• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-=Lordaeron RPG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
haha ok. well any help you need with that afk system just ask i think its gonna be hard in GUI as you cant check if they pressed a button other than arrows and esc. i think the best way to do it is add a bunch of events a player could only do if he was there ex. type, press esc , press any arrow, selects a unit. a combination of those will give an almost flawless checker. there are probably others maybe issued orders i havent toyed with it yet. but if your stumped i can always do it.

Level 9
Alright heres a list of set items, and which hero they correspond to, just need some help with abilities ;)

Oh and the region map will be posted soon real138 ;)

Edit: also feel free to give alternate name changes

Battle Mage: Battle Staff, Battle Sword, Battle Ring

Equipment: Battle Equipment

Reinforced Equipment: Reinforced Battle Equipment

==========================================================================

Dark Magician: Dark Staff, Dark Sheld, Dark Helm

Equipment: Dark Equipment

Reinforced Equipment: Reinforced Dark Equipment

Dwarven Tressure Seeker: Dwarven Hammer, Dwarven Boots, Dwarven Helm

Equipment: Dwarven Equipment

Reinforced Equipment: Reinforced Dwarven Equipment

Keeper of Earth: Nature Staff, Nature Crown, Nature Circlet

Equipment: Nature Equipment

Reinforced Equipment: Reinforced Nature Equipment

Shadow Shaman: Shadow Staff, Shadow Bracers, Shadow Cloak

Equipment: Shadow Equipment

Reinforced Equipment: Reinforced Shadow Equipment

Sorceress: Energy Staff, Energy Cloak, Energy Braclet

Equipment: Energy Equipment

Reinforced Equipment: Reinforced Energy Equipment

Stealth Warden: Apprentice Cloak, Apprentice Amulet, Apprentice Greaves

Equipment: Apprentice Equipment

Reinforced Equipment: Reinforced Apprentice Equipment

Swordsman: Divine Sheold, Divine Sword, Divine Breastplate

Equipment: Divine Equipment

Reinforced Equipment: Reinforced Divine Equipment

Level 9
as i said earlier that was ignored... it may be a little late... but you could add a pyromancer or a fire mage or something... i can help with these spells.

sorry if you were ignored, we might have not noticed you :p , but we don't really need any help at the moment, thank you though

Level 9
Alright here we go, now all the towns needs names (They're the ones that obviously say town) and then in the top left you cant see it but there is a castle area, just name it Kingdom

As for all the unnamed areas, those areas are not ofc and are not finished so don't worry about them yet

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
Level 9
ok when i get the map ill do it. also you told me like 2 weeks ago to make a cleric? which skin should i use?

the map is in my last post XD , oh and for now just use a standard blizzard skin, such as a priest or something ;)

Level 9
Alright although still in testing here is the "working" version of the GUI AFK system:

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/119156/

spet/real go ahead and have a look then tell me what you think :thumbs_up:

This is a very useful tool, but what if you're in a battle and you hold pos and then is shows that you went afk?!? lol, but i think what you can do is make it so when you press esc it will say you went afk, because theirs no other reason to press esc ^_^

but of course you will have to tie that in with the fact that you use esc when you pick your hero so you'll have to make sure that turns on and off as necessary

Level 12
Thanks for the comments guys the reason i didnt use "player 1-red skips a cinematic sequence" was because i thought you would have already used it in your map and real thats a good idea but i just hate to use "wait" timers in GUI since they have been known to not be reliable on exact timing.

What i was really going for was an automatic system which once you stop attacking, casting, moving, etc. it would show an "AFK" sign above your head but the only way to have done this in GUI would have been to add a condition for everything you can do in the map which could cause the trigger to misfire in some instances.

As for the set items i think they are looking great and of course you have a triggered item stats system for all of your items correct? since you can only have 5 abilities normally and for set items you need many more.

I have actually been experimenting a lot on some "different" types of maps such as UnderWater and FPS and started a poll on the website so you guys get to choose what my next full time project will be so please go vote now.

Level 12
Alright heres the updated version and it now works by pressing the "Esc" key

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/119251/

Yes i can make it MUI but there is no reason since i am not releasing this as an actual system.

The way it is now can work pefectly with an ORPG since you will only have 1 hero and the hero does not have to be pre-placed like the one in my system you can simply use variables such as "Set Hero [1] = w/e".

If you guys want me to make a MUI version or a version which uses the variables just tell me and i will.

Level 18
There are few things I`ve noticed:
- Why each circle is called "Player 1 circle"?
- Ball of Infused Magic has unfinishing stun on the target
- Why there is no int item at starting base :eek:

That`s so far. I haven`t benn playin long, so I can`t leave full review. Gut it`s still getting better!

Level 9
There are few things I`ve noticed:
- Why each circle is called "Player 1 circle"?
- Ball of Infused Magic has unfinishing stun on the target
- Why there is no int item at starting base :eek:

That`s so far. I haven`t benn playin long, so I can`t leave full review. Gut it`s still getting better!

Thank you for the feedback, ill have that fixed ;) if you find anyomre bugs or anything pls let me know ^^

Level 9
hey spet to fix the unending stun just set the stun time to .01 instead of 0 if it is 0 if not then id have to take a look. also in the first post the name isnt matching with the version. We should play tonight or tomorrow as a group so we can test some stuff?

Alright, and yeah ill be on tomarrow, whenever you guys get on pm me and ill see if my friend will host it, unless one of you cann host ;)

Level 9
Alright itll have to be after 5:30 because of school, so ill be on furshure, just add me as a friend my screen name is SpEtNeZz and then just whisper to me ;) oh and im on east as well.

Level 9
Alright so heres a list of bugs that we found so far:

-int items will be added to first town(found by krisserz)
-player circles all have the same name(will be changed to stash)(found by krisserz)
-timer for revive dosnt show numbers
-repick is disabled for everyone when someone is dead instead of just for the dead hero
-quests were screwed up when fixing leaks
-first boss has divine armor, pretty much you cannot kill him at a low lvl
-battlemages stun spell is perma stun
-necromancy spell has no mana cost and is way OP
-keeper of earths summons are too OP for low lvl
-some tooltips are messed up
-multiboards do not work
-murlocs spawn at one point insted of random spots
-multiple pathing problems
-terrain is a bit lacking
-players can give resources to each other (not really wanted)
-no loading screen preview, also loading screen needs to be updated
-classes do not work do to fixing leaks
-host can constantly change the mode(going to make it so once you pick a mode its stays like that)
-recipie shops do not display req items
-all discriptions for hero selection system need to be added

this is what we found so far, if you guys find anymore bugs or things that arent working right pls post them, also the next beta will have all these things fixed.

~~also special thanks to real138 for the beta host ^_^ wouldnt have been possible to get all these things noticied this quickly w/o him~~

Level 9
Hmm, and I must say i don`t like currenct tileset, escpecially in that town under king spot. But that`s my personal opinion. But the rest is to fix ;p

Yeah we are in need of a very good terrainer, it to me seems like the map is comming along well besides the terrain xD

Level 22
have you've done the spells for the Dark Magician, bet the ulti isnt done :p

if not gief spell list noaw and I will see if there are any easy stuff (I remember a chain dot spell) that I can supply you with :)

btw

CHA

waits arent inaccurate at all except below 0.27! They just fuck up MUI/MPI if you use more than one XD

edit:

dunno if these problems are alrdy known but ye ...

yes the multiboard is fucked up
shouldnt be in the questlog with the -new , should be displayed at start
the hero choose system, all units have the same abilities according to it
after selecting a hero it should be auto selected
if you dont wanna pan the camera at 0.00 atleast make it blackmask for that person and fade it back when the camera is back (will look much better)
quest deliever the message has no description when you take it (it is in the questlog)
in the murloc quest, small spelling These instead of Theese :p
in the Gathus skull quest spelling, should be there is instead of their is
gems and crystals icons (wood and food) should be passives
in the jupiter quest spelling, friend instead of freind also the text ends with a | think you got one to many
not possible to return garthus skull quest and you can sell the skull
it's wooden shield not wooden sheild
you can remake the boar quest multiple times
it's intelligence in the ring instead of intellegence

Last edited:
Level 9
I can do some terrain improvements. But it will take some time.

But btw, who has the map now?

I currently have the map

have you've done the spells for the Dark Magician, bet the ulti isnt done :p

if not gief spell list noaw and I will see if there are any easy stuff (I remember a chain dot spell) that I can supply you with :)

btw

CHA

waits arent inaccurate at all except below 0.27! They just fuck up MUI/MPI if you use more than one XD

edit:

dunno if these problems are alrdy known but ye ...

yes the multiboard is fucked up
shouldnt be in the questlog with the -new , should be displayed at start
the hero choose system, all units have the same abilities according to it
after selecting a hero it should be auto selected
if you dont wanna pan the camera at 0.00 atleast make it blackmask for that person and fade it back when the camera is back (will look much better)
quest deliever the message has no description when you take it (it is in the questlog)
in the murloc quest, small spelling These instead of Theese :p
in the Gathus skull quest spelling, should be there is instead of their is
gems and crystals icons (wood and food) should be passives
in the jupiter quest spelling, friend instead of freind also the text ends with a | think you got one to many
not possible to return garthus skull quest and you can sell the skull
it's wooden shield not wooden sheild
you can remake the boar quest multiple times
it's intelligence in the ring instead of intellegence

Thanks for all the feedback man, you can expect all of this to be fixed in the next beta ;) i have a question though, i have all the text to display when you get a quest and when you start the map, but none of this shows up??

Level 8
CHA_Owner is right! It's not the best, atm, but it's still hard work, which needs to be finished! :smile:

Work, Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.