• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Practice Sunflare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Thought I'd make this because I haven't posted for a bit :)

Made this fairly quickly, and it is really simple, but I wanted to play around with sky+lighting. It's not much - but I feel it's the most I can do with one "real" doodad.

Aaaaanyway, enjoy! ^^

Edit: Added second pic
Edit2: Slightly changed Dewdrop

Attachments

• Palm.jpg
    Palm.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Dewdrop.jpg
    Dewdrop.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Level 6
They look Great!
How did you make the camera face up?

Pan the camera so it's facing the sky (hold ctrl+rightclick and drag to pan) then create a camara there. Edit the camera properties by clicking enter when it's selected and edit the z offset (3rd row) to something like 200. Click on view camera. It should then be above the terrain but facing up :thumbs_up:

If not, increase or decrease z offset by appropriate amounts 'til it does.

The first one is nice and simple, but the second one is... Brilliant. That is, if it isn't photoshopped. Might you want to explain how you made the spider web with waterdrops on it? Just for convenience sake.

I'll attach the map :wink: It'll help explain the camera angle too, which made most of this easier.

Now you can see how badly the image was made ... over 3000 light effects... :mwahaha:

Attachments

• ScreenshotDewdrop.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 6
Nice to see something again from - alway appreciate your work!
You are sure you are just practicing it already looks awesome, especially the second picture (however you made it).
Only thing is that the palm is too big (in the second one) but since you are aiming for the light effects I must say it doesnt matter....
Always hoping to see more of your work.

Level 6
Thanks for the comments!

The leaf model is a bit poor, and I have realised there were a few alternatives i could've and maybe should've used. But I'm just happy the background turned out like I wanted it to in my head :grin:

Thought for fun I'd attach something that I'll most likely trash soon. Was working on using tiny elavator models in shades of black, grey and white to fill this image in (after improving the borders), then add a background much like the one on dewdrop (but red). Any thoughts?

Trying to think of non-tree things to play around with, because 90% of what I show here are trees... :con:

Attachments

• Doodling.jpg
    Doodling.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.