• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life regeneration passive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there any way I can make a life regeneration passive with exact hit points regenerated ( like Ring of Regeneration which is 2 hit points per second ) , and not percentage-based ( like Unholy Aura ) ?

Last edited:
Level 16
1.) First you find the item ability, Item Life Regeneration. This is the ability that the ring item has. Untick the box Item Ability. Set it to false. Now the problem with these item abilities is that, even after making them unit abilities, they don't show icons. So we make whats called a "dummy ability"

2.) Next make a dummy ability. This will be a passive ability of some sort like devotion aura. Make it give 0 armor, have 0 range, call it Life Regeneration, etc. Give it to the hero that will learn the ability.

3.) Next we make a trigger. It will give the item ability to the hero whenever he learns the Dummy ability and set it to the right level. Here's the code:

• Life Regeneration
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Devotion Aura
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Item Life Regeneration to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Item Life Regeneration for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Devotion Aura for (Triggering unit))
And there you have it. A life regeneration ability.

Level 2
If i use ring of regeneration,as Radicool said,the spell is iconless,the effect works,but the hero has no icon of that spell.
I'll try the thing with the unholy aura,to uncheck percentage regeneration.
Thanks for answering !

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

You can always create a dummy ability to add a tooltip.

^Edit: Damn, you were faster

Status
Not open for further replies.