• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for Project Members: The Scourging of Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello, I'm Silverfish423 and I have been working on a project of mine for awhile called The Scourging of Azeroth. It is a conquest style game that takes place after the events of The Frozen Throne campaign. It is based upon WoW lore, Warcraft lore, and my own personal twists. Below is some information concerning the project:

Project Title: The Scourging of Azeroth
Creator: Silverfish423
Style: Conquest
Map Size: 4.16 MB
Map Dimensions: Epic (256x256)
Number of Players: 12
Summary: You are one of 17 available factions within the World of Azeroth whose goal is to dominate the Azerothian landscape. Alliances can change, as can races, as the quest to be the supreme leader rages on. Classic factions, such as the Burning Legion and Naga, will appear in this game. However, new factions, such as the Silithid Armies, led by C'thun, will make themselves known. Who will win?

Factions/Heroes:
- The Silver Hand: Lord Reveles
- The Forsaken: Dark Lady Sylvanas, Varimathras, Apothecary Faranell
- The Naga: Queen Azshara, Illidan
- The Orcish Horde: Warchief Thrall, Vol'jin
- The Tauren:Cairne Bloodhoof
- The Night Elves: Archdruid Malfurion, Priestess Tyrande
- The Scourge: The Lich King, Kel'thuzad
- The Scourge: Anub'arak
- The Burning Legion: Burning Avatar of Sargeras, Doom Lord Kazzak
- The Burning Legion: Pit Lord Azgalor
- The Twilight Dragonflight*: Deathwing
- The Infinite Dragonflight*: Nozdormu
- The Silithid*: Old God C'thun, Twin Emperors Vek'lor and Vek'nilash
- Stormwind*: King Varian Wyrnn, Bolvar Fordragon
- Ironforge*: King Magni Bronzebeard, Gelbin Mekkatorque
- The Gurubashi Empire*: Blood God Hakkar, Jammal'an, Jin'do
- The Fire Elemental Armies*: Firelord Ragnaros, Majordomo Executus, Dagran Thaurissan
*Pink and Dark Green each get to choose one of these

I have worked on a large part of the map, including the terrain, most of the units, some triggers, etc. However, this is a very hard project to compelte by myself, plus, I would like additional project members who could include their own creative input. I want this to be a map that is very fun and has a high replay value. In addition, I am busy with school work and sports, so if I had additional project members to help keep the project going, that would be great.

If you are interested, have any comments or questions, would like to learn more about it, etc, leave a post or send a PM. If you are interested and would like to see the progress of the map and the direction it is going, send me a PM or message as well.

Thanks! :thumbs_up:

Current Project Members:

Creator/Designer: Silverfish423
Spells: Aslit, f0rsAk3n
Triggers: Etzer, Grygon
Modelers:
Testers/Lore: Miss_Foxy
2D Artist:
Advertiser:
Other Jobs:

Picture Descriptions:

First Pic: Silver Hand Starting Point
Second Pic: Forsaken Starting Point
Third Pic: Naga Starting Point
Fourth Pic: Night Elf Starting Point
Fifth Pic: Tauren Starting Point
Sixth Pic: Orc Starting Point
Seventh Pic: Scourge Starting Point
Eighth Pic: Scourge Starting Point

Sorry, I cannot work on getting the pics or map updated on school days (mon-fri). So I will (personally) work on it more over the weekend. However, if you are a member of the Project Group, or would like to be, please contact me.

Attachments

• Silver Hand.jpg
    Silver Hand.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Forsaken.jpg
    Forsaken.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Naga.jpg
    Naga.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Night Elf.jpg
    Night Elf.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Tauren.jpg
    Tauren.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Orcs.jpg
    Orcs.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 143
  • Scourge Lich King.jpg
    Scourge Lich King.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Scourge Nerubian.jpg
    Scourge Nerubian.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Level 11
i have made all of the terrain basically, but you could improve on it or add your own little touches or whatever. and if you could do triggers, that would be great!
so, if you would like to do that, then tell me and you will be part of the team. once ur on the team, ill send u the map and we can start working on the map.

Level 13
I'll just have to know which kind of triggers it is... Basic hero chooser trigger? Well i am on if it is NOT JASS!!!

Level 11
@Etzer: Most of the triggers will involve making units do certain tasks (that are computer controlled) and different stuff like that. As the map progresses, I will find other stuff that needs to be triggered. If you want, I could post the map on Pastebin so you can take a look at it. Also, I would have a list of triggers that would need to be done.

@Aslit: That would be great. So far, I have only been doing spells that are modified by the Warcraft 3 Editor (the basic stuff), but if I could get someone to do more complex spells, that would be great! I will do the same thing with you, I will post the map on Pastebin this weekend and let you take a look at it, along with just some ideas for spells and such.

And to both of you, after you guys take a look at the map, you can tell me if you wish to be committed to this project. Thanks to both of your responses.

Level 11
thatd be interesting.....that could work out for the Lich King (as an alternative to the normal AOE raise dead ability)
I need abilities for like the important heroes, such as the Lich King, Avatar of Sargeras, C'thun, Thrall, etc. After I post the map for you, we can come up with some ideas maybe??

Level 11
Aslit, another spell I need is a spell for a unit used by the Burning Legion. Basically it needs to be able to create a portal in one of several locations (you have to choose) and after it chooses, it goes away. This would also be a trigger, I assume, so Etzer could work on that as well.
I will give you both a more detailed description once I pastebin the map. It is hard to explain without you two having the map at your disposal.

Last edited:
Level 11
@aslit/etzer: what days/time this weekend can you get onto thehive chat or wc3? that way we can discuss the map. in addition, what time zones are you 2 from?

Level 11
damn...hmm...u guys are several hours ahead of me (like 8 or something). I am in the Pacific US time zone. How about this, I am going to make a youtube account that will have videos on it about the map. We can also communicate that way. Do you guys have youtube/account?

Level 11
ok, i will look you up in a bit. I am currently uploading the first video (it will be in 2 parts, since it is 13 minutes long). It just goes over the starting points, the map, and some basic stuff. The video is basically just to help you guys get familiar with the map, as well as help to promote the map once it is finished.

EDIT: Nevermind, the video turned out to be longer than 10 minutes, so it got screwed up and youtube wouldn't accept it. I am going to redo the video. I think I can improve upon the video as well.

Last edited:
Level 11
i think i will just make the new video tomorrow, since the original video got deleted cuz it was longer than 10 minutes. look up SoASilverfish channel. That will be the channel for me/the project.
In addition, I was thinking that I will get on tomorrow sometime around 7-8, that way it will be within ur guys' timeframe (after 3). so, stay signed onto thehive chat after 3 (ur times) and i will be on, then we can discuss the map.
Also, tonight, I am going to try and get a lot done (like balancing the heroes, etc) so we have an ample amount to work on tomorrow (a lot is already done, but i think the heroes especially should be balanced/fixed before we start). So I will be working on that tonight.

Level 19
This map looks pretty good, I would want to help it out too... Is there any roles for erm, testers and such easy stuff?

Level 11
There is always room for testers and easy stuff :D
If you want, you could help with testing, balancing, etc. There are 17 different races in this game, so 3 people testing all of those would be different.
So, basically, the answer is yes, there are roles for testers and easy stuff :D
What timezone are you in? I am getting on tomorrow at 7-8 oclock (Pacific US). So, if you caluclate what time that is for your timezone, you can meet me and the other 2 on thehive chat to work on the map

Level 11
i dont have the video ready right now, remember? I am hoping to get that done tomorrow. the video wouldnt upload cuz it was too long. in addition, i wanted to change some things with it. so, i am gonna redo it tomorrow while we all discuss stuff. can you guys go to thehive chat? i wanna talk bout some stuff real quick before i go to bed (ima be waking up in 6-7 hours so we can start workin on the map and discuss more stuff)

Level 11
Ok, now I am going to start uploading pictures of the different factions' starting points. I just uploaded the Silver Hand's starting point. Hopefully, by the end of the today, I will have the Forsaken and Naga starting points completed/uploaded.
For about 14/17 of the starting points, the terrain and units are completed, I just need to do buildings/cosmetic stuff.

Level 11
Make my own. I have one approved model in the model section!

Really? Aaawweessoommee!! That is fantastic! I need some custom building models, cuz I do not wanna use generic warcraft 3 ones, plus for all the races, there arent enough. Do you think you could learn simple animations for your buildings soon though? like particles, a door opening, etc?
It would be ppeerrffeecctt if you could :thumbs_up:
Oh, by the way, your on the team

Level 11
@Goolygot: Awesome then! :D
I got some buildings that need to be made, if you wanna get started. They would need to be based off of two of HappyTauren's models, which are linked below:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/chaoscitadel-95534/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=HappyTauren
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/demon-tower-95160/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=HappyTauren
The first one is gonna be the barracks, the second is gonna be a tower. However, I still need the 3 primary buildings, a farm, a lumber mill, and a magic building. These buildings would be used for the Deathwing/Twilight Dragonflight race, so they need to be based on a draconic/fire theme. Here are two links of stuff that could help you:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing
http://www.wowwiki.com/Black_Dragonflight
Finally, I would prefer the models to be no more than 100-150MB.
If you have any questions, just post a reply or send me a PM

P.S. That ramp you made is pretty sweet, ima give you rep for it, hehe

Level 11
Hey guys, if anyone wants to work on something, please let me know. Here are some suggestions:

@Aslit I could have you work on some more spells for heroes like the Lich King and Sargeras
@Etzer I have a trigger that needs to be done badly, I could give you more details via private message
@Miss_Foxy You could test out the map and see if there is anything wrong with it (I could tell you the races that need to be tested)
@Goolygot If you get start working on those models, that would be great. I sent you a PM about the magic building

Thanks for all your guys' help.
If you are interested in this project, leave a post and I will discuss with you about how you can contribute. Thanks!

Level 11
@aslit ok, sweet, ima check out the map. does this map have the updated royal seal spell as well?
@etzer ok, ima send u a message bout it now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.