• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost Magic - Legends

Does This Map sound any good??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok, I am about to start this map but it will be a long and hard process. First off I will tell you about the map. I got inspired to think of this map by Element TD of WC3 and Lost Magic for the Nintendo DS. It would be a unique aos map. You will earn Magic Stones throughout gameplay alwaying you to purchase a new spell. The elements are...

-Fire - Offensive
-Water - Defensive
-Light - Healing
-Darkness - Curses
-Earth - Armor
-Nature - summonings

There will be 3 levels of each. Once you get to level 2 and 3 spell ranks you can combine them. For example Fire level 2 and Darkness level 2 will create a blackish flame that will burn the enemy over time. What i need is a lot of spell ideas for each one.

Example

-(Spell Name) (Element(level 2 or 3),Element(level 2 or 3))
you can create your spell in your own map email it to me at [email protected]

FYI 2 level 3 spells of the same element equals a pure element

I will post updates if i get any help

Level 7
This sounds sweet, but a bit complicated. I'll try some spells.

Nature + Fire = Immolation Summons, that have very little or no primary attack (Forest Fire)

Nature + Water = Crab Summons, Spiked Caraprace, low damage.

Nature + Light = minor Locust Swarm (Fireflies)

Nature + Darkness = Leech Summons, cast Life Drain, maybe other life stealers.

Nature + Earth = Groundhog Summons, high evasion, taunt, leads your enemies chasing something that they can't consistently hit.

Earth + Darkness = (Can't think of name) Takes away armor from a target and gives it to you.

Earth + Light = Channeling, absorbs life proportionate to how much armor your hero has. (1 armor = 10 per sec, 5 armor = 50 per sec, etc) Maybe called Absorption.

Earth + Water = Mud Ward. Creates a ward that affects enemy units, slowing down their attack and movement speed.

Earth + Fire = Eruption. Sacrfices half of you current health to do a massive AOE attack. Good for using when you are about to die as a sort of last dying act.

I didn't really understand what you meant by levels, so if you like any of these you can figure out the levels.

I may post later.

Also, I think this map would be better suited to an arena, becaus AOSs are overdone and this as an arena would be pretty cool.

Last edited:
Level 5
you have the right idea, and the levels would be like the water level 2 for example was a watery explosion and light level 2 would be like a healing aura, = Outcome the spell would be passive and allow the the person a chance to explode water on their target and heal themeselves for the damage given, spells can only be combined with spells of the same level and 1st level spells can't be combined

Level 2
hey man, i like the idea. i really cant help much now as i am doing about 7 other projects and theyre so overwhelming with school and such. i do want to say this idea is really good and it should do well. BTW i think ive seen your name somewhere before too..did u make any other maps before this one?

Level 5
Yes, right now i am pondering about starting this map right now due to school as you said. I just got done with my sport for this season so i should have some more free time. I have created a few naruto maps but they have failed so i am trying to make a successful make that i will have the paitence to do.

Level 18
There are quite some maps that use this 'rune-system'. I don't remember their names (it's been ages since I played on Battle.net), but I've seen maps with this idea in campaigns, TD's, AoS' and maybe others too. How are you planning to make this map different from those?

For your information: those maps also have the 4 elements (and maybe more like light, darkness, poison, etc.), they're usually based on if you got 3 of those elements, they will give you an ability. like Fire+Fire+Fire=Flame Strike, Darkness+Darkness+Earth=Banish, Holy+Water+Air=Blizzard, etc. This gives a lot of abilities to choose from, and when you use the same combination again, you'll get the next level in that ability. I've seen Survivor modes, FFA modes, King of the Hill modes, regular AoS mode, and pretty much every mode you can think of.

I don't want to be a party-crasher, but to make an original map, you'll have to have an original way to insert this in a map. If you got an idea or concept for it, I'm very curious.

Level 5
Spell craft would be an example for this system. Balancing of such a map will be horrible.

I agree with Avator your map will not be unique just because of this system their needs to be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.