• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost all String Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I know its extremely taboo out here, but with patch 1.31, I had saved my RPG map onto the new World Editor without knowing about the bug that corrupted all String Data. This resulted into losing all custom strings on over 1k+ Units, Items,abilities and upgrades tooltips. Is anyone able to deprotect the map so i can export all the string values so i can import it on the version im currently working on? It would save me quite a lot of time as I had made some really nice custom tooltips.

Screenshot - 8836c882289878b6c4562526c02d1a51 - Gyazo

Attachments

• HeroesOfKiryumv0.96.w3x
    8.3 MB · Views: 67
Level 3
How do you get an oldier editor version? I tried reinstalling WC3 to a the patch before 1.31 i was using.
I'd like to know that myself. I'm suffering from the exact same problem, though my strings are shuffled around randomly as opposed to being deleted like yours seem to be. I know how to dial back WC3's version for the sake of watching old replays, but I don't know how to do this for the editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.