• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Longest Time Awake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When I was younger, I had a lot of nightmares. I don't remember anything happening. All I remember is seeing a haze of grey and really desaturated blue and brown-red-ish tints as if they were horizontally smeared over my eyesight. I don't remember what made it so horrible, really. Frankly I don't want to know either but I had those dreams for a long time paired with sleepwalking. One time my parents found me in the hall, crying, holding 2 of my favorite toys as if they were my best friends and they had died (I was sleepwalking). Another time I was crying in my bed and when my parents came in to see what was wrong and my dad tried to comfort me, I started to cry even louder because I was really afraid of him and I don't know why (again, I was sleepwalking). I really don't know what caused those dreams but I think I've been traumatized by something. I don't know what it was but I know it (if anything happened at all) must have happened in a really early stage of my life. I used to stay up as long as I could so I wouldn't have these horrible dreams. That horrible feeling I got when I had them...

I had other nightmares too, later in my life, that were paired with sleepwalking. None of those nightmares made sense at all. (One time I only saw darkness (background) and like the pointers of an old-fashion clock and every time the long pointer passed the short one in my dream, I contracted all of my muscles in real life. It was awful and I don't know what caused it.
Thinking about those experiences makes me really anxious, so I'm going to stop now. I still have a lot of nightmares, but they're usually less abstract and it's not paired with sleepwalking anymore. Though, I remember that a lot of the sleepwalking later in my life found place in my grandma's house.

Anyways, what I was going to say is that, even though it's horrible what you're going through, obviously, at least you know why you have those dreams because they have elements in them which relate to your past. Most of my dreams are just abstract and really frightning even though I have no idea why they're so scary.

Some one should seriously post a thread asking people to describe their dreams. I would read that.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Status
Not open for further replies.