• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lets see those desktops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Funny how the thread is going off-topic.

Dunno who made that study, but it's just wrong. Using Linux, you won't have any problems with viruses, spyware or other stuff like that (mainly because no one cares about writing viruses for Linux, you just don't hit enough people ^^). Concerning to servers or working in university, I prefer Linux because it's far more stable.

Anyway, for gamers, Linux isn't an alternative. It's just incompatible with most of the games and it's definitly not the most user friendly OS out there, no matter which GUI you're using. Although, imo, Win XP is a little bit too user friendly. :roll:

Level 22
back to topic, heres mine

naamloos2os.jpg

ohyea, the bridge thing is from my dad, he uses this computer now and then :p

Level 22
yea its kind of ilegal i think, but it doesnt have games that still have to come out in story or anything, so its ok ^^ and, i do have more programs ofcourse, but i just dont put em all in my desktop, i put it all in 'deze computer' and well, almost the only thing i do is wc3 and msn anywo :)

Level 12
Werewulf said:
i dont know how to use gmax and it crashes.
and maxv5 is too big to fit on my jumpdrive.
so i use v7 to model and anim and uv in milkshape.

spline anim? hrm.. i dont like those...isnt that the type that you draw a line path etc?

im not sure, i dont really use it or ever heard of it in awhile.

gameboy emu?
those things are illegal :shock:

anyway, cool desktop, abit blank of program choices though :lol:
Why care about Gmax when you have 3ds? Why don't you do UV-mapping in 3ds?
You don't know splines? Yes they are lines that you can use for many things. Making NURBS.

psst how to make true smooth surfaces with NURBS? And what is NURMS?

Illligal you say. How much did you pay for all modeling programs?

And what about those secret things...?

Level 45
mac sucks,gatorade is better.

i uv in milkshape cuz i find it much more, here, skin, done.
while ma uv stuff is all over the place...and the material stuff...spent 30minutes trying to get my skin to show...

and those programs are all trials.
m parents brought psp10

the trials..well.. i just gave them a little present and they let me use them forever, and at the moment i have the clock set back afew days to get around some of the fualty trials

Status
Not open for further replies.