• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Quality loading screen IrFanView

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi,i did a low quality laoding screen via this tutorialhttp://www.thehelper.net/threads/how-to-make-a-loading-screen.29652/
And now I want to make a high quality.
I followed the tutorial but how do I crop the image and save only this part of the image please?
Example : I open my image on IrFanView,click on "edit" then "create custom crop selection" but how do I only register this part?

Level 4
It is not create custom selection you click, you click in crop selection (CTRL + Y), and make all ways, but i did this, all ways (Import each 4 files, and edit custom path) and when i got on WE to test the loading screen still black, if your map loading screen works, tell me what you did!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
The tutorial says " you need to crop the image intro 4 parts: top left (512x512), top right (512x512), bottom left (512x256), bottom right (512x256). In order to do this, you need to play with selection. Start by making a rectangle somewhere at the middle (you can move it later) and, by checking the window title, make sure its size is 512x512 (512x512 for the 2 top images, 512x256 for bottom). Once you do so, right click on the selection you just made and drag it to the top left corner so that the title shows something like "<filename> - IrfanView (Selection: 0, 0; 512 x 512; 1.000)" (as you can see 0, 0 is important here) - picture 3. Now go to Edit -> Crop selection and save the file as TGA. This is the first out of four parts so lets continue - open the main picture again and do the same thing 3 more times with proper sizes and positions ("0, 0" for the top left, "512, 0" for top right, "0, 512" for bottom left and "512, 512" for bottom right). Take note that one pixel less/more than it should might result in your whole loading screen not showing so be careful"
It means that I have to crop my image in 4 parts,but when I crop the image I still see the full image with my crop selection. if i register I register the full image and this is useless beacause i need only 1/4 of the image. So how to crop a part of the image a delete the other 3/4.
Hope that is better said like this.

Level 28
You just drag the selection using your mouse (with a pressed left mouse button) and select "Crop to selection" from the edit menu.
Alternatively, you can also use gimp and save to .tga which gives you a whole lot of features to further improve your loading screen, such as sharpening and overlayered effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.