• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost in the Light - cast your votes !

Which one of the stories you prefer the most ?

• Lost in the light [Bulb]

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Litl: Le Cachet Noir

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Litl: Memento Mori

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Litl: Carpe Diem

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
seeing the less than expected reception (reads:abysmal) a more detailed coverage of the game mechanics and designs
for the lowest and highest voted projects are in order and will be posted soon.

by the total votes aggregate (from other sources than thw) votes are as follow:

Lost in the Light: 30%

Le Cachet Noir: 0%

Memento Mori: 50%

Carpe Diem: 20%

interestingly Le Cachet Noir got no praise whatsoever from any of the sources, it is possibly the most story-driven of the four yet too confusing as it is presented now
it is difficult to expand on the description without revealing too much though

the description of Memento Mori will be expanded on as well seeing it has gained the most interest

and seriously 200+ views and 4 votes total on here ? Imma go ballistic
are the synopses really that gay ?

Level 21
Lost in the Light sounds like a very unique type of gameplay which seems a bit similar to the vibe of games like Limbo or the flash game Grey. I can't imagine it being portrayed well in Warcraft, though.

Le Cachet Noir was very inspiring to me. If you used lighting effects properly, you could bring everything into view out of shadows as the being learns or realizes new things. I could definitely see this being an innovative Warcraft project.

Memento Mori is a nice idea, but the concept has been done before. Other than the fact that it takes place in a grim and grotesque world, it reminds me too much of a dark MMORPG.

Carpe Diem sounds like an epic, futuristic movie or console game storyline. It would be great if you expanded on this, but not in Warcraft.

and seriously 200+ views and 4 votes total on here ? Imma go ballistic
are the synopses really that gay ?
Most people are just looking for quick readings or pictures to look at when looking through these forums. It's kind of hard to vote when they have to read through all of the different storylines with characters, companies, and fictional technology they've never heard of before :xxd:

Anyway, if you're serious about turning one of these into an ongoing Warcraft project, my vote goes to Le Cachet Noir. It's unique, can be doable in Warcraft, and very likely to be awe-inspiring if you're able to pull it off.

Level 7
+ sandbox style rpg gameplay
To be honest, sandbox style rpg gameplay was a big part of what drove me to vote for the Memento Moir. My favorite map that does this is Unholy Invasion since it's very well done. Sandbox rpgs seem to also work best for wc3 since many people online have crap connections online and it provides for a great layout for the map to continue if needed be. Most large rpg maps aren't well thought out as much as small sandbox type games in my opinion. Unholy Invasion seems to prove that basically you can have great gameplay with just a small map and not too many crazy wacky features as well which is nice.

I am however a bit disappointed in the turnout of only like 6*(after i just added mine ;D) votes as well. That's kind of lame. Anyways this sounds really good and the story seems really well written no matter what idea you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.