• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life of a Dragon v1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
live as a Dragon in this new breed of custom map as you start out as a hatchling and grow to wrym suriviving against human kingdom and the Dragon slayer/catcher

Ive made this game my battle.net account name is Christopher10
its been pretested by Arrowkill,Tanche_,Dude100,The-Illumnati,memu and XxAgeofwarxX also thanks to Timberwolph and HatchetSniper and many others..

THIS IS NOT A LOAP GAME

Update:i reduced file size

Keywords:
dragons,medival,fantasy,slayer,catcher,
kingdom,new,custom
Contents

Life of a Dragon v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
18:54, 11th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Interesting concept

Review coming soon (possibly tomorrow if not today)

Edit 1:
Oh my, the triggering in this is really bad. You should use If/Then/Else 's instead of creating multiple triggers for everything, this will clean up what is overall a very messy code.

You use only Blizzard spells - these are quiet boring overtime and everyone's seem them many many times - triggering your own spells will make it much better.

I haven't played the game yet, but so far it doesn't seem like it has much hope for a good review.

Okay: Review
Your trying to do way too much in one map, balancing and making the experience fun for multiple dragon players, dragon hunters and humans is a large task that would take a very long time and a lot of patience to do. Just in the beginning you can tell some sacrifices made for this - for the dragon players to get to level 5, they have to slaughter random woodland creatures with a hero with only 3 spells. This is quite boring. I'd suggest you simplify this map and have all players play as dragons and have NPC's control the humans. That way you can focus on making a good experience for all the actual players.

Terrain: 2.5/5 - This terrain is passable at best, but it could be much much better. Atm it's pretty unspectacular, and the beginning area for the dragons is full of doodad spam.
Coding: 1/5 - Bad coding in general, it's unorganized, it leaks and is an overall mess
Creativity: 4/5 - I really wanted this map to be good, as I had a similar idea a while ago but suffered by trying to do too much in 1 map like you did here. Overall I'd love to see the idea done well and it seems like a project most people don't seem to want to make for some reason.
Gameplay: 2.5/5 - Passable I guess, though it's pretty lackluster overall.

Overall: 2.5/5

I can see a lot of room for improvement, but right now it seems like a good idea with bad execution.
I'd vote rejection for now.

Last edited:
Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Rejected

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

Level 2
this game could be good for a short game(IN MY MEANING,MAY NOT BE YOURS) , thrilling though gets boring afte a while in other words...
Approved 3/5

Level 2
Interesting concept

Review coming soon (possibly tomorrow if not today)

Edit 1:
Oh my, the triggering in this is really bad. You should use If/Then/Else 's instead of creating multiple triggers for everything, this will clean up what is overall a very messy code.

You use only Blizzard spells - these are quiet boring overtime and everyone's seem them many many times - triggering your own spells will make it much better.

I haven't played the game yet, but so far it doesn't seem like it has much hope for a good review.

Okay: Review
Your trying to do way too much in one map, balancing and making the experience fun for multiple dragon players, dragon hunters and humans is a large task that would take a very long time and a lot of patience to do. Just in the beginning you can tell some sacrifices made for this - for the dragon players to get to level 5, they have to slaughter random woodland creatures with a hero with only 3 spells. This is quite boring. I'd suggest you simplify this map and have all players play as dragons and have NPC's control the humans. That way you can focus on making a good experience for all the actual players.

Terrain: 2.5/5 - This terrain is passable at best, but it could be much much better. Atm it's pretty unspectacular, and the beginning area for the dragons is full of doodad spam.
Coding: 1/5 - Bad coding in general, it's unorganized, it leaks and is an overall mess
Creativity: 4/5 - I really wanted this map to be good, as I had a similar idea a while ago but suffered by trying to do too much in 1 map like you did here. Overall I'd love to see the idea done well and it seems like a project most people don't seem to want to make for some reason.
Gameplay: 2.5/5 - Passable I guess, though it's pretty lackluster overall.

Overall: 2.5/5

I can see a lot of room for improvement, but right now it seems like a good idea with bad execution.
I'd vote rejection for now.

i notice you give a lot of rejections lately :croll:

i notice you give a lot of rejections lately

Hehe, well not every map has what it takes to be worthy of approval. If the site just approved every map then it wouldn't be any better then Epicwar. Also with anything you can separate most resource incomes into:
-Unacceptable Resources: These make up the bulk of most resources coming in, mainly in sections like spell and maps where it's not that hard to get into making the resource.
-Acceptable Resources: These are more or less 1 third of the total resources submitted these resources are made well and can be approved.
-Exceptional Resources: These are more or less a fourth of the third of acceptable resources. You don't get too many of these as it's pretty difficult to make one.

Also someone seems to beat me to all the high quality maps lol
I actually liked this idea and was hoping it was good, but that's not going to sway judgment on whether or not I feel it's acceptable. The other reviews also didn't turn out too good for this map either if you'll look at them.

Level 2
I think u dont know how to RP.... the skills aint much important, when the computer or fel orc's would be CPU then this game would suck.

Level 3
By the way, why was this map rejected so fast? The time between the addition of this map and rejection is 1 day or less. Not enough time for the uploader to change anything. Hardly enough time for him to reply actually.

I had to search for this map elsewhere, since it was just thrown out of here.