• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for people to start an ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello
Im looking for a team to start a new ORPG

Introduction:
This ORPG will take place on a big island. The players will be playing as humans who got there when their ships crashed in a storm and then have to live on the island.
(Better story will come)

Whats new in this map is that the game will change, whenever you complete one of the main quests.
For example if you complete a quest where you have to assault a base, the quest giver and some other NPCs will move to the location and a new town will be build offering new quests, vendors etc.

What i currently need:

A second Terrainer - Trolman

Three trigger experts (This is both map triggers and spells) - I want custom Dodge, Crit, Spellpower, Haste System for all Units.

A Story writer

Three Idea makers - f0rsAk3n - Static - TheHunt_errr - (Grey Nightmare)

And someone who could fix my gramma would be nice too :thumbs_up:

I will do Terrain, ideas and probally most of the quests.

To prove yourself you must show what you're able too do.
PM me or just post here if you want more information.

But i wont reveal too much since i dont want everyone to know everything in this rpg when its released.
This does also count if you are a team member! Dont tell people who arent a member of the team about the map :thumbs_up:
The only information i want to be revealed will be posted here

Some few screenshots in the terrain thread

Last edited:
Level 8
White-Lion starts ORPG :D

Hey, White-Lion!

My Help is sure for you, Tests/Ideas/Questions just ask me ;-)

Good luck with this!

~Nurga

Level 7
Terrain accepted :thumbs_up: You're on the team. That means we are 2 now >.<
Well lets start doing the terrain. I will just send you the map :)
It was good, but i would like more doodads.
Could you do a terrain of a forest too? :p

Btw are you doing any other projects at the momemt?

Level 7
Well i havent thought of the history yet, thats why im recruiting a story writer + idea makers :p
But if you have a good idea let me know :)

I added some screenshots :)

Last edited:
Level 18
Ok i got a story:
The beutiful island of XXXX was home of the night elfs since the creation of the world.They lived in pease with nature and they were the rulers of the island,untill 2 years ago large army of human soldiers came to the island and with the help of their high elven alies they captured the southern NE town of XXXX.Meanwhile to the east a portal build by an unknown force activeted and from thousands of orcs attacked the nearby villages but then suddenly the potal closed and all of the 5 orc clans were left here on the island.After another year a swarm of undead came looking for the humans and H elfs.And now the olnly teretory of the NE remains the estern woods of XXXX.

So the player has to pick his side (NE/H/U/O) and fight over the island!
(and yes i can do a forest)

Level 7
Well you story isnt bad, but i think i need to "corret" something.

This Orpg will only have 1 team - so unfortunantley i can't use the idea about taking over the island.

I will PM you with more details because i dont want the public to know o_O
It's to secret :grin:

Level 7
Well you story didnt suck, but i still needed a lot of work :grin:
Still some good ideas :)
I havbe thought more about the story and some ideas, i will send it to you trolman :)

Level 7
Sure :thumbs_up:
Only the terraion has been started so far. Maybe you could start to do some quest ideas :)
And remember be creative :p
PM them to me.

Level 3
Writing

I'm ready to write a story, I just need some specifics as to the player limit, map size. etc. Unless that doesn't matter.

Level 7
I'm ready to write a story, I just need some specifics as to the player limit, map size. etc. Unless that doesn't matter.

Good :thumbs_up:
Well i dont think map size matter?
As for player limit i'm not sure if it should be 6 or 8

Please PM the story to me when its done.

Level 20
I can write. Anything from history to character backgrounds and anything in between. I could also give ideas and designs for gameplay. I will also give you advice: You will need both a unique idea and advertisers to raise awareness for without community support you"ll get nowhere.

EDIT: @ White-Lion (Below) Of course that's great, thanks! ;)

Last edited:
Level 4
I would like to join aswell.

I'm wanting to do story-writing, if you'd like. I've written a decent amount of stories in the past, usually dealing with fantasy. So, I can build one if you'd like. And yes, I'm one of those grammar nerds that must be spick-n-span on my sentence structure.

Level 15
If you need any models, icons or skins found for your ORPG feel free to call me. (I'm also doing an ORPG, but it's at a temporary stalemate)
Oh and don't forget to use JassNewGen (with 16 tiles and 480x480 map)

Status
Not open for further replies.