• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Long Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello everyone, i have started making campaign which has it story based somewhere between maps i already posted in maps section, earthsong II and III. It's story is quite irrelevant at this point, because i am here to look for some experienced puzzle map makers. Since this campaign is going to be made of many many small sized maps, which will be having obstacles of puzzle type. Puzzles along with mazes made of elevators and hidden gates/switches and anything else that can be fun to solve.

If anyone who is interested read this thread, please do not forget to contact me, i guess via comments under or profile messages.

Thanks in advance.

Level 14
I haven't played earthsong, but I'd be glad to help here at what I can, do you plan to use custom models and textures?

I'm not the best at triggering, although I'm very good at it

Yes i use lots of custom models, tiles and sounds. Mainly they come from wow or they are my own edits or creations. At this point i have finished 9 maps those are making first two chapters, last map from chapter two is still missing.
That will be official end of story, but it could be continued in chapter 3, have no ideas for that yet, so we lets stick to first two chapters.

Try playing Zuka's Journey!

That was link to the campaign, once all bugs in second chapter, since i think i fixed everything in first, are fixed, work on last map will start.
Now there are plenty of things missing, but those will be left for later.
On example:
- Blancing sounds (fixing width and height of regions, improving quality of sound - needs more converting, adjusting sounds to fit game story, not to popup calm sounds in fights and fixing jaina's imported sounds ;S)
- Setting up fogs everywhere
- Improving terrain of first chapter
- Forming better approach to Zuka and the story in general.

So however for now, bugs are priority number one. Priority number two is finishing last map. Priority number three is setting up the atmosphere in both chapters.

Here are some screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.