work properly.and i can easily break threw ANY defense with my Bedlam...
I can easily get rid of your pyromancer with my sparksmiths and Gempalm Incinirators.I am not afraid of global destructions at all cause i can return them to play without problem and you are right about enchantments...they are my biggest enemy... *cry*
lol, i feel much better now ^^

EDIT:
ofc they can be beaten, EVERY deck can but Goblins are most flexible creatures in MTG ever made and NOONE can disagree.

EDIT2:
"If I can survive an initial rush (which I can)" -.-
are u aware of goblins power...lets say i have ONLY 5 goblins and 1 lookout. i sacrifice him and all my goblins attack for 20. i can have 1 pyromancer and Kiki or Kiki and Siege-Gang...i can make goblins like mad and i play bedlam or final fortune and that is it...so don't say "If I can survive an initial rush (which I can)"

Level 5
lol,if u want fast paced deck that wins in second round check this out!

Creatures
4 Crimson Kobolds
4 Crookshank Kobolds
4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
4 Ornithopter
4 Phyrexian Walker
4 Shield Sphere

Spells
4 Crop Rotation
4 Glimpse of Nature
4 Mystical Tutor
3 Vitalizing Wind

Enchantments
2 Concordant Crossroads

Artifacts
4 Lotus Petal
4 Slate of Ancestry

Lands
3 Flooded Strand
4 Gaea's Cradle
4 Tropical Island

deck has soooo old cards =P but you can make proxy deck just for fun...this decks wins in 2nd or 3rd round,and i guess u can imagine how it works

Level 12
Goblin Warchief is better than Goblin King

Not really, depends on the kind of deck your running.

Warchief is good for fast attacks, and early rushes, King is good for overwhelming your opponent, including if you use that card that makes all lands mountains in addition to there land types, i forget the name of it.

Warchief: all goblins cost 2 less to play, all goblins have haste.
Goblin King: All goblins get +1/+1 and get mountain walk.
Technically King is better, including with mountain walk, you gain more of a advantage in mid and late games, while warchief is useful in early games. Though if you combine them, a set of kings and warchiefs then your deck will own most noob decks, and depending on your goblins, will own all

Level 12
My combo is ''incounterable'' and indestructable no matter what. ''No matter what'' no excatly, if they print a card that can counter lands its not ^^

Indestructible, only stops creatures from destroying it and effects that say "destroy" If it says removed or sacrificed, that ability won't work. Even cards that give -1/-1 will kill it, because it isn't destroying the creature, a creature goes directly to the graveyard if it has 0 toughness. Theres ways around that ability. Also incounterable is only good against blue.

Shit, sorry! I didn't mean to double post, I meant to edit my last post xD, mods can you merge this with my last post please? :)

Level 12
lol I can tell nobody here actually takes Magic seriously (as in going to competitions and such).

20/20 Indestructible flyer token = lol bounce owns it. I pay 2 mana and waste how much mana :wink:

Gosh I hate faeries right now. They are like the new Affinity @_@ but a little more balanced. They don't kill you turn 4 lol.

Level 12
I've seen a deck with 2 lands, and do 40+ damage on his FIRST turn, sometimes his second turn. He would go through half his deck and just kill your life. Nothing can stop that, unless you can dig up something faster then that deck.

Level 7
its 20/20 flying and indestructible, and by the way a token. So i don't think -1/-1 would do it.

Are you talking about Marat Lage?
Anyway, Faith's Fetters, bouncing, or any good neuter spell would stop him in his tracks for significantly less mana than you payed for him. Now a 20/20 flying indestructible Avatar with SHROUD......

Level 12
I've seen a deck with 2 lands, and do 40+ damage on his FIRST turn, sometimes his second turn. He would go through half his deck and just kill your life. Nothing can stop that, unless you can dig up something faster then that deck.

Lol that's vintage DUH. I'm talking about Standard which is the best format :p
Although I do like Extended alot too because of its deck creativity. Legacy and Vintage are just plain stupid though -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.