• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

madman9800-home in the wilderness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here is a terrain i made of some persons home in the winderness
Things to notice:
-the grave
-the 2 watefalls
-the home in the tree
-the little farm
-the table
-the puddle

Please give feedback, thanks.

Attachments

• hint1.jpg
    hint1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 222
Level 25
Hobbits live under hills, not in trees. But yeah, the exterior decorations definitely look hobbit/elvish to me. :smile:

The terrain is nice overall, but here are some flaws:
  • The "puddle" is more of a pond, and far too small to be fed by all of that water by the waterfalls for it to end as a small shallow puddle or pond. Make it much larger!
  • The farm looks like a poorly made garden. Make more corn doodads and maybe add a "Village_Crops" tile along the path of the corn to make it more obvious that it is a farm.
  • The treehouse is sticking out too much. It has no support under it, so in reality it wouldn't last very long, especially through storms and especially hurricanes.

The environmental usage seems to be pretty good. Could still use more work around the waterfall and in the background and maybe even by the little picnic area as well. The fog and sky blend very well with the terrain, and that is certainly a plus.
The terrain looks very tidy and well cared for. Since it is an elven area, this all fits well. So good job!

I gave you +Rep since this was actually a pretty nice piece. Can still use some more improvements though.
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 34
You need to work on your background, and your waterfall looks nice, but it looks man made. It's too clean-cut. It goes straight down, then follows a straight path, turn a perfect 90* angle, then falls into a much too small pond.

Level 10
im really sorry for the super late responce, but i havnt logged onto this site in like forever (we went to CIF in football and iv been really busy, practice was extened by 2 hours!!) and i dont think ill really be doing any kind of modification for warcraft or any other game, i dont think ill play games more then 1 hour a week, im just way too busy and it sucks...i really wish i could make an rpg with wc3, but oh well, it wont happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.