• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tundra Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
SlashingMachine and Banefull present:

fullscreent.jpg

Artwork hand drawn by SlashingMachine on US East

1). What is Tundra Defense?

Tundra Defense is a map based upon and highly inspired by popular Warcraft 3 map Island Defense by Yacapo and Dildamesh. Tundra Defense will bring gameplay mechanics that veteran island defense players will find familiar while simultaneously innovating and improving upon the game's base design. Island Defense is a cat and mouse game pitting 11 builders against one powerful titan. The Titan must kill all 11 builders to win while the builders must hide, steal gold from the titan's mound, build bases, and eventually gather a small army to kill the Titan.

2). What is the storyline for Tundra Defense?

Tundra Defense is set far into the future of the Warcraft universe on the continent of Northrend. After a millennium of peaceful coexistence, the Inhabitants of the Tundra have long forgotten of the events surrounding their tumultuous history except in faint myth and legend. Unbeknownst to the tundra's inhabitants, the Lich King remains asleep in this land entombed below the surface. Now awakened in his prison after a thousand years, the Lich King seeks to regain control of this land through his newly ressurected champion, The Slayer. Now the inhabitants of the Tundra must band together to stop this evil menace from corrupting all that they love and cherish.
introg.jpg

3). What builders/titans (slayers) will Tundra Defense feature?

We have a well-balanced lineup of races planned for release.

Builders:
- Orc Warlock -- lumber dependent baser and support spellcaster (Demonologist + Troll hybrid)
felorcwarlock.jpg

- Frost Troll Shaman -- very early game basing and minor healer (Vaguely similar to Gnoll/Murloc)
- Dwarf -- tough builder with fortified armor, late game basing (Vaguely similar to Tauren)
- Draenei Assassin -- invisible builder, steals gold when attacking titan, only 1 allowed (Vaguely similar to Satyr)
- Portal Rifter -- unique gold basing builder, has walls that regenerate health (Has no real equivalent)

Slayers: (coming soon)

And of course as time goes by we'll be adding more slayers and builders to the mix.

4). How close is this map to being finished?

I can say with great confidence that is map is very far into its development. The map is in a playable state at this very moment but it still needs more trigger work, polishing, and balancing. I cannot give an ETA but expect to see it in a month or two. My time will be spent between this project and releasing Helms Deep Total War 2.0.

5). I have a very cool idea for a race/builder, how do I contact you?

That is what this thread is for. I will also be accepting submissions for possible titans/builders. They must be complete and on a blank map. If I think your builder/titan will be good for gameplay, I will add the builder/titan to the map and you to the credits.

6). More Gameplay Screenshots coming soon!

Last edited:
Level 11
For us who have not played island defense, please explain how it works :)

Anyway, sounds like an interesting map, looking forward to the release!

Status
Not open for further replies.