• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss Map (Working Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Boss Map
Working Title

Introduction

In this map you will be going up against a series of bosses with a party of other players.
All bosses require teamwork and you need atleast 1 healer and 1 tank to even go up against 1 boss and not die within 10 seconds.

Features

Strategic boss fights with interesting abilities.
Teamwork gameplay
Cool spells
Stackable buffs
Full Screen Inventory
Talent Tree
Advanced Damage System
Threat System

Possible features

Custom Cooldowns
Full Screen Hero Selection
Pets for some classes
Multiple talent trees, currently the idea is to have just one.
Saving and Loading

Each class has upto 7 useable skills at a time and +- 13 talents in 1 tree.
Each class also has a passive which will grant additional benefits.
Two of his abilities are obtained through talents also the passive is obtained this way.
Out of these 7 skills there will be 4 attack or healing spells 2 short combat buffs and one long lasting buff, although most heroes follow this pattern not all follow them.
Currently 13 classes has been thought up and 4 of those have been coded.
The current classes are:
Captain:
The captain is a strategic fighter knowing when and how to hit his targets.
He can either be defensive or offensive, although he is more specialized in defensive.
Two of his spells are:
Shield Bash: The Captain bashes his shield against the target dealing damage and reduces the targets armor by 2, lasts 5 seconds and stacks upto 3 times.
Shield Block: Your block chance is increased by 100%, each time you block an attack the bonus is reduced by 10%, but your dodge chance is increased by 2% stacking upto 10 times. Once the Captain has blocked 10 times his dodge chance cannot increase anymore. The dodge chance buff lasts 12 seconds and the block chance stays until he has blocked 10 times.
Priest:
The priest is not violent and prefers a more peacefull and sustaining way of fighting.
He can only be supportive through healing and buffing.
Two of his spells are:
Heal: Heals the target for a high amount. When this spell crits the targets spell and physical resistances are increased by 10% for 5 seconds.
Ward of Life: Places a ward on the target, if the target dies while under this effect he will return to life with 50% of his maxlife lasts 5 seconds.

Ranger
The Ranger is an expert bowman shooting targets from afar.
He is only offensive.
Two of his spells are:
Triple Shot: Shoots 3 arrows quickly after one another each deals a little bit of damage.
Shadow Meld: All threat generated is reduced by 75% for 3 seconds.

Berserker
The Berserker is a bloodthirsty and never fearing “monster”, he never backs out from a fight.
He is only offensive
Two of his spells are:
Bloodthirst: Dealing moderate amount of damage to the target, each time bloodthirst is used on a target it will deal 20% more damage stacking upto 5 times.
Enrage: Increases the damage of himself and all nearby allies and increases their crit chance, additionally the Berserker’s crit damage is increased by 20%.

These classes have been coded already
I will not yet share any abilities for the other classes as it can always change;)

Elementalist
The Elementalist uses all types of magic to defeat his foes from afar.
He is only offensive

Rogue
The Rogue is a stealthy character that finds weak spots in the targets defense to abuse.
He is only offensive

Shaman
The Shaman is close to nature using those powers to defeat his foes.
He is only offensive though he can either be ranged or melee.

Paladin
The Paladin is a holy knight using his powers to exterminate evil.
He is either supportive or defensive.

Monk
The Monk is a divine warrior using powers granted from the gods to empower his fists.
He is only offensive

Warlock
The Warlock is a demonic being he uses those hellish powers to destroy all enemies on his path.

Alchemist
The Alchemist is a scientific believer, using science to exterminate his foes.
He is either offensive or supportive

Ninja
The Ninja uses quick reflexes and incredible strength to overpower his enemies.
He is either offensive or defensive

Blademaster
The Blademaster learned through years of training multiple stances allowing him to take advantage of every situation.
He is only offensive

Bosses:

Each boss will have its own “arena” in which you will fight it.
Up till now 4 main bosses have been thought out and 1 optional boss which can be fought anytime, although he is extremely hard.
I want to have atleast 12 bosses done before releasing the map.
Each 3 bosses share an item table, dropping upto 2 set items and upto 3 normal items useable by everyone.
Each boss will have a small description of spells in the map so everyone has atleast a small amount of knowledge of him.
Once I finished a boss I will share some information about him;)

Items:

There will be multiple types an rarities of items.
The types will be:
Helmet
Necklace
Shoulders
Armor
Hands
Legs
Boots
Ring
Trinket

The rarities are:
Common
Uncommon
Rare
Set
Legendary

Stats

There are 31 different stats currently ingame which enhance your unit in their own way.
Also there will be no main stats like strength or stamina, only substats are used.

Story

Currently there is no story, though as it’s not a main priority now I will create it later on.

Screenshots

There is not any terrain nor anything else to show as I mostly just coded main system which do everything when there will be anything to show I'll update this;)

Progress
Terrain: 0%
Core Systems: 85%
Features: 30%
Heroes: 30%
Items: 0%
Bosses: 5%
Story: 0%

Level 7
There are 31 different stats currently ingame which enhance your unit in their own way.
Also there will be no main stats like strength or stamina, only substats are used.

What are these 31 different stats; can we have a list? That seems like a lot to digest. Do you spend points on them or do only items effect them?

Level 4
These are all the stats.
Most of these stats are alot used stats like crit chance and spell power that kind of stuff though a few are different.
There are some basic stats, though strenght, intelligence and agility will NOT be used.
Physical Damage %
Spell %
Heal %
Pure %
Spell Power
Attack Power
Crit Chance%
Crit Power%
Spell Crit Chance%
Spell Crit Power%
Item Power % (affects potions and stuff like that)
Spell Resist%
Block Chance%
Block Value
Dodge Chance%
Melee Damage (normal melee damage displayed in the unit ui)
Max Life
Max Mana
Armor
Defense% (defense reduces the chance an enemy has to crit on you)
Physical Resist%
Life Regen
Mana Regen
Attack Speed%
Threat%
Healing Taken%
Physical Damage Taken%
Spell Damage Taken%
Physical Damage Bonus
Spell Damage Bonus

You will not be able to spend points onto these stats as your character will probably NOT level up nor will spells. So these stats can be increased through items/spells/talents only.

Level 7
^-- What is that?

Physical Resist%
Physical Damage Taken%
Sounds like a repeat. Unless i'm misunderstanding them.

Physical Dmg Bonus
Melee Damage
Sounds like these should be combined.

Also a % for items is an interesting idea but maybe a bit much:
Item Power % (affects potions and stuff like that)
I think literally the best thing to do would be to just have only a few spells increase item effects of potions or something rather than just giving them that extra tid bit of background information to confuse them by assigning a name like Item Power to it.

If you however said something like Increases the effect of Consumeables by 15% on an item or something they might understand it; but saying something like increases Item Power by 15% almost instantly makes most people think "huh you mean i get 15% more bonus from ALL my items or something?"

Level 4
^-- What is that?

Sounds like a repeat. Unless i'm misunderstanding them.

Sounds like these should be combined.

Also a % for items is an interesting idea but maybe a bit much:

I think literally the best thing to do would be to just have only a few spells increase item effects of potions or something rather than just giving them that extra tid bit of background information to confuse them by assigning a name like Item Power to it.

If you however said something like Increases the effect of Consumeables by 15% on an item or something they might understand it; but saying something like increases Item Power by 15% almost instantly makes most people think "huh you mean i get 15% more bonus from ALL my items or something?"
I might have some spells that deal pure damage, pure damage is damage that cannot be dodged/blocked or resisted in anyway so 100 pure damage is 100 pure damage. Pure % increases the damage dealt by pure damage though I'm not 100% sure yet I'm keeping that stat.
Physical resist% and Physical damage taken % is indeed mostly the same I probably forgot to remove that stat once well I might change it to something else then;)

Physical Dmg bonus and melee damage is not the same.
Melee damage is the damage your unit has like 22-25.
Physical dmg bonus is a bonus to all physical damage as spells of melee classes deal physical damage those spells benefit from this stat. So if physical dmg bonus is 5 all your physical attacks (melee spells and normal attacks) deal 5 more damage.

The name for item power is still kinda not 100% decided as it indeed sounds like all items have more benefit and it only benefits consumables also I might completely remove it depending on how well the stat works out.

Also @ redscores I don't think it's overboard as most stats are rather common and easy to understand and it might be that not all stats are on items I haven't completely decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.