• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Long time map creator Looking for a team to join

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, im known on hive as orthane, I held one of the gui, Kass and Vjass advanced spell and coding workshops on hive a long time ago.

I am known for making entire map projects on my own and teaming up with others to improve their spells and coding skills for anything map editor.

Skills:
> Gui
> Jass
> custom script
> Vjass
> balancing and animation balancing for models for smooth movements
> unique and advanced spell creation if you can think it I can make it happen
> terrain and advanced terrain (such as making spell induced or code dependant destructible environments such as wild fires spreading among trees and such
> tool tip and coding system creator, I have never once used someone else's creation I know how to do the dirty work.

I have returned and lost access to all my old creations, and I have no way to improve them because they are map protected. I am looking to make some new memories for people and along the way train people how to productively use map editor.

I am willing to work on multiple projects so long as you have discord to speak with me.

Level 7
Hello Orthane

Do you know Lua and Typescript? (I know you didn't list it, but never hurts to ask).

We are a small team of people who are currently developing an extremely ambitious project. We are around 1 year in development. Screenshots can be found here: Classic Terrain Showcase

I can not provide you with LUA.

However typescript is very simular to Javascript. I know Javascript, so typescript wouldn't be hard to pick up on after a few look up.

I can not provide you with LUA.

However typescript is very simular to Javascript. I know Javascript, so typescript wouldn't be hard to pick up on after a few look up.
Cool!

We are currently 4 people who are working on the campaign.

• I handle level design, aesthetics, environmental effects, map triggers, model editing and animation, texture editing, model ripping and oversee the general operations.
  • One is coding in typescript and is making the UI for our core systems (turn based combat UI, talent tree UI, inventory and character UI, quest log UI and more).
  • One is making the actual combat system logic with turns, spells, calculations and more.
  • The last one is in charge of custom music composition, manuscript writing and assists me in editing models.
What we could need you for would be assistance with the typescript systems, including a transition system in same style as the Founding of Durotar. I can give more information if you find it interesting.

We use Slack to communicate since uploading things and pinning them there is a bit easier than Discord (max 8mb uploads etc).

Level 7
I can deffinently assist you, however I will be adjusting to this typescript, for that task. However you must know everything you listed that your team currently does, so can I. So if your team hits a struggle you could easily ask me about it.

Private message me your slack information.

Other readers*

I am still willing to help additional projects.

Level 23
In my last campaign "Mathias Chronicles", I've had a lot of issues where the effects of custom items just won't work. Can you possibly look at that campaign and see what went wrong in the item data? I'm currently working on the sequel and have no idea how to move foward with this issue.

Level 3
Hello! I am still a beginner in map making/campaign creating. And currently I'm working on my project. My weakness is terraining though I know how to create a map. But I don't know how to make it realistic. I am currently learning the triggers. And I hope at least you could teach me some for my project. I have a discord account.

Level 14
Hello! I am still a beginner in map making/campaign creating. And currently I'm working on my project. My weakness is terraining though I know how to create a map. But I don't know how to make it realistic. I am currently learning the triggers. And I hope at least you could teach me some for my project. I have a discord account.
You are trying to do terrains in reforged?
Doing reforged terrains and non reforged terrains is vastly different due to different styles for the models themselves and if what you are bad at is specifically the realistic style and that outside of that you are good at terraining maybe you could consider mapping for WC3 1.26(which have a more cartoonish aspect)

Level 3
You are trying to do terrains in reforged?
Doing reforged terrains and non reforged terrains is vastly different due to different styles for the models themselves and if what you are bad at is specifically the realistic style and that outside of that you are good at terraining maybe you could consider mapping for WC3 1.26(which have a more cartoonish aspect)
Yeah, don't worry, I'm not terraining at reforged. Because i dont have it. So currently, I'm terraining WC3 1.27.

Status
Not open for further replies.