• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Into Autumn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a long day since i created a free terrain for fun! in other words i like to present my newest creation Into Autumn Terrain. Here you can see in front Autumn trees and in the background spring trees. Spring trees present the trees who are growing and the Autumn trees are trees that will soon die. On the road you can see a guy who chopped off trees and is going to bring them to home to the rest of his piles of wood. His house is on the left side of the picture. You can see a road made out of wood leading to his house. On the left side we can see a Well overgrown with some grass and bushes. On the main road you can see the wood chopper, you can see vine growing on the road and some spiders, and there is a Direction sigh where you can see where the road goes off. In the sky you can see that the sun is rising and the stars are blending.

I hope you like this terrain, and do give me some feedback and suggestions!

Thank you!

Attachments

• Terrain.JPG
    Terrain.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 227
Level 3
Fairly nice doodad work, and it looks pretty good for the most part; but, I agree with syltman that the tile set is a bad choice for the doodads, theme, and style of the map. I would either use Lorderon Fall as the entire tileset or replace the Dark Grass tile your using with Lumpy Grass from Ashenvale.

Level 24
Never use only one tree model >.>

Also, the trees in general is too few and looks too... I cant come up with the english word! :p

Empty, boring, lame, unrealistic?

Meh.. This one needs serious work tbh

At the bottom we see lots of plants and details and then the fences suddenly dissapear and the emptiness takes over...
The trees are way too small compared to the man and the trees have way too big gap to each other.
Also the sky just doesn't make sense and fog and sky needs to blend to each other better.
You need to add way more life to that foest area if you aren't going to the fill it with trees. Add moar custom grass, flowers, other plants and maybe even animals
Also change the tileset to something more fiting
And that axe just makes no sense...

I hope this helps you to make this tiny bit better.

Axe. On. The. Road.

WHY??!

Fa sho.. in a bundle of floating lumber too : D
Very empty, and pretty boring.. is the guy pulling his own cart? Also your description of autumn trees dying doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since this is where they go "INTO AUTUMN" and turn orange and then they don't die either, in Winter, they just hibernate or some BS like that (fucking hackers). So yeah, needs a lot of work.

Level 36
Axe. On. The. Road.

WHY??!

Because one day Joey McFaggot the lumberjack decided to go be an inconvenience and chop his fucking wood in the middle of the road, and then left his shit there so everyone could step on it and cut their feet off. That's why. Silly. ^^

You can even see Joey the strong man pulling his cart filled with about a half a metric ton of logs down the road, just knowing that, in a few hours, some poor little village dumbfuck is gonna drive his horse-drawn-carriage down the road and his poor horse is gonna have his feet chopped off by that axe.

Oh, and about the sun, the sunrise is blue and white instead of orange because Master Chief decided, for a late April fool's joke in the middle of cocktober, he would turn the sun into a giant sticky 'nade and throw it at the earth. So either way, the poor village dumbfuck is screwed, and so is Joe McFaggot the lumberjack.

When the sun explodes, Master Chief will proceed to run around shouting LOLOLOLOL STUCK YO ASS BITCH MUTHAFUCKA TALK YO ASS OFF and teabagging the ground, but he will teabag the axe and get his balls cut off, and now that he's castrated he will go play a game of DotA with the Arbiter and Robocop.

Level 12
Because one day Joey McFaggot the lumberjack decided to go be an inconvenience and chop his fucking wood in the middle of the road, and then left his shit there so everyone could step on it and cut their feet off. That's why. Silly. ^^

You can even see Joey the strong man pulling his cart filled with about a half a metric ton of logs down the road, just knowing that, in a few hours, some poor little village dumbfuck is gonna drive his horse-drawn-carriage down the road and his poor horse is gonna have his feet chopped off by that axe.

Oh, and about the sun, the sunrise is blue and white instead of orange because Master Chief decided, for a late April fool's joke in the middle of cocktober, he would turn the sun into a giant sticky 'nade and throw it at the earth. So either way, the poor village dumbfuck is screwed, and so is Joe McFaggot the lumberjack.

When the sun explodes, Master Chief will proceed to run around shouting LOLOLOLOL STUCK YO ASS BITCH MUTHAFUCKA TALK YO ASS OFF and teabagging the ground, but he will teabag the axe and get his balls cut off, and now that he's castrated he will go play a game of DotA with the Arbiter and Robocop.

:xxd:

Level 19
I don't think we will see that large trees on the horizon. Trees don't look naturally at all. you should make use of scaling value on the trees. And pine trees don't really get orange.. Maybe when they're about to die, I don't know? : |

Status
Not open for further replies.