• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locust for a ROC map any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everybody,

i got a question for you guys: how do i set locust on my map?

don't answer me object editor>add ability>locust cause its for a ROC map and not for a TFT one.

If anyone knows, let me know :)

Greetings

Level 11
Not entirely true. You can still have a unit with no model file, a .01 scaling and selection circle, no shadow, etc, and if you make the unit a building and hide its minimap icon it will be virtually non-existent.

Level 4
Isn't there another way to make any type of unit unclickable? Meticulous you make a good point cause i've already seen and played maps on ROC with locust.
e.g. into the wild XL

Level 11
There's a GUI function to clear selection but it has a noticeable delay. I think you can instantly deselect a unit via JASS. Very unfamiliar with RoC editor now, though.

Level 4
Actually i don't know either cause Meticulous just posted a thread telling me to do so but I don't understand...I just underline the fact that its suppose to be a map for ROC and I tried Smiddle idead but after when i launch my map for test it ask me Expantion required...kinda sad that ROC can't read all functions like TFT...

Level 8
Not entirely true. You can still have a unit with no model file, a .01 scaling and selection circle, no shadow, etc, and if you make the unit a building and hide its minimap icon it will be virtually non-existent.

Go to the unit's "Model file" field, click "custom", and enter nothing but ".mdl".
Then go to the "Scaling value" and "Selection scale" fields and enter "0.01" into both of them.
After that, go to "Shadow image (unit)" and change "normal" to "none".

There is also some more things, like changing death type to "can't raise, does not decay", speed base to 0, movement type to flying, food cost 0, cast backswing and cast point to 0, and that's all I can remember for now.

Level 4
If I type only ".mdl" in model file>custom it says "could not load file: .mdl"

In the "Scaling value" and "Selection scale" fields I can't enter less then 0.10

"Shadow image (unit)" is ok!

By changing those 4 settings will make my units unclickable?

Level 8
1. It's supposed to do that.
2. Oh, then set it to 0,1.
3. Good.
4. I think so... it can still be damaged, but you fix that by adding "Invulnerable (Neutral)" as an ability to the unit, or by using the trigger "Make unit invulnerable". I'm not sure if those are in RoC, though... the only way to find out is to test the map. :eek:

Level 4
Can't change that neither! -.-' I feel stuck and I know that is possible since I played a map with locust on ROC but really annoying to found the way. And the map i played is a protected one so I can't even manage to find out how it works!

Level 4
I already have TFT man...the only thing is that i need to know locust for a ROC map...on TFT its easy but i can't figure out on ROC...and the map i'm making is a maze map and on TFT most of the custom games are based on DOTA and not many people host maze maps..if someone knows the way and can explain me how to do it step by step it would kind and appreciated...thx!

Level 8
Buy TFT
its cheaper than socks

Not entirely true. :wink:

I already have TFT man...the only thing is that i need to know locust for a ROC map...on TFT its easy but i can't figure out on ROC...and the map i'm making is a maze map and on TFT most of the custom games are based on DOTA and not many people host maze maps..if someone knows the way and can explain me how to do it step by step it would kind and appreciated...thx!

Most people don't play on ROC anymore. My suggestion is you make a kick-ass TFT maze map.

Level 4
I don't know could you just describe it for me? I just want to underline that I use TFT world editor to make my ROC map but for ROC i can't change some fields or my map will be only for TFT...:S

Level 19
Anyway... who the hell gave you the idea that you can use locust on a RoC map
Im sure its not possible

For invulnurable + unselectable
I think that selection thing depends on model
no no Im sure it depends on model
Lol it wont be selectable if you dont give model anyway
if you want model (just found this solution) use a dummy model with 1 attachment point and has no vertex' and attach a model as special effect to it
It will work I assume
you cant select or rightclick on it

Level 4
Ok i just attached a map with locust on ROC just check it...it is possible to use locust in ROC and this map gonna prove it...its protected so don't try to open it cause it will give you fatal error...i don't want to deprotect this map cause i wanna try it on my own or get helped by people...or it would be to easy...and i respect all map creators cause i know its not easy to make a good map and it requires lot of patience and time...

Attachments

• INTO THE WILD LX FINAL.w3m
    493.6 KB · Views: 47
Level 9
The disease cloud (Plague Ward) is an Undead Special unit spawned when a unit possessing Disease Cloud ability dies (Abomination) or hits the ground (Meat Wagon).
So, using the Disease Cloud as a custom unit has to help (since it behaves like a locust and is unable to select/damage).
Disease Cloud is located on the Undead race units, in the Special categorization.

Level 11
I'm pretty sure Disease Cloud is TFT exclusive as well. That or nobody used it in RoC melee matches (of course, they don't use it in TFT matches either...)

Level 4
Which are all the fields then i'm suppose to change? and am i suppose to change those settings for all of the different type of units that i'm using on my map?

Status
Not open for further replies.