• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is their any way i can add the Ability - Locust to a unit, without using the object editor, so that i can make it jass and it will work for roc?

Any way?

ChrisLee~

Level 2
Then, is their a way to make the units, where u cant click on them.

What i mean is like, when u put ut mouse over their head... they wont be clickable.

Any way?

ChrisLee~

Level 2
can somebody please help, im pretty sure their is a trigger for what im asking, but i need help finding it. and im not that good with editor.

Level 11
Thing is that you won't find locust in GUI menu. You can do it strictly by calling it in JASS using the function:

JASS:
native UnitAddAbility takes unit whichUnit,integer abilityId returns boolean

The ability has the rawcode 'Aloc'. How you detect the unit depends on the GUI code. And yet another time, GUI proves to be inferior to JASS.

-Daelin

Level 2
Daelin, do u think if i sent u my map, u could add that to it? cause that totally confuses me.

Just give me your email address, if you do, i will put a special thanks to you in my map.

Please and Thanks,
ChrisLee~

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Look it up, onder one of the options should be an option to allow you to turn on display raw data, this shows it on the left bar with all the ability names.

Also since your too lazy to read what Daelin posted, he mentioned that it was Aloc so you must insert 'Aloc' there.

I recomend you practice more with jass before trying to make a TFT map into a ROC map, if you know triggers better, you will find it easier.

Level 2
ok, i usually just convert the trigger to jass, i have no clue what the trigger...

native UnitAddAbility takes unit whichUnit,integer abilityId returns boolean

is at all... please if u or somebody who is smarter with this please just put this in my map, i can learn a lot easier.. i can send u the map via email, just need your email address.

Please and Thanks,
ChrisLee~

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
JASS:
call UnitAddAbility(u,'Aloc')

That will add the locust spell to a unit which is stored in local u

so you need to define a local

JASS:
local unit u

All you need to do is set u = what ever unit you want and then your done.
Why should we need to do it for you? We give you help, but you have to atleast try to do it your self. . .

NOTE - The local has to be defined at the start of the function.
Then set it then call the action to add the spell or it will not work.

Hope you now understand. . .

Level 2
ok.... i got this..

function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_002_Copy_4_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'Aloc', GroupPickRandomUnit(GetUnitsOfTypeIdAll('edot')) )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_002_Copy_4 takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002_Copy_4 = CreateTrigger( )
call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002_Copy_4, 0.01 )
call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002_Copy_4, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_002_Copy_4_Actions )
endfunction

When i press test it works, but when i go on roc, it dosnt work, but the map is fully functional for roc... why does it not show?

Is there a way to change this trigger, so that it will work for roc?

Last edited:
Level 2
but, is their like a trigger, to remove clicking (i.e if u right click and enemy u follow him) on an enemy unit...

Level 2
ok dude, quit raggin' on roc, i play ROC cause everyone who plays MAZE's Plays ROC and thats mostly what i play, and Melee Roc > TFT melee, tft is mass units roc is micro. ok thats all i got to say.... thanks for your help btw.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
LOL pop limate is the same you fool.
Infact it is the oposit, TFT = less units more micro, ROC = more units, less micro.
And you want to see micro potential? play tft.
And the reason why all maze players play ROC is because thats all ROC can do, all advanced triggers like you want and abilites are TFT and I mean TFT not "Can be used in ROC".

And players who play ROC are foolish since they are missing all the funs of TFT since with TFT you get ROC maps + TFT available for you.

Trust me, it is not worth the effort for you to make your map ROC usuable but keep it TFT quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.