• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Little hint on the WoW Alliance Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I read in an interview something about Outland being used as a newbie area, which got blizzard interested in how they could utilize this. They claimed that this race (which they tried to keep quite about) was highly suitable to the area. And that Warcraft followers would be able to reckonise.

IMO, this sounds like the Draenai. This is just a guess, but i cant think of anything else that could use Outland as a homeland.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
I think Draenai will be the race anyway. I don't have any knowledge of wc3 lore, but being in the campaigns for wc3 as a civilized race gives good reason for them becoming the new alliance race. Please take note that my opinion may be very invalid because of my lack of information.

Level 22
Outland will be closed at the start of the expansion and therefore cannot be used as a starting zone

The drenai have already made it through the Dark Portal into azeroth, so they COULD have a valid starting position in that world. Remember the swamp where the sunken temple is? But I dont think it will be drenai, because they were more allied with Kael. Ack, nevermind, all previous alliances have been shuffled anyway, thats why I don't recognize Mecheon's arguements about "such and such race is neutral". Like it matters anymore.

If Blizz already announced that it wont be Pandarans (who are going to have to make an appearance sometime, since they are the only race that has not made an appearance in WoW yet), it would be easiest for them to implement...goblins. Why? Look at their models. They already have a male and female varient who's model structure supports the art for them wearing all armor avaiable in the game like all the other selectable races. And I don't want to hear "but they're neutral!". Again, like it matters. According to Warcraft lore, both the Forsaken and Blood elves are supposed to be non-aligned, but they're with the horde anyway. Heck, the same arguement could also work with the Night Elves, since they had little to nothing to invlove themselves with Alliance affairs after the defeat of Archimonde, minus trespassing into undead-controlled Lordaeron during their persuit of Illidan. That means lore wont get in the way of the goblins allying with a specific faction, either. (remember, ratchet/booty bay/everlook are opperated by a specific cartel, not their race as a whole. The goblin race doesnt have to remain neutral)
-VGsatomi

Level 3
Vg, you have just won cool points into my book, but the Alliance are distustant of the Goblins according to Warcraft lore, seeing how they have the Gnomes.
Damn Gnomes...

I wish Golbins, I also wish Naga too...

See, I think Draneli is a prospect because in Wc3, it was disclosed that the Orc's were the hated enemies of the Draneli, and Kael helpd them kill them, but seeing how they allied with the orcs, they broke off, That is my theriy, but there are other theroys againt mine, saying that the current blood Elves are not part of the Detrayer sect, and the Draneli of the Alliance were stranded from outland.

Level 25
RabbidWolf said:
IT IS THE DRAENAI NO MATTER WHAT... I mean.. it all adds up. Just accept the fact..

When its not the Draenei do you mind if I laugh at you?

Hard?

Anywho, its not going to be Naga. Anyone can see that. Naga are attacking human cities such as Kul'Tiras. Yeah, as if they'll be the race

Level 1
If you go on the website is says that horde=blood elves and aliance=wisps. I saw this a couple weeks ago so it was announced a while back. :shock:

Level 25
Miror_B said:
If you go on the website is says that horde=blood elves and aliance=wisps. I saw this a couple weeks ago so it was announced a while back. :shock:

Ever hear of April Fools day?

Don't people think on that day or something? I mean, EFFING WISPS? COME ON!

Wisps are an April fools joke. Why am I so hostile about it? BECAUSE IT WAS ANNOUNCED AS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE AS WELL

Level 25
Hey, just found zomgwtf evidence for Furbolgs

Furbolgs will be covered in the Alliance Race guide RPG book unlike most other "monster" races such as Worgen or Draenei, being within the Monster Race guide

Also, THERE'S A FREAKING TROPICAL JUNGLE IN NORTHREND. Courtosy of the Titans

Level 25
Unlike the Pandaren, the Furbolgs are allied to the Alliance

Unlike the Worgen, the Furbolgs are not a savage species of creatures more likely to rip your throat out rather than talk to you

Unlike the Draenei, the Furbolgs have a plentiful area to have a city at, along with plentiful reason, unlike Draenei who technically could not just have an up and running city for no reason on Azeroth

All good reasons I feel

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Excuse me if I make a mistake here Mecheon, but did not the Furbolgs go crazy in the Night Elf campaigns? Additionally, I don't see them being the race simply because it would be an arduous task creating a set of buildings for them. The Draenai already have building styles developed in wc3.

I'm looking at this from a relativity standpoint, not lore.

Level 25
Ki said:
Excuse me if I make a mistake here Mecheon, but did not the Furbolgs go crazy in the Night Elf campaigns?

Didn't the Blood Elves all go to Outland?

Additionally, I don't see them being the race simply because it would be an arduous task creating a set of buildings for them. The Draenai already have building styles developed in wc3.

Furbolgs have building styles as well. There are plenty of Furbolg buildings ingame

I'm looking at this from a relativity standpoint, not lore.

From a truely realitively standpoint, you wouldn't want Draenei because they are ugly and will only be rolled by people wanting to make them dance on the AH bridge to get vengence for months of Nelves doing the same thing

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Didn't the Blood Elves all go to Outland?

I dont know much of the lore. What are you trying to say?

Furbolgs have building styles as well. There are plenty of Furbolg buildings ingame

The buildings don't really fit into the "civil" lifestyle of the Alliance. I can see more possibilities from the Draenei buildings rather than the cruddy log-like structures that the Furbolgs have.

buildings4fd.jpg

Also, would not it be hard for the Furbolgs to communicate to the Alliance?

The Dranaei (besides the Naga and Pandaren) are the only other creep race with a hero.

Since the Dranaei's only real means to ally with the Blood Elves was to fight off the Orcs, their pact would break if the Blood Elves did join the enemy.

And lastly, the Furbolgs don't even use weapons for combat. Regular warriors use their claws and the shaman don't use staffs. I can see the possibility of weapon and armor sets for the body structure of a Dranaei more so than the Furbolgs as they are hunched over in a "uncivilized" (as the Alliance would put it) body structure.[/img]

Level 18
its not the dranei or the furbolg. the character models wouldnt work.

Goblins have good chance however seems illogical with the alliance having three short races and horde having the only large race.

Furbolgs are a no go, a main part of the new alliance race is that it has to be cool.

Now from my view i could whole heartedly see somthing along the lines of a new speices or even half giants, half ogres or somthing along those lines.

BUT why not the Satyr?

Level 11
Mecheon said:
Unlike the Pandaren, the Furbolgs are allied to the Alliance

Not in Wow they aren't. A number of them actually have a loathing of the Night Elves.

Sansui said:
BUT why not the Satyr?

For the love of lore, please tell me that was sarcasm.

And the character models could actually work for Draenei and Furbolgs. They made it work for Tauren after all.

Level 9
Theres a zero chance of there being a lizard race, but then again, the horde got a pretty *cough*pansy*cough* race, so the alliance should get a ugly *cough*cool*cough* race..

heh...

Dranei seem more likely though.

But if its blue orcs, I will have to start smashing some heads....

Level 25
He's Sansui. Just ignore him

Anywho, I fail to see how hewn logs have less potential than mushroom caps held up by bones. Considering that the Draenei can't have those buildings on Azeroth anyway, due to the slight lack of giant mushrooms

Look at Tauren. Before World of Warcraft, could you see them wearing armour?

And look, it won't be Draenei. They have a TINY civilisation on Azeroth. The Furbolgs have more of a chance, merely because Blizzard could pull another uncorrupted tribe out of their ass

Level 11
Blizz could just as easily pull out more sane uncorrupted Draenei out of their ass. That's why it will be only speculation until an official announcement is made about the race.

Level 18
Lord Finarfin said:
Sansui said:
furbolgs are gay it wont be them

Your "valuable" input shall be remembered.

And your input has no bearing on the topic at all, so i say you are a moron.

Lord Finarfin said:
Sansui said:
obviously you didnt get the point of me saying what isaid. so im not going to try to convince such people.

Please elaborate. And use english, not "internet shorthand".

Please elaborate on being a troll dickhead.

and to mech.

Get your head out of your ass, furbolgs have no chance they are not cool enough

And that was blizzards main goal with the new race,

plus mech, you are becoming a HUGE asshole, so here i my advice to you shut the fuck up bitch.

Level 12
How funny of you. And no doubt I see no reason why you'd be on the skinner mod's position.

Of course, I'm going to agree with Sansui on Mecheon. So far, Mecheon will simply bias someone else's opinion and tell himself he's an expert. Besides, I can bet you Mecheon will flip out when he realizes Blizz releases a race out of his ideas (remember how Blizz added blood elves?)

In general, the forums here lost a lot of potential...

Level 25
Both me and other people who care about the lore feel that Furbolgs are the only logical path Blizzard can go down

I can't see it being Draenei at all. Satyrs just... Goes against everything the Alliance stands for basically, and Worgen? Not a chance. If it weren't for that fanfiction no one would worry about them

You might say that Furbolgs aren't cool enough, but Blizzard could make them better. Sides, the only race I can think of that are cool in Warcraft are the Nerubians

And as if they'll be the race

Level 25
Well, even Tuskarr have been mentioned for some bizzare reason, and Satyr have been as well

I have someone at school adamant about Satyr being the race. He also thought the Blood Elf flying mount was some sort of insect as well

Blizzard also said it wasn't a brand new race, in order to destroy the Tigon arguements

Level 25
We also know its not goblins

Blizzard said the "model for the new race isn't in the game", which many have taken to mean various things. I think it means the playable model, with armour and stuff, for the race isn't ingame, and the only other non-playable race with playable models ingame are goblins

Level 25
Removes Draenei and Worgen as well in that light

I don't get why people keep bringing that up and claiming it supports their view. Its just... Wierd. Especially when their view happans to be Draenei who are obviously in the Swamp of Sorrows

I'm thinking they were always refering to the models which can have armour and helmets and stuff, which is basically just the playable races and the goblins

Though, everything is open to interpretation

The furbolg and such models can't be equiped with armour or anything. They just have about 3 versions, like Blood Elves had

Level 25
That's just the creature model. You can do the same thing with other things as well

Its not a PC model, just an NPC one. It can equip weapons, like the ogres and PCs, but also like the ogres it can't equip armour or helmets

Level 11
I believe the statement was that the new race does have an existing model already ingame, but it needs to be upgraded like the Blood Elven ones. It was stated that Blizzard isn't making an entirely new race.

Level 1
Like all the races in WoW now you'd have to have been able to play as the race at some point as a unit. Draenai would be one that fits the others. But, most of these have be play'd as a unit and not a special character for just the scenario. So My guess is they are going to pull something off the nightelf side,like dryads of mountain giants or one of those weird races. Gnomes was kinda pulled out of no where considering theres only like 1 unit that has them. So theres a lot out there it could be. But as of now Dreanai seems to be the logical choice. They are in the outlands with the bloodelfs so they could easily throw in some lore as to why these two races don't get along and why they dreanai are now part of the alliance after maybe meeting them as they pass into the new lands.

Level 2
Naga

Personally i'm hoping its the naga, their just too vital a race to simply exclude them. It's doubtful it will actually be the naga, since the humans would never trust them, but its just how i feel on the matter. :?

Also, isn't the portal to outland in Dalaran? Won't it be kinda difficult to go through with the eye of Dalaran there?

Level 25
Re: Naga

Soulfish13 said:
Personally i'm hoping its the naga, their just too vital a race to simply exclude them. It's doubtful it will actually be the naga, since the humans would never trust them, but its just how i feel on the matter. :?

Naga frequently attack Alliance and Horde coastal cities. There are higher odds of Nerubians being the race than them

Also, isn't the portal to outland in Dalaran? Won't it be kinda difficult to go through with the eye of Dalaran there?

The Dark Portal is in the Blasted Lands. That portal Illidan made was just a short-term thing

Status
Not open for further replies.