• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-=Lordaeron RPG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Version 1.15c beta is now posted!!

=====BASIC OUTLINE=====(This is an outline not the storyline)
You are a hero(obviously) trying to gain levels and accuire items so that you can defeat the undead and light armies. their are 3 main cities, each city has different shops and quests. the higher level city you're in the higher level quests and items it has in it. EXAMPLE: you are in the lvl 1 base and can only buy potions and light armor and weapons, if you're in the lvl 3 base you can buy heavy armor and weapons. the undead army is the weaker army, so basicaly you destroy them first due to restrictions on the gates. after you defeat both armies you head north to the kings castle. thats when you find out that the king is being kept a hostage to the undead ruler hel. so you must fight your way to the end of the castle and destroy hel. after the king has been saved the game is pretty much over.

if anyone has suggestions for the map please e-mail me at [email protected].
their are alot of things that need to be finished such as:
----------------
-bosses
-more quests
-terrain
-items
-hostile units
and more...
----------------
so suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

~To Do~

-Bosses
-More classes

~Things acomplished since last update~

-Hero Selection System added
-Major trigger clean up
-Terrain Fixes
-Fixed Game Commands
-Quests Trigger fixed
-New Hero Added Priest

~Gameplay~

-You can choose one hero, once you have chosen your hero you can start doing quests, now there are only 14 quests so far but there will be MANY more in the future, anyway you have 5 spells, 4 of which are normal spells and 1 is your Ulti, you have a bonus spell that you can accuire at lvl 100, it is an attribue spell, now you're probobly thinking to yourself "So i cannot get any attribute bonuses until im lvl 100!" and my answe id "NO", there will be a atribute system coming eventualy, but once you rech lvl 100, that system will stop and you will have the ability.

-Now another thing you can accuire are classes, there are currently 2 classes, Offesive, and Defensive, There will be more in the future, i was aiming for about 5 or 6, You may choose a class when you are at lvl 10, Classes lvl up automaticaly so you do not have to waist skill points.

-There is also a couple of game commands such as -save/-load/-out/-in/-clear/-kick/-repick, now each of the commands a pretty self explanitory but if you want to know hwta the do just simply check the quest menu.

-Now you start off in a small town as you will see there are more towns around the map so you do not have to run all the way back just to heal you hero, or buy an item, BUT each town has somthing special to it, like higher lvl items, or better quests etc. but you must be a Req. lvl to enter the town, i made it this way so that the game is a bit challanging, now dont think that you have to lvl your hero for a a couple of hours to get to the second base because there are plenty of towns to travel to, there are the 3 main(Which you need to be Req. lvls) and then there is the big main city where the king of Lordaeron is, now you do not need to be a Req. lvl to enter this town but you will not be able to get high lvl quests until you are a higher lvl, now you can buy ANY item from te main city that is sold in shops around the map. The max lvl is 200 so expect there to be tough creeps and crazy bossfights.

-Now the further you play the more the storyline will make sense, so when you get towards the end you will know what has exactaly happend.

-There are 2 differnt things replacing lumber and food, Gems replaced lumber, they are the main items that you will need to buy tough items, and then there are crystals that replaced food, now crystals are used to make very high lvl items and unlock a few things, so overall Crystals will be the most difficult to retrieve, but do not think that it is impossible.

-So there are 2 main enemy here, we have the Undead Army(Towards the center of the map) and we have the Light Army(Towards the bottom right of the map), so you're probobly wondering which one is harder and i will say it right now the Undead Army is a bit weaker, now once you have destroyed both armies you will be able to fight the leader named Hel, not Hel is Very powerful so you will not be able to kill her on a 1v1, however once you have defeated her the game will not be over, you will be able to recieve special quests worth ALOT of materials, and unlock special items.

-NOTE: Save/Load code does not save progress so if you deafeated both armies and then save and then restarted the map, you would have to do it over again. Now once you have completed the game if you contact me and send me proof that you have completed it, i mean solid proof like a screenshot or a video, and i see that it is real proof then you can send me your load code with your name and i will give you a special item that onlt i can give you, i will not steal your hero becuase what would i want it for. Now that about sums it all up.

Sorceress

Azh'anda lived in Winterspring and always was interested in the forbidden - magic. Once she went on the highborne ruins, and not only found some artifacts, but also anceint magics. She kept her secret for a few years, slowly becoming more and more powerful. When once a priestess of the moon who came in the village saw her, she almost killed her. No one has noticed that because magic her hair became white - sign of the transformation night elves suffer if the become mages. She was exiled from her village, and for years she, a night elves sorceress explored the ruins of Kalimdor, unlocking the ancient secrets.

Credt to Alagremm

Keeper of Earth

"He would be a monk, defending its humble faith, apparently. However, inside the depths of his monastery, he would torture kidnapped followers. Once discovered, he was condemned to be buried alive, to pay for his crimes. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough to kill him. Before his last breath, Epheron, the god of Earth made him an offering. In exchange for his beating heart and breathing lungs, he would become immortal. He became one with the earth that was around him, and years later, he has risen from the grounds, but now his body is possesed by Epheron's very essence, fighting for the cause of nature.

Credt to HappyCoackroach

Dwarven Tresure Seeker

Braegan,was a wildhammer dwarf boy, living in a village.
Unlike his brethren he always thought about their titan heritage, and his talants in archeology, were not understood by his kind and he was barely tolerated. Once when emisaries of the Ironforge dwarves came, they noticed a strong boy who was exploring their machines. They understood who they found, and asked permission to take him in Ironforge. Soon, Braegan has prooved his talants and became one of the greatest students of the Explorers Guild ever. He went in the expedition in Northrend with Muradin Bronzebeard, and was never heard from again. Everyone though he died in the cold wastelands, but now he returned, much stronger and much more powerful and skilled.

Credt to Alagremm

Shadow Shaman

Kandar was an assasin, until he got a heavy injury. One day elements came to him in a dream and taught him the way of a shaman. His injuries healed, and he became a shaman, but he didnt like being a shaman. Elements were plain and boring for him. One day the elements talled him about the endless amount of elements in the world. Thats how he learned about the Shadow element. It was dark and twisted, but so was his soul. Now Kandar was no assasin and no shaman. He was the Shadow Shaman.

Credt to Alagremm

Battlemage

Torelan was a conjurer of Stormwind. When it has fallen in the First War he and the other survivors had to fight for life to survive in its ruins. After the Second War, New Storwind was built, and he, after long years of fighting became a Battlemage. When the city was destroyed again he fleed on a small ship, in search of peace, and a place to call a home.

Credt to Alagremm

Stealth Warden

Kureana was a sentry of the Watchers in Barrow Dens prison. She lived, and was totally satisfied until Tyrande Whisperwind destroyed the prison to free Illidan. One of the surviving Watchers, she had stayed behind in the ruins of their home, while Maiev went to capture Illidan. Hardly surviving the attacks of the corrupted creatures and their demon masters she has learned the art of stealthing, to defeat the enemies with higher numbers. Some time ago, the remaining Watchers left the Barrow Dens. One night she left her friends to find herself a new destiny.

Credt to Alagremm

Swordsman

John Dastar was a regular footman in the armies of Stromgard. When it has fallen, he became a leader of a mercenary camp, and became a swordsman, using his skills and strenght. After the third War, he was again alone, and became a wanderer, looking for a place in this world.

Credt to Alagremm

Dark Magician

Tanavar was a strange night elf, who hasnt slept in barrwo dens like all other night elves, because of his half-working magical addiction.. When Felwood was created his dark side revealed itself, as he was corrupting the forest, summoning demons and helping satyrs as a mage. His was the one who helped to find a place for the Skull of Gul'dan in Felwood. When the night elves destroyed the skull and demons, he ran away, to stay alive. After travelling through the tainted and corrupted lands of Kalimdor, leanring the ways of darkness and helping demons in Desolace he has finally returned.

Credt to Alagremm

Cleric

Comming Soon...

-if you have ay further questions please PM me, BoneKnight, magIc_seeKer,artahs_king, or CHA_Owner.

~~~~~ALSO~~~~~
>>Current Project Members
-SpEtNeZz- (Project Leader)
-magIc_seeKer (Hero Creator/Idea Creator)
-Krisserz (Triggerer)
-Arthas_king (Ideas, Terrainer)
-boneknight (Triggerer)
-CHA_Owner(NAMM) (Triggerer)
-IMakeMapsAlot (Ideas, Storyline Writer, Hero Creator)
- real138 (Triggerer, Hero Creator)
=============================================

Credits to campir for screenie 1&2
Credits to Krisserz for 3rd screenie

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_080509_232800_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_080509_232800_01.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 8,254
  • WC3ScrnShot_080509_233027_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_080509_233027_02.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,153
  • WC3ScrnShot_080509_233209_03.png
    WC3ScrnShot_080509_233209_03.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 6,092
  • Battlemage.png
    Battlemage.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 641
  • Dwarven Tressure Seeker.png
    Dwarven Tressure Seeker.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 629
  • Keeper of Earth.png
    Keeper of Earth.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 593
  • Shadow Shaman.png
    Shadow Shaman.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 829
  • Sorceress.png
    Sorceress.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 923
  • Stealth Warden.png
    Stealth Warden.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 580
  • Swordsman.png
    Swordsman.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 637
  • Dark Magician.png
    Dark Magician.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 660
  • Priest.png
    Priest.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 879
  • Lordaeron RPG v1.15c beta.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 724
Last edited:
Level 9
The map was taken off because I thought that the map was in a very early stage and could not show much, so i decided to repost the map once ive gotten 75% done with the map so that it is full functionable, I will add a to do list this friday so you know what to expect. Also me and CHA_Owner(NAMM) are working on a forum where the map will be held for downloading and some of our other maps will be posted too, we will post the URL when the cite is fully functionable.

Last edited:
Level 5
Looks interesting... in screenshot #2 theres a swamp type scene; i'd advise cutting down on the amount of lilypads as it looks a bit cluttered.

Level 9
Looks interesting... in screenshot #2 theres a swamp type scene; i'd advise cutting down on the amount of lilypads as it looks a bit cluttered.

I will, thats just a start though, i need to add some structures and other things, but thanks for the suggestion ;)

Level 8
Well. Not much to see, and i also gave you already a review.
You removed the map, so not much to see ^^

Iam too busy to help you, youknow, i´ve got an own to care about ;)

If iam done, i will see what i can do.

Level 9
Well. Not much to see, and i also gave you already a review.
You removed the map, so not much to see ^^

Iam too busy to help you, youknow, i´ve got an own to care about ;)

If iam done, i will see what i can do.

True there realy isnt that much to see, but the update is coming along very nicely so when i repost the map it will be like a whole new map, I will post more screenshots soon, what else shall i add? models used, maybe a preveiw video, info about the gameplay?

{EDIT}
Okay i will post a couple screenshots and the layout of the gameplay, i might add a preveiw video in the future, and i will also make a list of all the things that have been completed since the last update, if you have any suggestions please le me know ;)

Edit: Added gameplay description and to do and things done list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
well i got a lot of item ideas that should drop from bosses or buy from vendors, but there is 1 problem. i'm not sure about the stats. i meen i never actually leveled untill 200 to see how the damage/armor/stats/etc are like. so don't know what stats to put on them.

Level 9
@majIc_seeKer: hmmmm, it might require alot of testing but in the game info their is a list of req. lvls that you need to be in order to fight a boss, so i would say just make the boss and then place a unit at the req. lvl and see how hard it is, but just remember that you want it to be hard if it is only one player so that you need group play.

Edit: and remember the classes, weapons are permanent etc.

@Soul Theft what are you good at???

Last edited:
Level 11
Im Willing to help you guys ^^
I Could Be Either Hero Creator/Idea Creator
Anyway i can only play thursday,friday & saturday
got classes -_-;;

Level 8
Test

Well, i am back again and going to test the new version....
Tested.
-Terrain better now, but still not good :/
-Not much changed, i think.

Last edited:
Level 8
Well, it should be something what is like the map...so something like
-Lands of War
-Worlds of no Peace
-War of the Gods
-dunno, i think the ideas are a bit stupid :p

Level 9
Hmmmm, ill try to come up with some map name ides and then post them, and then you guys can tell me which one sonds best :D

Level 8
@SpEtNeZz: Lands is the wrong word :p I think he means the World. The country etc.
Like: A very stupid example: Germany ORPG xD

Level 9
Like give it almost like a theme, or setting,

examples:
Dark River RPG
Fallen Tomb RPG
The Great War RPG
etc.

@ lakiulo101: What do you mean what lvl? the heros?

Level 11
@spetnezz-the maximum level of heroes,cause if its until 10 1st 2nd & 3rd are 3 levels while the last is 1,if its 25,1st 2nd & 3rd have 4 levels,while the last has 3 levels,while the attributes of course are the rest..
and here i thought of a name
Endless Night RPG
^^

Level 9
@ lakiulo101: yes i will edit the spell setup alot and love the name @_@

if anyone has suggestions on the way the spells should be setup then please share your ideas, +rep for good ideas

Level 11
well heres a setup i thought XD
at the beginning your character has its own starting abilities its at their own characteristic
The 1st 2nd 3rd has 4 levels while the 4th has 3 levels when you reach the maximum level
youll get your ultimate skill...

Level 12
CHA_Owner(NAMM)

Hi I am CHA_Owner(NAMM) and I am the new triggerer for this map i just wanted to introduce myself and ask if anyone here has any ideas for systems/GUI creations that would be great for this rpg I am already inventing a GUI chat system for it but any ideas or suggestions go ahead and post them.

:thumbs_up:

Level 15
Level 9
Yes, me and CHA_Owner(NAMM) are working on a forum for the map, you should check it out, and you could help set it up ;) we already got most of it done.

Level 8
Here is my second review:

Terrain: 4/10 [Terrain is almost the same, often empty or wrong set, flying, doodads.]
Gameplay: 5/10 [Select Class, do Quests, kill Monsters.]
Game: 5/10 [Still a bit empty areas, quests, but almost common Units, short Story.]
Control: 8/10 [Easy, nothing special, normal Warcraft III controls]

Story: 4/10 [Short, but okay.]
Balance: x/10 [Not tested]
Heroes: 6/10 [Okay heroes]
Systems: 2/10 [Damage Detect System, didn´t see any more]
Units: 2/10 [Almost normal Warcraft units.]

Complete: 36/80 [A normal ORPG, nothing really special]

Tips:
-Use more coustom Units.
-Fix spelling bugs
-Rework terrain
-Give a reason why the player´s character should go around and do quests

Bugs:
-A lot of spelling bugs
-Wrong description of heroes (wrong mana amount etc)
-Still remaining !'s above the quest givers after finishing quest

So, i hope there will come more, so the people want to play it more.
So, i wish you good luck with your project, i will test again another time.

~Nurga

Last edited:
Level 8
Here is my third review:

Terrain: 4/10 [Terrain is almost the same, often empty or wrong set, flying, doodads.]
Gameplay: 5/10 [Select Class, do Quests, kill Monsters.]
Game: 5/10 [Still a bit empty areas, quests, but almost common Units, short Story.]
Control: 8/10 [Easy, nothing special, normal Warcraft III controls]

Story: 4/10 [Short, but okay.]
Balance: 3/10 [Keeper of Earth Elementals aer too strong, Dark magican's spell Necromancy is damn imba, dwarf has too much life]
Systems: 2/10 [Damage Detect System, didn´t see any more]
Units: 5/10 [Almost normal Warcraft units, okay Heroes]

Complete: 36/80 [A normal ORPG, still nothing really special]

Tips:
-Use more coustom Units.
-Fix spelling bugs
-Rework terrain
-Give a reason why the player´s character should go around and do quests.
-Earth Guardian Elementals are too strong.

Bugs:
-A lot of spelling bugs
-Wrong description of heroes (wrong mana amount etc)

So, i hope there will come more, so the people want to play it more.
So, i wish you good luck with your project, i will test again another time.
It didn´t change so much, let's see what the next time will bring.

~Nurga

Last edited:
Level 3
Ummmm..... If you need it, I can help with units and heroes, I can do the spells and everything, but someone may have to balance them later, I also have some triggering expierience and i can help with storyline/quests

{EDIT}
Ok sos heres the test terrain, for others who read this, this is really just for SpEtNeZz sos theres no point in downloading

Attachments

• Terrain Test .w3x
    22.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Well, a tank needs tanking-abilities so, i will tell you these:

(Names are stupid, you can change them^^)

Agressive Roar
The most ordinary spell...enemys attack the tank :D

Agressive Attack
Deal damage to target and make it attack the tank

Armor-Traning
Add movementspeed and armor/health (Passive)

Anti-Arrow Stance
Who knows the footmans "Defend"-Ability? This helps against piercing attacks.

Fearing Scream
All units around the tank run away in fear for a while.

That are just some...hope i could help ;)

Level 22
So this is where you used the dark magician!

Well as I got 2 of the main ideas to his spells I will gladly help you make the whole heroes spells including Dark Implosion :) Maybe can make some more spells if I got the time but as I sent you the ideas for the spells the magician should be the main priority for me ;)

Level 15
ya could you do the same for me i almost got the hero done. Just one spell is giving me trouble even though its dead simple. i want to add X to the units hitpoints when the unit has this passive on him. but idk anyway to add max health other than avatar but then it hides the exp bar. :/

Level 9
ya could you do the same for me i almost got the hero done. Just one spell is giving me trouble even though its dead simple. i want to add X to the units hitpoints when the unit has this passive on him. but idk anyway to add max health other than avatar but then it hides the exp bar. :/

yeah my internets bein gay right now so ill have it to you by tomarrow

Level 18
Ehh, who was triggering the scripts? I must say that it`s not relly good gob. It`s a spam of triggers, putting useless
  • Do Nothing
I must say I`m... dissapointed. I haven`t looked at the map for about 6 months, and there is nothing really new. Pathblockers are kinda fail. They don`t have to be one by one. Now the map needs more work than when I looked at it last time.

But to the good sides, there are some imports, but they look good. Finally there is save/load, what wasn`t hard to copy/paste, but it is in the map, and additionally it works. The terrain is... ok, in game is not much better, but there are some improvemments.

Status
Not open for further replies.