• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Haha, classic song :D

Either way... the map seems pretty decent, something like a complete make-over of LOAP.
Of course, I expect this map to be better...

A cool feature would be to be able to save your character so you can continue your 'life' next time you play.
It's not necessary though... just seemed nice to be able to continue and be able to become something like president, or astronaut or whatever (a high profession that requires some work to become).

I wonder how the gameplay will be though... if it won't resemble the regular LOAP too much (you know, lame terrain, gods, mafia, overpowered jobs etc).

Lungdrache said:
i don´t want make a Dota!
An AoS* (Aeon of Strife)

DotA is an Aos.
AoS = genre
DotA = map

You don't say "I don't wanna make a World of Warcraft!", you say "I don't wanna make an MMORPG!".

Level 20
rofl, funny you should say that, apparently (according to multiple articles and sources).

Dota has revolutionized and introduced a whole new genre to video games! -_-

I think people presume this because 'games' as opposed to maps/mods are now coming out like Dota, hon, lol and Dota 2. :/

Nice map anyway, I was never one for LOAP but this looks like it could be a laugh.

Level 28
?????
I mean:
I don´t wont a "city vs city" map
Yes, that's an AoS for all I know :D

Aeon of Strife
The original Aeon of Strife originates from Starcraft and is believed to have been created by aeon64.

It was a map that consisted of 3 lanes that connected 2 opposing teams that combated against one another until victory was achieved by destroying the opposing team's main structure.

It can be considered as the mother of all warcraft 3 AoS-style maps that currently exist such as DotA, 3 Corridor, Rising of Exile, and so on.

As the popularity of AoS-style maps grew, it soon was declared as a genre/type for all the maps that share similiarities with the original, though nobody knows when this happened.

Level 22
rofl, funny you should say that, apparently (according to multiple articles and sources).

Dota has revolutionized and introduced a whole new genre to video games! -_-

I think people presume this because 'games' as opposed to maps/mods are now coming out like Dota, hon, lol and Dota 2. :/

Nice map anyway, I was never one for LOAP but this looks like it could be a laugh.

The way you put it was so deep and wondrous I thought I was reading a novel. Bravo good sir!

Level 7
Need a Name for Online Game in the map!
Please choose a name:
Name_________________Votes
1)Gealia________________0
2)Game of Life___________0
3)Epic Life______________1
4)A day in the life_________0
5)Life__________________0

Custom Name (post your custom name for the game

Last edited:
Level 28
"RPG" doesn't really seem like a map name to me ("hay, my map is called RPG", it just doesn't fit).
I don't really have any good ideas either though, "Game of Life" is pretty much all I can think of.
This actually reminded me of "A Day In the Life", a great song by The Beatles and also looks like a fitting title.

Level 7
"RPG" doesn't really seem like a map name to me ("hay, my map is called RPG", it just doesn't fit).
I don't really have any good ideas either though, "Game of Life" is pretty much all I can think of.
This actually reminded me of "A Day In the Life", a great song by The Beatles and also looks like a fitting title.

I made a online game IN THE MAP!!!
And now i need a Name.

Level 9
He knows(ap0calypse)
I think just 'Life' is good.Be careful with filesize,all the imported stuff can cause problems.
What other features are you planning to add?I can suggest some if you want.

Level 9
I can help you in deciding whether the map is ready,ideas and all that.I dont have access to my wc3 as im posting this,so just tell me whether your map is protected or not.

Last edited:
Level 9
For loading screen click my 'are you a bladetitan' signature and request one in that forum.Waiting time is lot,it will give you enough time to make all your planned features.

Status
Not open for further replies.