• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost Temple (BE)

Reactions: Footman16
FreudTastic Presents

LOST TEMPLE - SCARLET CRUSADE
Created by FREUDTASTIC

Map Info:

Hello everyone! This is FreudTastic here, about to deliver to you a very recent project of mine. I have not been seen a lot here on the site, but I have been a very avid race-maker ever since I discovered the how-to's and figured out how to make a race all on my own. I've been doing it since 2009-2010, and have only improved in creating my races from that moment on. Granted, at one point in life I lost my WC3 game, but managed to get it back and install it, and now I am steadily trying to get back into my race-making joints!

And this right here, is the result of a few weeks tinkering and jotting about in the World Editor to warm me up again. Bear in mind, I was not this half-decent back in the days, but I am probably still nowhere perfect, so bear with me, and leave constructive criticism.

At any rate, this is a late Beta of my newest race idea; Blood Elves. I know there's probably many here that has done such races already, but I decided to take my own gander at it anyway, and hope that you will not be disappointed!

Also, this will be mentioned in the Credits as well, but the map is a re-terrained version of Lost Temple, from Icecrown Glacier, to Outland. Original map belongs to Blizzard.

Features:

What this features, is a fully custom-made race that replaces the Human race; the Blood Elves. Being what remains of the Undead Scourge's invasion of their home-land Quel'thalas, these elven remnants and refugees have been plagued by a constant hunger for magic and mana, and relentlessly try and search out sources of such, and drain them dry. Due to this, their arcane masteries and magical prowess is to be feared, and their soldiers are battle-hardened, and ready for any encounter.

To play as this race, simply play as Humans, and you will have your race instantly be swapped to the Blood Elf race.

UPDATED

Now you are also able to play as the Fel Orcs, instead of regular Orcs. Driven mad by the blood of Mannoroth, higher-ranked Demon Commander of Archimonde, the Fel Orcs are demonic beings that knows nothing but slaughter and bloodshed. Grom Hellscream, Thrall's older brother, was tricked and corrupted by Mannoroth, before his little brother saved him and together with him slew the demon. But many of the Fel Orcs still reside in Outland, now serving a new Pit Lord, the malicious Magtheridon, Lord of the Black Citadel.

Misc. Things:

As mentioned before, this map is a modified version of the Lost Temple map from the original Warcraft III, its tile-set changed from Northrend, to Outland, to better fit the Blood Elves and their current home. The doodad placement and Creep Camps are made by me, but all the original designs of the map are credit to Blizzard.

Screenshots and Videos:

Image Description:
Screenshot of the new Fountain area of Lost Temple

wc3scrnshot032913114119.jpg

Image Description:
A corner of the central temple area

wc3scrnshot032913114134.jpg

Image Description:
One of the Goblin Laboratories

wc3scrnshot032913114236.jpg

Image Description:
Unit and Building pictures for the Blood Elves

Blood Elf Units
49w5.jpg

Units (From left to right)
Carpenter, Dragonsword & Dragonguard, Archer & War Eagle Rider, Cavalryman, Crusader, Hawkstrider & Hawkrider, Blood Cleric, Water Priest, Arcane Decimator, Arcane Annihilator (Units on the left and right of the Heroes are Arcane Decimator and Annihilator in "Siege Mode")

Heroes (From left to right)
Arcane Huntress, Scarlet Knight, Ignis Sorceress, Blood Hunter

Blood Elf Buildings
duhu.jpg

Image Description:
Units and Buildings for the Fel Orcs

Fel Orc Units
vo11.jpg

Units (From left to right)
Laborer, Brute, Crossbowman, Infernal Machine, Warlock, Purger, Felknight, Kodo Rider, Dragon Rider, Spirit Wyvern, Gargantuan.

Heroes (From left to right)
Felrider, Sorceror, Enforcer, Assassin

Fel Orc Buildings
73ut.jpg

Change Log:

Change Log

Version 1
Uploaded Late Beta version
Version 1.1
Fixed some model size issues with the Blood Elf heroes
Nerfed the Ignis Sorceress' Ignis Aura attack bonus
Major changes of the Blood Elf buildings, all new models!
SECOND RACE ADDED! Fel Orcs! To play as the Fel Orcs, simply select Orcs when playing the map!

Version 1.1b
Minor changes with Unit Classifications among the Fel Orc units. All should be classified as Undead(Demonic) now. Also, updated gameplay pictures!

Credits:
SinisterX
Frankster
Mr.Goblin
Hawkwing
Elenai
Takakenji
Garfield
Apheraz Lucent
4eNNightmare
Golden-drake
67chrome
Illidan_09
D.ee
NFWar
xDeathknightx
Sin'dorei300
Dentothor

Author's notes:

Well, I don't really have anything else to say... other than that I hope you all enjoy this map! Constructive criticism is welcome, and I always strive to improve!
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Altered Melee, Blood Elves, Blood, Elf, Melee, Custom Race, Race, Human, Orc, Fel Orc, Lost Temple, Outland
Contents

Lost Temple (BE) (Map)

Reviews
20:31, 3rd Apr 2013 Orcnet: nice customization of the human race and nicely redone with blizzard's lost temple, approved

M

20:31, 3rd Apr 2013
Orcnet: nice customization of the human race and nicely redone with blizzard's lost temple, approved

As mentioned before, this map is a modified version of the Lost Temple map from the original Warcraft III, its tile-set changed from Icecrown Glacier, to Outland, to better fit the Blood Elves and their current home. The doodad placement and Creep Camps are made by me, but all the original designs of the map are credit to Blizzard.

Lost Temple is not Icecrown Glacier Tileset :)
Well, Great Map, try this later if I had time.

Level 3
Hmmm. One question: if you are able to play as the Blood Elves, then why does the title say Scarlet Crusade? Scarlet Crusade is a human race trying to purge the undead; that has nothing to do with the Blood Elves.

Yeah, that's a bit of a lore fail on my end, I am terribly sorry about that. I just thought it fit with Blood Elves and all, I had no actual clue that it was a part of the Warcraft lore at the time. My apologies. ^^; Hope you'll enjoy the race nevertheless if you try it out!

Level 24
My review

Review of Blood Elves

Even though this map is already approved, I would like to review it. So here it is:

PROS:
- Well-made and properly functioning race
- Dozens of custom projectiles, units, and icons
- Unique Heroes; all fitting well with the race
- Nice, constructive towers ideas
- Those Arcane engines are a really nice addition

CONS:
- No initial defense for the race (example: Militia, Orc Burrows, Ancient's melee)
- The Lumberhut and it's upgrades remind me way too much the Human race.
- Water Priest? When the High Elves formed to the blood Elves they gave up much of frost/water magics for fire and arcane. Although they still use it, I doubt that the race should have a whole dedicated to that type of magic.
- All the custom screen changes hurt were too much :( (for me at
least)
- Most buildings remind of high Elves (Maybe because of my map)

Final Score: 4/5

Level 3
Review of Blood Elves

Even though this map is already approved, I would like to review it. So here it is:

PROS:
- Well-made and properly functioning race
- Dozens of custom projectiles, units, and icons
- Unique Heroes; all fitting well with the race
- Nice, constructive towers ideas
- Those Arcane engines are a really nice addition

CONS:
- No initial defense for the race (example: Militia, Orc Burrows, Ancient's melee)
- The Lumberhut and it's upgrades remind me way too much the Human race.
- Water Priest? When the High Elves formed to the blood Elves they gave up much of frost/water magics for fire and arcane. Although they still use it, I doubt that the race should have a whole dedicated to that type of magic.
- All the custom screen changes hurt were too much :( (for me at
least)
- Most buildings remind of high Elves (Maybe because of my map)

Final Score: 4/5

Thank you for the generous review! I'll have to admit, the lack of initial defenses is something I'm bad at, but I am trying to improve!
The Lumber Mill upgrades do make it too similar to Humans, yes, but it's nice to keep a bit of the race you're basing it on, according to me.
Well, I had no other better idea for the 2nd Caster unit. xD
Well, I found them epic, sorry if they hurt your eyes. :(

Finally, I have an updated version of this map, which I think I will upload by now. It has a revamped and updated version of the Blood Elves (sadly no initial base defense still xD) With new Building models, and also a second race; The Fel Orcs! Updating as we speak

Level 4
I love OG Lost Temple, and when I saw the Outland re-skin, I just had to try it.
Then I was blown away by the Blood Elves. Their mechanical units, Decimator & Annihilator, alone make this 5 stars.
Blood Cleric has also become one of my faves, for real, he's got everything I want on a caster from heals, to stuns, to steroids via just straight-up bloodlust. And he can be upgraded to borrow mana from other friendly units.
+These are just the units, I haven't spent much time with the heroes in a proper game, but I know they're going to feel so, so good to play.

My only critique is that the interface (if that's the right term? the border around resources, unit faces, ect) is STUPID bright and feels intrusive on the eyes.
That, and that it's a crime there isn't AI so you can play against Blood Elves.

Fantastic map, I'm sincerely jealous that my fave races (dwarves/orcs) in other mods don't have portal siege like the decimator.

Edit 1.0: I feel as though in every faction there's at least one or two units that are "blacklisted." As in, for whatever reason, a player doesn't want to play them, whether they lack utility, become obsolete so investing feel bad, or simply that they look unappealing-- but whether petty or valid, it happens.
But NOT with these Blood Elves. I am sincerely excited to play and build every unit. The only exception to this is the "Cavalryman" which is just one-to-one with the Human Knight, so it's not mid in a vacuum, but vastly overshadowed by all the other fantastical new options.
Meanwhile, while less of an issue, the Water Priest unit has a theme that conflicts with the aesthetic of the faction. I understand it could technically work, they are a magic centric nation afterall, however a quick "fix" may be just to reskin the abilities red and call them "blood bubbles" or "sinew armor" + call the unit "Blood Priest."

Last edited: