• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Mapping] WC3 Editor Player Colors reference

Level 3
Per suggestion from another member, I have moved this reference sheet here as a "Miscellaneous tutorial/guide/reference". (As opposed to the 'Tools' section.)

WC3 World Editor Player Colors

This is a Google Sheet that shows you all 24 player colors (since they expanded the # of players in the latest patch), along with their decimal, percentage, and hex RGB values. It concludes with full color-tags that you can embed in string fields/values, and shows visual samples of each.

Hope this helps someone, as it helped me in building it. Comments welcome!

Assumptions:
  • User is familiar with Warcraft 3 World Editor.
  • User has a basic understanding of how colors are stored and referenced in the editor (i.e. the RGB system).
A bit more information:
  1. Trigger actions that set object colors (such as vertex coloring, lightning effects, etc.) usually use percent values, while things that deal with text strings, such as chat messages, text values in the object-editor (like tooltips) require the color-tag.
  2. A string color-tag is of the form "|c ff rr gg bb", but with no spaces, and optionally ending with "|r". '|c' or '|C' begins the color tag. 'ff' is for transparency, and a string is always 0% transparent. 'rr' is your Red hex value, such as 'ff' for 100% red, or '00' for no red. Similarly for 'gg' as Green, and 'bb' as Blue.
For example, to make a yellow string that says "Bananas", you would enter "|cfffffc00Bananas|r" in the string value field of the trigger or tooltip or whatever you're editing.

Awesome! Thanks for compiling all this info. Would you mind converting it to a table in BBCode? External sites often go down, or get eventually deleted. So it'd be best to keep it as static text on the hive.

I think you can also omit a few things, imo. I would condense it down to "Player" | "Color" | "(R, G, B)" | "Hex string" | "Color Sample".