• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Alright, so I'm liking this terrain so far, but I experimented with some different lighting colors and can't quite decide which one, or even either of them. Keep in mind that they aren't meant to look like legit colors. Personally I like the second one, I like how it transitions from blue-green-orange, it's just interesting.

So I'd like some help for the lighting, and any other comment is helpful as well ;D

Attachments

• Tundra.png
    Tundra.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 221
  • Tundra2.png
    Tundra2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 197
Level 15
The second one makes the dark fortress look all the more evil and just works better for the terrain overall.

You should do something about those far trees on the right side, the angle doesn't make them look good. Try adding more detail to the snowy areas, and maybe try a different texture other than the felwood dirt.

They look really good btw, the dark castle is epic and the job you've done with BOTH skies is worthy of applause.

Level 23
I totally agree, the second one has way more atmosphere, and while the atmopshere and the background is a very nice piece of work. The foreground does not have the same quality than the background, the doodads look randomly placed , especially the grass that comes out of the snow very strangely. I know this effect exists in reality, however here it looks very strange. Compositon-wise, the castle looks great, apart from the big building on the left, which could use some lower buildings around it, that are actually a bit visible.
Apart from that, really a good work, and I would love seein the foreground a bit better.

Level 11
yeah the second one,the sky ,the lighting realy fits the castle and gives it,as raven said,a evil,spooky feel

the sky looks great,the transition is nice,i dont have any idea on how you could improve the lighting,imo its fits as it
you could add some more details,one thing that bothers me is the right side,its a lil wee bit empty,add a small building or something,but not something very complex or big

hope this helped you

Last edited:
Level 7
Like other already said it, the second screenshot is much better. The first one with pink look kinda unrealistic(i mean in bad way, not that in fantasy world hasent pink fog) and it dosent with with the picture theme.

Good work overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.