1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Lunge Cut v1.0

Submitted by CombatTheWombat
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
I was bored and tried for the thousandth time to create a nifty looking spell. I am a skinner so spell-making is not really my area so I kind of suck at it. But this is what a came up with.

It is a spell called Lunge Cut for the blademaster, it is a single target spell that does damage based on the agility of the caster. When you cast the spell your hero will turn to face the target, and then after a brief delay he will leap into the air and quickly close distance with the target unit, delivering a devastating slash when he reaches his target.

I am sure it is full of leaks and stuff and probably not MUI because I have no idea how to do that, if anyone wants to tell me how to make it better in those areas I would be open to criticism and will fix it as soon as I have the time.

Keywords:
slash, cut, samurai, blademaster, speed, lunge, warp
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 13:17, 28th Aug 2010 TriggerHappy: Before I even give this a proper review, you need to comply with the spell rules. Please make your spell MUI.
  1. 12th Dec 2015
    IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

13:17, 28th Aug 2010
    TriggerHappy:

Before I even give this a proper review, you need to comply with the spell rules.
    Please make your spell MUI.

2. Marsal

Marsal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    post da triggers pls

3. CombatTheWombat

CombatTheWombat

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Set LungeCutCaster = (Casting unit)
      • Set LungeCutTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Set mana of LungeCutCaster to ((Mana of LungeCutCaster) - 100.00)) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 2) then do (Unit - Set mana of LungeCutCaster to ((Mana of LungeCutCaster) - 150.00)) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 3) then do (Unit - Set mana of LungeCutCaster to ((Mana of LungeCutCaster) - 200.00)) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 4) then do (Unit - Set mana of LungeCutCaster to ((Mana of LungeCutCaster) - 250.00)) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit - Pause LungeCutCaster
      • Unit - Make LungeCutCaster face (Position of LungeCutTarget) over 0.25 seconds
      • Unit - Turn collision for LungeCutCaster Off
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of LungeCutCaster) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of LungeCutCaster using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Trigger - Turn on Movement <gen>

• Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move LungeCutCaster instantly to ((Position of LungeCutCaster) offset by 15.00 towards (Facing of LungeCutCaster) degrees)
      • Unit - Make LungeCutCaster face LungeCutTarget over 0.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of LungeCutCaster) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageCaster.mdl
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Region centered at (Position of LungeCutTarget) with size (200.00, 200.00)) contains LungeCutCaster) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Unit - Turn collision for LungeCutCaster On
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

• Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.25 seconds
      • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s attack slam animation
      • Wait 0.60 seconds
      • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Cause LungeCutCaster to damage LungeCutTarget, dealing (Real((Agility of LungeCutCaster (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 2) then do (Unit - Cause LungeCutCaster to damage LungeCutTarget, dealing ((Real((Agility of LungeCutCaster (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 3) then do (Unit - Cause LungeCutCaster to damage LungeCutTarget, dealing ((Real((Agility of LungeCutCaster (Include bonuses)))) x 3.00) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of |cffffcc00L|runge Cut (Neutral Hostile) for LungeCutCaster) Equal to 4) then do (Unit - Cause LungeCutCaster to damage LungeCutTarget, dealing ((Real((Agility of LungeCutCaster (Include bonuses)))) x 4.00) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of LungeCutCaster) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Wait 0.15 seconds
      • Unit - Unpause LungeCutCaster

4. BotLoot

BotLoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    MUI : (standart GUI indexing, some people prefer hashtables)
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/dynamic-values-storage-121558/

Example->
    My spellpack made with Indexing:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...w-spell-pack-v1-50-a-176131/?prev=r=20&page=2

Removing Leaks->
    call DestroyGroup (udg_yourgroupvar)
    "yourgroupvar" can be for example variable with name Group
    call DestroyGroup (udg_Group)

Instead of "Pick Every unit in playable map area matching..." use :
    Set Variable->(nameofyourgroup)->Every unit within range ...
    Pick Every Unit in (nameofyourgroup) and do - loop
    call DestroyGroup (udg_nameofyourgroup)

Instead of "Create 1 footman at center of the playable map area,," use :
    Set Variable->(nameofyourpointvariable)->Center of playable map area
    Create 1 footman at (nameofyourpointvariable)
    call RemoveLocation (udg_nameofyourpointvariable)

more about leaks :
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/basic-memory-leaks-5889/

Removing leaks with regions : call RemoveRect(udg_nameofyourregionvariable)

People on the Hive prefer to use Starts the effect of an ability instead of Begins Casting an ability

Posting Triggers :
    name of the post
    ["trigger"]
    Here copy GUI triggers from world editor with Copy As Text (REMOVE SIGNS OF QUOTATION FROM trigger and /trigger)
    ["/trigger"]

5. Prince.Zero

Prince.Zero

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    oh, waits

6. Darkzealot_128

Darkzealot_128

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Leaks and is also MUI. Nope.

7. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Waits :thumbs_down: No Variable Points :thumbs_down: Leaks a lot :thumbs_down: Not MUI :thumbs_down: Cool effects :thumbs_up: 1/5. Reject sry.

8. Don-Para-

Don-Para-

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is gonna get rejected unless you completely redo the triggers to be MUI. MUI is a bit more complicated, but it's not too hard to learn.
    This spell idea has also been done to death.

9. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    why the hell people rejected this?
    find it very awesome omg
    you ppl are just idiots this is an excellent skill for blademaster 5/5 !!!

10. FriXionX

FriXionX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats because you dont know how to make spells and only judge on visual effects?

It leaks. Alot. Which makes maps lag. Fine, put it into your map, have 2 or more people use it around 50 and see what happens.

11. Arisato

Arisato

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    effects are cool, i would really use this in my map, with a little tweaking and leak cleaning.

it's useful for me, but i'll rate it using reviews:

Leaks [-]
    Eyecandy[+]
    Idea/Concept[+]
    Waits[-]
    2 triggers with same event can be combined[-]

2/5