• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Lord of the Rings: The Defense of Minas Tirith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
rlx you will see that all in the game!!! when i release that... its close to the release but i want to make more heroes and items for the beta... so i need to finish pippin, eomer, gollum, eowin, arwen, elrond and haldir... finish the tests of this heroes and fix some bugs and finish the recipes AND DONE!!! mb 2 months and this project will be done haha

Level 10
sure... add me at skype : galactcus1
and we discuss better about that... now i really need a programer and a pro object editor... to finish somethings for me because im very busy with college things... the terrain is not the problem right now... its close to be done... i need to finish skills... and try to balance the game the most i can. right now only 10 playable chars... need to fix the cinematics a little and make at least some events...... need to balance the skills and other's stuffs and try to make at least 20 recipe items...

Level 19
hope you will finish this soon. i wana test it =) do you have any alpa beta test maps i can try playing?

And about the white tree. Why not just make an custom model with magos. dont edit anything. Just change path and then make a skin for it. Its just to make whole skin white and then import ? simple i think.

Level 10
hope you will finish this soon. i wana test it =) do you have any alpa beta test maps i can try playing?

And about the white tree. Why not just make an custom model with magos. dont edit anything. Just change path and then make a skin for it. Its just to make whole skin white and then import ? simple i think.

well not yet... i need to finish some items and some balances so i cant lauch the beta... but i dont have many time ;/

Level 10
im finishing some tests... so i can release i very cool version... now im finishing the last items, balances and gameplays... so i can release the official version... if someone want to help me test the map add me at skype as galactcus1 or at garena as galactcus... so we can test the beta version... i will finish the things i have to fix now... and i release the beta version tomorrow... so maybe you all can help me more hehe

Level 10
here is the first beta version... ;D
have only 4 recipes... so i ask you all to help me make more recipes...
and please if you find any bug tell me the fast as you can ^^
thank you
:D

Attachments

• Lord of the Rings - Hero Defense.w3x
    7.4 MB · Views: 95
Level 6
Bugs:
jeweler (item shop) can be ordered to move (as red)

attack and armor upgrades done at the Circle don't affect troops

Tips:
the Minas Tirith city is way too tiny for a map based on defense. Make it way bigger, add lots of citizens (which need to be protected to win), guards, not chosen heroes as NPC characters, multiple attack paths, and bigger waves of enemies.

Add some more realism (battles like in the movies) by adding friendly fighting forces, customization of those forces, and setting up barricades/towers/catapults.

Gems of Shadow and Gems of Death don't fit to be used by humans that are not evil. It just doesn't make sense.

Suggestions for Recipes
Recipe+Iron shield+2xreinforced armor--->Oaken Shield- Grants some armor, a health bonus, and a chance to reduce incoming attack damage.
Recipe+Quarterstaff+Gloves of Spell+Gem of Ice--->Great-ice Staff- Grants intelligence, attack damage, armor and the ability to cast a Frost Nova.
Recipe+War Axe+Gauntlets of Strength--->Headcleaver- Grants lots of damage, some Strength, and the Bash ability (doesn't work on bosses)
Recipe+Iron Sword+Ruby+Necklace of Iron--->Moonlight Blade-Grants a bonus to damage, life regeneration and gives an active ability that increases attack speed for a few strikes.
Recipe+Iron Shield+2xDiamond+Soldier Helmet--->Guardian Plate- Grants lots of armor, health and life regeneration. Also grants a small armor boost to nearby allies.

Level 10
Bugs:
jeweler (item shop) can be ordered to move (as red)

attack and armor upgrades done at the Circle don't affect troops

Tips:
the Minas Tirith city is way too tiny for a map based on defense. Make it way bigger, add lots of citizens (which need to be protected to win), guards, not chosen heroes as NPC characters, multiple attack paths, and bigger waves of enemies.

Add some more realism (battles like in the movies) by adding friendly fighting forces, customization of those forces, and setting up barricades/towers/catapults.

Gems of Shadow and Gems of Death don't fit to be used by humans that are not evil. It just doesn't make sense.

Suggestions for Recipes
Recipe+Iron shield+2xreinforced armor--->Oaken Shield- Grants some armor, a health bonus, and a chance to reduce incoming attack damage.
Recipe+Quarterstaff+Gloves of Spell+Gem of Ice--->Great-ice Staff- Grants intelligence, attack damage, armor and the ability to cast a Frost Nova.
Recipe+War Axe+Gauntlets of Strength--->Headcleaver- Grants lots of damage, some Strength, and the Bash ability (doesn't work on bosses)
Recipe+Iron Sword+Ruby+Necklace of Iron--->Moonlight Blade-Grants a bonus to damage, life regeneration and gives an active ability that increases attack speed for a few strikes.
Recipe+Iron Shield+2xDiamond+Soldier Helmet--->Guardian Plate- Grants lots of armor, health and life regeneration. Also grants a small armor boost to nearby allies.

thank you about your tips... and about the enemy waves it inscreases with number of players and time... and about what to defend in minas tirith is the white tree if that burns (like in the vision of Elrond = you fail)... i will fix the bug with jeweler, sorry about that i forget haha and last thing about many paths... im thiking about a way to make enemies come to the city for others ways like in the movie... but for now just the main entrance... thank you very much for the recipes!

Level 10
here is the fixed beta version [2]... fixed some bugs removed some leaks...
upgraded some heroes... and other's stuffs now i think everything is ok...
just need to do the recipes for the official version...

Attachments

• Lord of The Rings - Hero defense.w3x
    7.4 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
here is the latest version i did... have 11 recipes and the secret shop now have 11 items...
fixed lot of bugs... [2]

I'm not sure I like it being RoC... That means no custom abilities... If it has all standard abilities, that would be really lame.

I'm hoping you simply modified it in a way to allow TFT features in RoC.

Anyway, I wasn't able to test it over the last couple of days as I'd said I would, hopefully my friends and I will manage to test it out sometime. We do play Warcraft 3 pretty regularly, but we just didn't end up playing any videogames over the last couple of days. I promise you that we will end up testing it, though. I look forward to trying this map.

Level 10
I'm not sure I like it being RoC... That means no custom abilities... If it has all standard abilities, that would be really lame.

I'm hoping you simply modified it in a way to allow TFT features in RoC.

Anyway, I wasn't able to test it over the last couple of days as I'd said I would, hopefully my friends and I will manage to test it out sometime. We do play Warcraft 3 pretty regularly, but we just didn't end up playing any videogames over the last couple of days. I promise you that we will end up testing it, though. I look forward to trying this map.

the map is RoC... its because i used an map protector... well the protector made the map to stay as RoC not as TFT... the normal map is TFT... i dont know what map protector changed but it has lot of custom skills (normal and triggered ones) and lot of stuffs... i tested the map with my friends and work normally... just appear as RoC instead of TFT

I really wish this used some of the incredible elf soldier models available here on hiveworkshop. There must be something you could take out to make some space for a couple of them; that would be awesome.

I would really like to see a helm's deep map taking advantage of the uruk models available here as well, if you're interested in making one sometime.

What this really needs, though, is some NPC troops. If you're going to do a hero defense with no troops whatsoever, you should probably use a different setting, because minas tirith should be full of troops with an epic war, in my opinion.

Level 10
I really wish this used some of the incredible elf soldier models available here on hiveworkshop. There must be something you could take out to make some space for a couple of them; that would be awesome.

I would really like to see a helm's deep map taking advantage of the uruk models available here as well, if you're interested in making one sometime.

What this really needs, though, is some NPC troops. If you're going to do a hero defense with no troops whatsoever, you should probably use a different setting, because minas tirith should be full of troops with an epic war, in my opinion.

you played all the map? you got to the end of the map? if not... finish the map first before ask for somethings that exist in the map...

you played all the map? you got to the end of the map? if not... finish the map first before ask for somethings that exist in the map...

You should have it start out with some troops. I played it for a while, but hadn't seen any friendly units, besides shops, before losing.

If you're telling the truth, and there actually are friendly units later on, I still think that there should be friendly units even in the beginning. After all, there weren't simply a few heroes defending minas tirith by themselves waiting for reinforcements at the end or anything like that; they had an army. Obviously you don't need the thousands of troops, but some would be nice.

Level 10
look at mercenary camp... later you will have lot of money... you can buy them to help you and you can upgrade them... i will place more options of soldiers... for now just have 2 (meele damage dealer, meele tanker)... in the end of the game you will have your hero more 3 soldiers (level 5), remember that some heroes already have summons, theoden for example have 5 summons (a total of 9 units under a player control).

place soldiers in the map doesnt make sense... like in the movie secondary characters always dies and do nothing more than kill 1 or 2 orcs... so i have no reason to put soldier to die... i put some that are only for enviroment purposes in the city (as dooadads)... so why place units that will die and wont help you later? .. i dont like to see tons of units that the players dont look or dont care for... i know that if i put some allies units many players will let them die in the first waves...

The main point of the map is strategy, many players still dont care about potions, food or stay close to the tavern for life and mana regen, they dont buy defensive items only think about kill, dont keep money for a mercenary ally to help...

Lord of the ring tell the strenght of the heroes that inspired the soldiers, fight against waves of enemies alone and survive... that's my point in the map...
that is what will differ my map from others LOTR maps... my map is still new... but remember i focused on a HERO defense... the main point of the map is the heroes...

look at mercenary camp... later you will have lot of money... you can buy them to help you and you can upgrade them... i will place more options of soldiers... for now just have 2 (meele damage dealer, meele tanker)... in the end of the game you will have your hero more 3 soldiers (level 5), remember that some heroes already have summons, theoden for example have 5 summons (a total of 9 units under a player control).

place soldiers in the map doesnt make sense... like in the movie secondary characters always dies and do nothing more than kill 1 or 2 orcs... so i have no reason to put soldier to die... i put some that are only for enviroment purposes in the city (as dooadads)... so why place units that will die and wont help you later? .. i dont like to see tons of units that the players dont look or dont care for... i know that if i put some allies units many players will let them die in the first waves...

The main point of the map is strategy, many players still dont care about potions, food or stay close to the tavern for life and mana regen, they dont buy defensive items only think about kill, dont keep money for a mercenary ally to help...

Lord of the ring tell the strenght of the heroes that inspired the soldiers, fight against waves of enemies alone and survive... that's my point in the map...
that is what will differ my map from others LOTR maps... my map is still new... but remember i focused on a HERO defense... the main point of the map is the heroes...

The NPC's don't need to win the game for you; just have some sent out every now and then for the sake of making it feel like a warzone, even if they don't do much before dying. It just makes it feel more like an actual warzone, like the defense of minas tirith should.

Level 9
last update - Eomer is ready to fight
- Legolas have 2 new skills
- Faramir have 1 new skilll
- some skills got balanced
- tooltips and hints fixed
now the NEWEST map download will stay in the first page! download only from there!

Can you putt 2 or 4 simple unit at the begin of the game ? because when I try too play it alone. its impossible to play more than 30 second ...:goblin_boom:

Level 1
This a good map , have good heroes, good itens, good mechanichs but...
need finish the heroes , use 100% of the terrain and the late game is monotonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.