• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading screen is "tl;cr" (too long, cant read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
See attachment (low quality to save space, but gets the point across).

Attachments

• loading screen bug.jpg
    loading screen bug.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 155
Level 10
I'm able to read all of the loading screen just fine. pic here

The only thing I could think of that might not allow you to see this is perhaps your screen resolution size? I play wc3 at 1280x720x32. I don't see why it would effect the loading screen, but that's the only thing I could think of.

Level 5
Yeah that picture is way bigger than my screen.

When I design my loading screens I always switch to the lowest screen resolution possible to make sure all my text is readable.

Level 5
You should delete the loading screen if you think it is not read by anyone.

I tested it with the most common resolution: 1024*768

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
You should delete the loading screen if you think it is not read by anyone.

I tested it with the most common resolution: 1024*768
Errr ... no offense, but this was a common resolution 10 years ago. o_O
Every cellphone has more screen resolution nowadays...

Well ... I will change the loading screen text soon anyways, so thanks for reporting it.

Level 5
Thanks.

It is still a common resolution today. According to the first result for google: most common screen resolutions 2011 14% still use 1024*768 (w3schools usage statistics), of which 8% are avid gamers (Steam hardware survey).

~10% is common enough. (Even SC2 supports 1024*768 display resolution.)

Mobile phones with 800×480 are just now becoming common. There is no way a 1024*768 screen can be called mobile. (Save tablets, except those are not phones, but computers.)

I do use a 1600*900 external display (my laptop), but my main screen is strictly 1024*768. This gives me a total of 2624*1668 screen size to work with.

Level 3
Do you work at marketing? =D

You made like market analysis, to tell what resolutions should game support, so that not only majority but also minority can play it too?

Level 5
Well, my personality type can be "The analytical thinker" sometimes...
But I am not into marketing. I study programming at university.
And one of my most hated subjects is numerical analysis. So there's a nice contradiction for you.
Google 'analytical thinker' said:
Analytical Thinkers are reserved, quiet persons. They like to get to the bottom of things - curiosity is one of their strongest motives. They want to know what holds the world together deep down inside. They do not really need much more to be happy because they are modest persons. Many mathematicians, philosophers and scientists belong to this type. Analytical Thinkers loathe contradictions and illogicalness; with their sharp intellect, they quickly and comprehensively grasp patterns, principles and structures...

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Do you work at marketing? =D

You made like market analysis, to tell what resolutions should game support, so that not only majority but also minority can play it too?
So you want to tell me that you can't play Gaias Retaliation because some words of the loading screen are cut off? o_O'

Level 6
Well, when you start out new and don't have max resolutions, it's kind of a pain.

I only figured it out when I came here and looked up the answer. Many people wouldn't go that far.

Level 5
So you want to tell me that you can't play Gaias Retaliation because some words of the loading screen are cut off?
Well the cut off part contained information on what settings to use in order to be able to see lights properly. (Though no explanation is given as to why.)

p.s.: Disregard my previous post, I misunderstood you. (I already deleted that post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.