• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Legendary Terrains

To make an example with music, there are no doubt songs better than those of the Beatles, but we remember the beatles for how they revolutionized the art of music, how they created rock into a whole new genre.

dude .. the beatles's songs are way better than much songs made today D: so do not say that..

and yeah i do understand your point of view :p and it just gave me an idea :D

Level 18
The beatles can suck my dick !!!!!!!

( just kidding joke joke joke ! i kid im playin dont take it seriously ! )

but ya i think the whole point of this story is, we need more terrains...cause we know there are more out there...legndarys....just sitting there waiting to be picked.

Level 18
okay everyone is missing the point here !!!

its pretty obvious eleandor, that those epic legndary pics you said ( for instance the burning sky, and the shipwreck ) are there because they inspire ! can u find any better underwater terrain ?????? when in fact most underwater terrain was based off shipwreck.

and the burning sky was a trivial decsion to put up there, but i must say, it looks legndary either way.

what im saying here is that we should get MORE ....not take away from the showcase thats already here....

and we already know the raid doesn't want any of his terrains on the legndary thread...so fuck it just leave correx's castle there.

Level 36
I'm going to close this thread until people stop complaining and take it as it is.

If you want to recommend a new terrain that you think is worthy of being here, send me a PM so I can take a look at it.

If you want to see the terrains in this thread, well, you can still do that.

Eleandor, if you wish to continue this discussion with me, send me a PM.

Level 3
Hey, just wanted to know where can I find one terrain that looks something like some non warcraft stuff. Can't remember what's it called, something like man and tree death or something like that, someone even said that it did't look like it was warcraft made or something. I tried finding it but to no avail, can someone please help me a little? Thanks

HFR

HFR

Level 22
A lot of terrains made in Warcraft doesn't looks like they were made in Warcraft. You should specify your question better...

Try searching for the terrains made by famous terrainers, such as Corexx, HFR, MadSen, Frosty or even... Famous Piker.

HFR you obviously haven't seen a lot of void's then. I barely any remember any with trees to the sides and "thing in the middle". Isn't it ordinary to have a focus in the center of a terrain? I'm getting the feeling that you looked at the first post here - Dawn. That's the only one I really remember. There you see already, Arthas & Tower of Babel don't have that type of layout either. Centered middle (or close). The Tower of Dawn (his latest I think) didn't have that layout either. It had a centered middle.

The Facepalm? Seriously? I don't think it's at all epic, it's worth a short laugh, I mean, it's a palm with a face, blahblah, but I really don't think it's that great. The background is extremely similar to the burning sky, like, EXTREMELY, and the foreground isn't really that great. Especially the parts not covered in trees, they are supremely average I must say. Especially the fact that this isn't an incredible super terrain OR an inspirational terrain makes it even less worthy.
Unless you're facepalming at us in which case you can fuck off :mad:! (about all the drama facepalm)

You're not in a speed contest, you're trying to make a work of art of sorts, not rush one. So most definitely not. I've never heard of void being called the "one perspective guy". He's shown a variety of them over the 2 years.
Haven't we already had a debate about goodbye terrains and decided they're shit and no good and only cause more shit? It's a bit retarded either way.

Level 17
Make a new section as a tribute to terrainers who have left. Otherwise I don't think it really belongs here. He was Legendary, but the terrain isn't.
That's not to say it's bad, just not on the level of the other terrains present in this thread.

Level 34
You're not in a speed contest, you're trying to make a work of art of sorts, not rush one. So most definitely not. I've never heard of void being called the "one perspective guy". He's shown a variety of them over the 2 years.
Haven't we already had a debate about goodbye terrains and decided they're shit and no good and only cause more shit? It's a bit retarded either way.
Is it just me, or is it ironic that he thinks Void is "one perspective", and Belgarath who if anyone, deserves that name, is defending him?

You remember all those Belgarath paths? I'm pretty sure he just changed the doodads. :p

Now, now, I don't want my name being taken, do I? :p
I know that my perspective didn't use to be the most original, I just couldn't be assed changing it at that point. I did make the paths go from left to right up to down or diagonally at some point :}. My secondary showcase has heaps of perspectives though, so do my newer terrains. But yes, during that phase, I deserve that name most surely.

Level 34
For awhile he was doing the two trees on the side and terrain in middle. But he has changed as of late. Either way what does that matter?

Back on topic. Facepalm- stay or go?
It's gone. He has a terrain there already, and the hand really doesn't deserve it. Besides even the version I put up ages ago was better.

Edit: Is it still attached for anyone else? Why is it the only one actually attached to the thread? When I edit the OP, it says there are a bunch of images attached, but not the facepalm.

Level 3
Terrains

Yay! im glad SOME ppl know how to make decent terrain. If this is what ppl are making then how come all the terrain in games sux hella hard? Take a popular game like DoTA (im a big dota hater ^^) That terrain SUX HARD. Its crazy after over 49billion versions or w/e (seems like they make a new one everyday) they still have terrain that looks like they couldn't find the raise/lower terrain just the cliffs. Pretty sad. I want to see some of these awesome terrains go to use.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Yay! im glad SOME ppl know how to make decent terrain. If this is what ppl are making then how come all the terrain in games sux hella hard? Take a popular game like DoTA (im a big dota hater ^^) That terrain SUX HARD. Its crazy after over 49billion versions or w/e (seems like they make a new one everyday) they still have terrain that looks like they couldn't find the raise/lower terrain just the cliffs. Pretty sad. I want to see some of these awesome terrains go to use.

The terrains here are for showcasing only. They don't work as playable terrains. However, it's possible to create amazing terrains that are playable.

Level 34
Well idk why you two are making a fuss about it. Considering we are removing it all you have to do is... Remove it. Took me five seconds. Fixed.
I was trying to remove the image. It was gone from the list in the advanced edit, but still showed up in that attachment area. :S

Level 3
The terrains here are for showcasing only. They don't work as playable terrains. However, it's possible to create amazing terrains that are playable.

That they may be, but it can't be that hard to make those terrains useful in a game. Just us pathing editor or something, but if that's what they're intended for.. Anyways inspiration to map makers. Better terrain = Better map.
:D