• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOTR reskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there!

I open up this thread to show you reskined models that I plan to use for this LOTR project :

• Rohan

• xa3y.png
    • j7s4.png
    • 9zz5.png
    • kx6j.png
  • Gondor

• b07m.png
    • ihlx.png
    • a1da.png
  • Arnor/Eriador

• 9pzo.png
    • gy4v.png
    • qqby.png
  • High Elves

• Silvan Elves

• 215r.png
    • nypp.png
  • Dale

• 26ch.bmp
    • 7uik.png
    • j17w.png
    • m2o0.png
  • Dwarves

• ilqd.png
    • 3et4.png
    • 5prf.png
    • vvs.bmp
  • Harad

• Rhun

• kesw.png
  • Dunland

• Umbar

• Isengard

• d7bb.png
    • wrf7.png
  • Mordor

• vxrz.png
    • 6mb.bmp
    • 9oxm.png
  • Goblins

• zbjd.png
    • xtej.png
    • d49j.png
    • dakf.png

Feel free to comment!

Last edited:
Level 9
The Goblin faction will be difficult to establish, models are rare and often not really convincing (especially WOW ones that I totally dislike). And if you're able and up to translate a map from French to English, optimize models, create/edit a MPQ, create a terrain or make an AI, why not joining the project ;)!

they look quite nice, though i think that most of the stuff can be made with ingame skins. If you intend to make a LOTR project, just search the model section under the tag Haradrim (i've made some of them with ingame textures). :wink: Ingame skin usage has the advantage of having a lower filesize. Although, sometimes (like in the Mumakil) it is necessary to use custom skins. :wink:

Level 9
Yeah I know your models (and Fingolfin ones) and I have planed to use them!

Unfortunately I don't know how to use ingame textures... And I suppose that it is much more work ^^!

And if you have a mumakil skin, could send it to me please?

Level 3
Please please please tell me you will post these models for download and that you'll make more LotR models? :) I'm a big BIG fan of Peter Jackson's LotR and Hobbit movies and would do ANYTHING to get such amazing models as these ones to make RPG maps. It would mean the world to me.

Please please please tell me you will post these models for download and that you'll make more LotR models? :) I'm a big BIG fan of Peter Jackson's LotR and Hobbit movies and would do ANYTHING to get such amazing models as these ones to make RPG maps. It would mean the world to me.
You know that they will be rejected right??? They are Blizzard property you know. Besides Misha won't accept those ones.

Level 9

I can send them to you if you want, just give me your email in private.

You know that they will be rejected right??? They are Blizzard property you know. Besides Misha won't accept those ones.

Blizzard rips are allowed if they are edited and optimized enough. That is the case of some of these models, but thats true that some of them would be rejected ^^

Level 9
"My" soldier of Gondor has been put into Needs fix section. That means that if I reduce the number of textures and the size of the model it should be accepted :D! I hope that "my" Dunedain Ranger will follow the same way ^^! The only problem is that I don't know how to perform those fixes...

Level 9
It's what I plan to do, but I'm waiting to have a little more model to fix. Besides, I don't know much people on the Hive, and I doubt that a simple request in the forum do the job... Do you know someone able to do that?

Level 14
Even if you aren't able to submit all of these into the model section I know a lot of people would be happy if you were at least willing to post them here. But it is probably for the best that you get them all to where you want them first. Good luck mate! These are looking really great!

Status
Not open for further replies.