• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for 2 player co-op maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I play online with my buddy we like to play 2 player maps and slowly master them our fave 2 are x-hero siege and element TD but there's not many 2 player co-op games. Generally, don't play RPGs as the save system is frustrating for him due to his dyslexia he always gets the characters wrong. Wish they added bank support for reforged :(. Hero defense are definetly our fave catagory and we play a lot of them on starcraft 2 like night special forces but cannot find anything like that on WC3. Theres a special forces but its not great and made for a max room.

Before you ask why we dont play with others its because my brother isnt the greatest and picks up maps very slow and we like to learn together and randoms just go on ahead.

Level 1
They are not updated for reforged. The first map on undead starts you with no units. Plus then there's the whole saving and loading again. Thanks for the td suggestion I'll give it a go

Level 23
They are not updated for reforged. The first map on undead starts you with no units. Plus then there's the whole saving and loading again. Thanks for the td suggestion I'll give it a go
The map at the top of the list Ralle linked is specifically for Reforged.
2 Player Campaign - Reforged
No-one has reported any issues with them, and there are even playthroughs on youtube for the Reforged version, so it should be working.
The save/load thing was fixed for the Reforged version--- it now autosaves the code into your: Documents/Warcraft III/custom map data folder, so you just copy and paste it. No need to remember any long save code.

Level 1
The map at the top of the list Ralle linked is specifically for Reforged.
2 Player Campaign - Reforged
No-one has reported any issues with them, and there are even playthroughs on youtube for the Reforged version, so it should be working.
The save/load thing was fixed for the Reforged version--- it now autosaves the code into your: Documents/Warcraft III/custom map data folder, so you just copy and paste it. No need to remember any long save code.

Thanks Didnt notice the reforged versions tried the classic ones in reforged and thats where the issues steemed from. Thanks for pointing out. Also nice it saves the codes that saves a lot of time.

Level 1
I've actually been working on a map for the sole purpose of playing with my brother. It's a roguelike / dungeon crawl with infinite restarts, randomization and lots of hero building. It can go up to 4 players but 2 seems to be ideal. I'm also still adding to it.

[Role Playing Game] - Ulfsire's Roguelike

Thanks for this, I have tried it 2 players but cannot get past round 2 as run out of health and as most enemies dont drop coins i cant buy potions. Is there something i'm missing?? Can you port back to the base at any time? Wouldnt it be better when you die to keep your gold and hero and just go back to level 1 to grind it out till you can finish the game?

Level 6
Thanks for this, I have tried it 2 players but cannot get past round 2 as run out of health and as most enemies dont drop coins i cant buy potions. Is there something i'm missing?? Can you port back to the base at any time? Wouldnt it be better when you die to keep your gold and hero and just go back to level 1 to grind it out till you can finish the game?

You're not missing anything, the challenge is definitely intentional haha. Might be more frantic than what you're looking for. The Undead race always heals close to full at the end of every level.

From my experience looking for good 2 player maps to play with my brother:

I found this to be fun Abandon Hope! v2.6

And this Skamigo's Hero Defense 2.58 is a pretty great hero defense, but there might be a newer version on epicwar - not sure if this one works with current patch.

This is another great map that I think is actively updated Orc Gladiators: Revenge 1.48b - you've probably played it

Status
Not open for further replies.