• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Lightfall

Level 51

Lightfall_LOGO.png

Lightfall: A Fading Home is Chapter 1 of the Lightfall Campaign. Set in the times during & after the Fall of Lordaeron, the Story follows General Adeline, one of the last Paladins of the Silver Hand, and her soldiers.

Story_.png

While the restless Scourge and the unholy Forsaken are fighting over the scarred remains of Lordaeron, Arthas has long left the land again and has joined the Lich King on top of the Frozen Throne.

Amidst this chaos, some shards of humanity have yet persisted.

General Adeline Cuiterre and her knights, who are some of the last remaining members of the Order of the Silver-Hand, are on their way to the harbor city of Gen‘lian to escape from the clutches of the Undead.

Gameplay.png

The Gameplay is standard WCIII RTS Gameplay, without basebuilding. It goes more into the directon of the Rexxar campaign, although in Chapter 1 there will only be one playable hero. Major difference is the handling of the hero itself.

General Adeline is a major battle-deciding factor in the gameplay. Mana costs of Abilities are extremly low & the same goes for cooldowns. Intense micro-management & understanding of the environments as well as keeping your units alive is key to coming out alive.

Story___.png

• Big & rich world, with secrets to explore, hidden quests to discover and stories to be unraveled
  • Over 2000 words of custom voice lines
  • Up to 2 hours of gameplay
  • Custom items with their own stories & abilities
  • Custom units added to the roster
  • Custom Inventory System with 7 different Item Slots (Neck, Chest, Ring, Gloves, Legs, Boots, Weapon)
  • Secondary Progression System through Talents
  • and much more
Media.png

unknown.pngAbomination.jpgAmbush.jpgBear.jpgChest.jpgIntheWoods.jpgKeepOut.jpgRefugees.jpgShard.jpgTower.jpg

Release.png

Download Link[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Level 15
This looks insanely interesting! I love the idea of using the Rexxar-style campaign for a basis for this as I always find myself incredibly invested in the characters when it comes to anything in the plaguelands.

I have so many questions off the bat:

Could the player expect to run in to any well known characters out of the plague lands or from the Lordaeron area, or will this solely be concerned with locations and characters of your own making? Either way I am excited to explore the characters and the locations!

Seeing as abilities and Hero 'kit' will be a huge focus for the campaign, will the capacity for Hero abilities follow the same '3 basic abilities and 1 ultimate format' that we expect from Warcraft 3 or will their be additional abilities to choose from/unlock?

When it is mentioned that there are "Over 2000 custom voice lines" are you referring to text lines in cinematics or 2000 Voiced lines? Both are impressive but if it is the latter then I am twice as excited as before!

Can't wait for this, I'm gonna be watching this one closely for any further teasers/updates!

Level 51
This looks insanely interesting! I love the idea of using the Rexxar-style campaign for a basis for this as I always find myself incredibly invested in the characters when it comes to anything in the plaguelands.

I have so many questions off the bat:

Could the player expect to run in to any well known characters out of the plague lands or from the Lordaeron area, or will this solely be concerned with locations and characters of your own making? Either way I am excited to explore the characters and the locations!

Seeing as abilities and Hero 'kit' will be a huge focus for the campaign, will the capacity for Hero abilities follow the same '3 basic abilities and 1 ultimate format' that we expect from Warcraft 3 or will their be additional abilities to choose from/unlock?

When it is mentioned that there are "Over 2000 custom voice lines" are you referring to text lines in cinematics or 2000 Voiced lines? Both are impressive but if it is the latter then I am twice as excited as before!

Can't wait for this, I'm gonna be watching this one closely for any further teasers/updates!
No well known characters as of yet. I had a lot of fun writing my own characters for this, and as I still want the project to fit into canon more or less seamlessly, I wanted to shy away from existing ones.

They might appear in the future though :)

For now there are only 4 abilities planned for each hero, but that might increase at some point.

Chapter 1 will include over 2000 words of custom high quality voice-over.

Level 48
This is extremely hype stuff. I honestly can't wait to play it, as far as I can see it's exactly my jam. And I know that it will be fantastic because PROXY is making it. :)

did you to get download reforged to get it or no
Some maps made in Reforged cannot be opened on older patches, I'm sure PROXY cannot guarantee that it will work. Your best bet is to buy WC3 Reforged from Battle.net to make sure you'll be able to run it (and other maps).

Level 23
This looks fantastic Proxy! Really fantastic terraining. Also thanks for making this on 1.32- changing back to old versions of Wc3 to play things is a trouble that will hopefully become less common over time as more projects move to the latest Wc3 patch.