• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Light Effect Practicing - Criticism needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hey. I've been practising around with light effects after reading Void's lighting tutorial (One with using Light from Above models) and need some feedback on these pieces and how to improve.

Blue one is mean't to be the moon with a black silhouette thingy witch flying past, the second one (the crappier one obviously) is meant to be the sun in the background shining. I wanna know how people make giant rays or make light onto the water like in the first one by 2-P o_O.

Oh yeah, and about the second one, I only focused on the lighting, so I just randomly placed trees to cover up. Also, how to remove the sky box and use your own sky models (Does anyone have any?)

Attachments

• Early Sunset.jpg
    Early Sunset.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 209
  • RandomLightTesting.jpg
    RandomLightTesting.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Random Moon - 10.12.2009.jpg
    Random Moon - 10.12.2009.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 180
Level 18
the first one is really cool, however, the sun is too plain. perhaps having a few " Star White models " enlarged to about 10 and tinted yellow would make the sun more happier and cheery. and perhaps place the sun poking out behind the mountains to get that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.