• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] All my tooltips are gone/empty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Edit: Fixed, after lots of testing I forgot I had imported war3map.wts so thats why the saving did not work. Now it saves correctly again, just have to rewrite everything. Lesson learned. Always keep a backup. :)

Hi,

Got a major issue, all my tooltips have gone missing. I spent about half a day updating all my tooltips in tooltip creator 1.5

After I pressed the import button and opened the map in world editor, everything was fine, but I when i tried to save the map, it instantly crashed without an error prompt or log.

I spent another day figuring out it was the war3map.wts that had been corrupted, during the import, things got messed up. I went through 6000 lines of code manually and opened/closed all string-lines correctly. However, I think there are stuff missing, ids of units/abilities not correct anymore. Now when I open the map in world editor, I can save, but when I save, the names of units, tooltips I create etc does not save, it's just empty again. Tried to remove (attributes) file also but still the same problem.

What must I do to fix this super annoying problem?

I was thinking of deleting (attributes) and the whole wc3map.wts to make the game generate a new, correct version of it, but does that solve the problem? It would mean like another 3 days of work just writing damn text...

Or could it maybe be that I need to figure out the correct unit ids/ability ids and assign it correctly in war3map.wts to make it work again? How do I even figure out what ids everything has... :(

Here's a pic if it helps:

full

Please help!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.