• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Arena] Lost Arena (Working Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
CroMoX Presents

Lost Arena
Description

Lost Arena is the final installment in the trilogy of the Lost games. This has several genres, such as; Survival/Arena/RPG; in it allowing for a dynamic arena game allowing for a nice amount of replay-ability and enjoyment, while sticking far away enough to not call it a generic arena map. While the game is made for solo work for you to survive, that does not mean you will not team up at any point in the game, some areas will need a group effort to complete, and in a group of 6 it can get hectic!
Lore

Coming Soon
Features

Treasure Randomization(Accepted)

Death Cycle(Accepted)

Kill Reward(Accepted)

Interesting Boss Fights(Accepted)

Unexpected tab 5

Description
Items are a main feature of any game, and in most games it involves largely around shops. However, Lost Arena does not involve buying items from shops only recipes. Items are found in treasure chests which are scattered around the map randomly.

How Does It Function?
At the start of the game Treasure Chests will be scattered around the map which contain items. When a item is collected from the chest via a button which, will take 5 seconds to finish activating, and after that it will disappear and a random item will be in it's place. After 3 minutes the treasure chests shall be randomized again. This means that treasure chests shall not always spawn at a location, and you will be required to explore the map.

Description
The Death Cycle to me is what really stands out compared to other games, and in this their is no such thing as a death timer. When an enemy has killed you, you get taken to an island called "The Isles of Limbo".

How Does It Function?
So when you die you are moved to the Isles of Limbo, where you are allied with any other dead players to fight a boss that are caught in Limbo. There are several bosses which are chosen when the other people leave, and there are 10 total. The bosses shall grow in strength based on how many people are at the Isles. No experience/loot/gold shall be gained when the boss is killed, only your sanity. When the boss dies you and any other people are moved back to the Forgotten Island scattered randomly over it.
Description
Now usually killing just rewards you a larger amount of experience and bounty, not in Lost Arena. On top of that you are allowed to choose to go to "The Isle of Reward". This allows you to buy an ability or get a recipe for an item.

How Does It Function?
When you kill an enemy you have a 30 second timer, and a message appears asking "Do you want to be moved to The Isle of Reward?". If you type -yes before the timer expires you are moved instantly to the location. At the island you can buy one ability, and after that you are moved to a random position on the Forgotten Island. On the Isle of Reward, you shall be allied with anyone else there. Item Recipes will cost gold, and you will be allowed to buy as many as you want, but once you choose an ability you leave the island. Killing someone is the only way to go to the Isle. You can type -leave to leave the island if you do not want an ability.
Description
Bosses are a tricky creature to tackle when creating, making them appropriate, and also challenging while not being tedious. My idea is to make bosses you spells that will make you move around to avoid, and to increase the enjoyment you get from the battle.

How Does It Function?
When battling a boss when the first damage is dealt, he has a timer before he casts a spell. The spell shall be randomly generated out of his kit, so you cannot predict the outcome so this will make the player try to be on their toes and to avoid any possible threat. Also when the boss hits a percentage of health, depending on what boss it is, an event shall occur, being as simple as summoning units, or to a slow casting stomp you have to avoid. This is also to make the boss not repetitive even with the first system in place.
[tab][tabheader]Events(Pending)[/tabheader]Description
Events can be a useful and fun tool when done well making the game fun, or just uninteresting. My goal is to try, and make a boss or special chests spawn at a time in the game, which is available for a set time.

How Does It Function?
This will function, so about half way into the game a message will appear and a timer will occur at the top to let the players no how long they have to do this event. This will add to gameplay, since people will start to cluster up causing large amounts of fights. Also if it is a boss or a treasure chest you shall be rewarded much more greatly than you would normally with a special item, or a large amounts of gold.

[/tab]

Winning Condition(Accepted)

Hero System(Accepted)

Commands(Accepted)

Description
To win Lost Arena it is not about "Who has the most kills?" it is about who kills the final boss.

How Does It Function?
At 15 minutes the door to the boss arena shall open, and within it the boss will be waiting. At any point in time can you try to kill it, but it takes a solo effort. Anyone can intervene as well, taking the boss kill and ruining your efforts or killing you while you are vulnerable. This will result in a interesting fight.

Description
Heroes where going to be tricky in Lost Arena, but I believe I have found a way for dynamic game play. You can choose between a female and a male, and their a three sub-categories for these, where you have each one with the prime attribute you want. Also depending on what sub-category you picked, depends on what passive you get. Their are no differences between genders, only sub-categories.

How Does It Function?
In the beginning you can select between 6 characters, and within this you can choose either a male or a female, and they both have 3 primary attributes. This allows you to choose what you want to go, so Intelligence for a mage, Strength for a tank/DPS, or Agility for DPS. When you select a character a passive will be given that is based off percentage, so it is useful all game. Also when you gain a level instead of leveling up an ability, you level up a stat on top of your original stat gain, which allows you a large amount of diversity within you build. The reason for this is so when you kill a player you can go get an ability according to what you want, which allows you to get a maximum of four other abilities, totaling at five.

Description
I shall be adding in several commands for players to be able to use, which will not be necessary for the player to use, but it will give the player chooses if they want to change something.

How Does It Function?
So the function is pretty easy to understand, you type in a command, and it will do the action according to what you asked. Some examples of commands I have thought up are;

-Change Model or CModel (Which gives you the option to change the look of yourself in-game if you do not like your current model.
-Clear (Self explanatory removes text)
-MS (Movement speed)
-Abilities*Then attribute, so -AbilitiesStr* (This shall come up with all the names of the abilities that are affected by that kind of stat that you can get at the Isle of Reward)

Screenshots

Hide

Whole Map

Forgotten Island

Forgotten Island Extension

Isles of Limbo

Selection Island

Boss Arena

Isle of Reward

201832-albums5850-picture72247.jpg
201832-albums5850-picture71163.jpg
201832-albums5850-picture71162.jpg
201832-albums5850-picture71164.jpg
201832-albums5850-picture72249.jpg
201832-albums5850-picture71226.jpg
201832-albums5850-picture72248.jpg

Q&A

This section is about any general questions you may have answered (This will be updated regularly);

Q1. When will it be released?
A. I'm not sure as of yet, but I will try to aim within the next 2-3 months. This time may vary depending on how quickly I get it done.

Q2. What can I do to help?
A. What the community can do to help is give ideas/feedback on anything I have in the game as features or modes that could be added.

Q3. Will the map be protected?
A. Unlike my other project, this map shall be protected when released

Q4. Are we going to get an alpha or beta version?
A. Maybe. I will be testing however just before release on garena with some people on hiveworkshop, but no major early public releases.

Progress

Terrain - |||||||||| (95%)
Triggers - |||||||||| (4%)
Units - |||||||||| (6%)
Items - |||||||||| (3%)
Credits

Daredeamon - Ideas
Mc ! - Whirpool Model
SkriK - Weapon Set Icon
HappyTauren - Grass Model
Peekay - Treasure Chest Icon
Chriz. - Treasure Chest Model
AndrewOverload519 - Naga Royal Vault Model
MasterHoasis - Naga OceanReef
-Berz- - Token Set
Bribe - Damage Detection System

Last edited:
Level 10
Treasure Randomizations are.. meh. I think it would only frustrate the players a little as they could only get a full inventory/spammed reject items in the map. But I like the Death cycle though. Pretty cool. and Generally I like the idea of the map. Terrain looks cool too.

Yeah I'm going to try work on a way to make it as fair as possible, I know it could be a good game for some, but bad for other's so I will keep that in mind. Thank you for the comment

SonofJay said:
The terrain isn't really mind-blowing but its nice enough to lure people to play your map. The Death Cycle sounds really nice.

Yeah the terrain will still get some working, and tweaking, it will not go through any major changes though. Thanks for the comment

Level 10
Thanks DivineLight for the feedback, I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Update: I added another feature to the thread, nothing major just 'Commands', and also updated by progression log. I have finished off the heroes you can select. Progress is slow, but shall pick up again very soon :)

Level 10
are you working by yourself, cromox?
btw, when the beta is released?

Yes I am working by myself, and some occasional outside help from Daredeamon if he feels up to it at the time.

I'm not sure when I will be releasing a beta, but it will probably we maybe 2 weeks before release. It is to early to call since I have done all the terrain, and some trigger work and units. Also I'm at school so that affects it

But, I will keep you guys posted to any information about a beta release :ogre_haosis:

Level 10
Updated some screenshots.

Also I have been working on the game a fair bit, and it is coming along nicely.

- I have the basis of my loot system done
- I have the heroes done (This does not include abilties you get from Isle of Reward)
- I have started on the creep system
- I have done my initial selection system

Last edited:
Level 10
Update for you guys

- I have created the Isle of Reward system and it seems to be functionally correctly as of yet.
- I have also made the creep system to what I want it to be, thanks to some users on Hiveworkshop
- I have expanded on my item system by adding more items into it
- I have also got the basic design layout for my Death Cycle Boss fights (So how they will use abilities, and how bosses will be determined)

Also for those people who are interested in a beta/alpha I shall be releasing one, once I do some testing when I have all the basic elements done, and tested with some friends, so you can give input back. This (BetA) will probably be released in under a month, so stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.