• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Longest Time Awake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I like to stay up one night and sleep the other on a more or less regular basis. I find that to help my creativity.

I think the longest span without sleep was last years at a music festival. I can't remember sleeping any of the festival days (four of them), but I slept a good long while the night before and the night after. So yeah, that makes roughly 96 hours. I might've passed out for an hour without remembering it, now and then.

Otherwise, the longest I'm certain of was a weekend, starting at 10AM Friday (because I like to wake up around that time) and ended 5AM Sunday (according to the last picture of me awake on the camera) - 43 hours. I got home around 7AM on Saturday (I know because the local grocery store opened as I came around the corner, and I bought some breakfast), didn't feel like sleeping, so I had some food, a shower and a pretty much easy-going day, and then went out partying again Saturday night, finally ending up passed out on a very uncomfortable couch around 5AM, in the middle of the after party, with some awesome corpse-paint all over my face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
@ShiiK (Off-topic) I never understood how one can randomly pass out like that. Worst case scenario for me is I simply vomit, and realize that I had too much. Then I stay wherever I am for a while and later go to bed.

This reminds me of a moment of which I for some reason am very proud of. I had had way too much to drink and had to go round the corner for some privacy, so to speak. I was really ill. Suddenly someone told me that the last train was leaving very soon and if I didn't catch it I had to stay outdoors (in the winter cold and the middle of nowhere) for ten hours. 20 minute walk and the train leaves in half of that. So what do you do? I threw up once more, and ran for it. Caught the train and held myself together for 30 minutes, rushed out of the train - and threw up as fast as I reached my station. Also, I lost my girlfriend that night, which is rather amusing.

Anyway, I think the longest I have been awake was for 2-3 days. Unfortunately there is no humorous tale about that.

Hm, I wonder what the world record could be?

Level 17
The longest I've ever stayed awake for is a week.
It was the most unhealthy period of my life, and I do not intend to do such a thing again.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

A full week, Stevie? That sounds like a lot.

@ShiiK (Off-topic) I never understood how one can randomly pass out like that. Worst case scenario for me is I simply vomit, and realize that I had too much. Then I stay wherever I am for a while and later go to bed.
Lack of sleep, I guess. I don't usually vomit, and I'm quite controlled on the amounts I drink, so I didn't really have too much (as far as I recall, anyway). You just get tired and decide to sleep, you sleep a bit and then you wake up, because there's a bunch of stuff going on anyway. And if it was daytime, it was pretty damn hot, so lack of water would wake you up as well.

This reminds me of a moment of which I for some reason am very proud of. I had had way too much to drink and had to go round the corner for some privacy, so to speak. I was really ill. Suddenly someone told me that the last train was leaving very soon and if I didn't catch it I had to stay outdoors (in the winter cold and the middle of nowhere) for ten hours. 20 minute walk and the train leaves in half of that. So what do you do? I threw up once more, and ran for it. Caught the train and held myself together for 30 minutes, rushed out of the train - and threw up as fast as I reached my station. Also, I lost my girlfriend that night, which is rather amusing.
First of, where do you live? I mean, cold winter's night. I've lived through those. Then again, there's a 30 minute walk from anything down town to my place, so I can always pull myself together and walk. We also have open sub-way stations and train stations (we have night trains, for Christ's sake), so it's possible to get some shelter. Why did the party end that early, anyway? When the tram and bus stops for the night 'round here, that's just before the real party begins. Later, it's the after party. Then the tram and bus is usually back up, for it is morning.

Anyway, besides that, I don't understand why you find it amusing you broke up, unless she was a bitch, that is.

Level 30
+- 5 days
I used a lot of speed. I broke down after that.
I also got stabbed with a knife that week and I didn't go to the doctor with it.
Now I have a huge scar on the side of my chest (the knife didn't really harm me that much). I stayed at a friend's house with some awesome people and we went on and on and on. My parents had called the cops because they didn't know where I was and I didn't answer the phone because I had blowed and drunk too much. They found me after my friend dropped me of at the hospital when I fainted and my body started to contract the whole time. I said I had been mugged, kidnapped, drugged and abused. When the cops came, I said I didn't know who did it and I stayed in the bed for 2 weeks. I actually made the newspaper.

Lol I'm just kidding.
2 days and a half after a party and a COD4 marathon.

Level 11
+- 5 days
I used a lot of speed. I broke down after that.
I also got stabbed with a knife that week and I didn't go to the doctor with it.
Now I have a huge scar on the side of my chest (the knife didn't really harm me that much). I stayed at a friend's house with some awesome people and we went on and on and on. My parents had called the cops because they didn't know where I was and I didn't answer the phone because I had blowed and drunk too much. They found me after my friend dropped me of at the hospital when I fainted and my body started to contract the whole time. I said I had been mugged, kidnapped, drugged and abused. When the cops came, I said I didn't know who did it and I stayed in the bed for 2 weeks. I actually made the newspaper.

Cool story, bro.

Just kidding. You got me there. Good story though! :)

Level 11
First of, where do you live? I mean, cold winter's night. I've lived through those. Then again, there's a 30 minute walk from anything down town to my place, so I can always pull myself together and walk. We also have open sub-way stations and train stations (we have night trains, for Christ's sake), so it's possible to get some shelter. Why did the party end that early, anyway? When the tram and bus stops for the night 'round here, that's just before the real party begins. Later, it's the after party. Then the tram and bus is usually back up, for it is morning.

Anyway, besides that, I don't understand why you find it amusing you broke up, unless she was a bitch, that is.

I am your neighbor, Sweden. It was last winter when it was like (-20 °C) and I who obviously preferred looking good over being warm would kind of have frozen my butt off. And yes the party ended early, but it began early too. The party was held at a friend's friend's house or something, in the middle of nowhere and we didn't find any after party. Of course I could've walked for 4+ hours to get home but that is something I would not want to when very drunk and cold.

Obviously it wasn't too funny when it happened, but when I look back at it now it is quite amazing how much I failed that night (except for my viking sprint which was badass).

36 hours without sleep and when i get to sleep i sleeped 8 hours

8 hours! I easily sleep for 14 hours any normal night.

Level 18
well it must have been around 22 hours,i got with the gang one night drank a hell of alot till sunrise,totaly trashed myself.I remember it was around 6 in the morning when i was going home crawling,leaning side to side on the road and puking,the people who got up early for their jobs were staring at me like i was some green man but it was fun,sadly it was only one night since some bastart drank most of the booze...my friends blame me and I trusted em,after that I slept for like 5 hours,got up,got a drink and continued with my day ^^

Level 14
I do it regularly, I fall asleep about 1:30-2 and wake up at 5:00 on week days.

lol same! (almost exactly the same actually D:)

Wierd... I've come across a few people that don't/can't sleep much before.
Not sure how you guys are able to function. More than a few days of that I'd be braindead... just some body staring at a wall...

//\\o0//\\

Level 11
I looked up the world record. It appears to be a bit unclear who has it, but a well documented and reliable attempt is by Randy Gardner and he was awake for 11 days (264 hours). Some, of course, claim they have been awake for a longer time than that.

Rather fun to see what the effects were below.
John J. Ross, who monitored Randy Gardner's health, reported serious cognitive and behavioral changes. These included moodiness, problems with concentration and short term memory, paranoia, and hallucinations. On the fourth day he had a delusion that he was Paul Lowe winning the Rose Bowl, and that a street sign was a person. On the eleventh day, when he was asked to subtract seven repeatedly, starting with 100, he stopped at 65. When asked why he had stopped, he replied that he had forgotten what he was doing.

However, on his final day, Gardner presided over a press conference where he spoke without slurring or stumbling his words and in general appeared to be in excellent health. "I wanted to prove that bad things didn't happen if you went without sleep" said Gardner.

Seriously,you guys can stay awake for more than one day?I cant stay awake for more than 20 hours.

Sure you can. I suggest you start playing WoW. :p

Anyway, why not? You can't sleep if something big is going on in your life, like someone from family died, or your house burned down... You just can't sleep in times like that no matter how much you try to.

Sometimes I go to bed and I start thinking, just thinking about random things, and I won't fell asleep... Then the next day you feel like a zombie XD

Status
Not open for further replies.