• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Lifestealing Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok heres the trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blood Strike
  • Actions
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\HydraliskImpact\HydraliskImpact.mdl
    • Unit - Cause Caster to damage Victim, dealing ((Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
    • Unit - Cause Caster to damage Victim, dealing 25.00 damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Now as you can see ive completed the damage part of the spell, but i want the spell to also steal 1/4 of the damage. how do i do this?

Level 29
Add an aura?
Else you'd need to use a on-hit system and bla bla bla, don't do this.

Heard about invisible abilities, or disabled spell books? that's what you need.

Oh well, it seems like Thehelper put out their world editor site, so I'll search something here.

Ok, there was one on the hive too, click here.

Level 4
k the negative damage idea isnt working
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blood Strike
  • Actions
    • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
    • Set Victim = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\HydraliskImpact\HydraliskImpact.mdl
    • Unit - Cause Caster to damage Victim, dealing ((Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
    • Unit - Cause Caster to damage Victim, dealing 25.00 damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
    • Unit - Cause Caster to damage Caster, dealing ((Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) x -0.50) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
    • Unit - Cause Caster to damage Caster, dealing -4.00 damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
what am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.