• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legend of War

MGHetedik

Legend of War
Created by MGHetedik
Map Info

Some maps are RPG style and some maps you can build structures and create armies.

Story

The second part of the story what takes place on the time of the first war. A new main character joins the story the youthful orc fighter: Rog'har.

Features

- 12 playable maps, 3 Interlude maps, and one credits map.
- custom abilities, custom spells.
- custom models, icons, and skins.
- some imported music and few ambient sounds from World of Warcraft.

Main characters

Praton - The known Stormwind commander Reinhart's son. When the squad disbanded and the members are leaving Praton left the capital together with his younger sister and settled in Moonbrook.

Rog'har - The youthful orc fighter, He lives in peace in a small village, but the winds of war reach him.

Clans and Armies

The Blackrock

166555-albums2300-picture102451.jpg

The Shattered Hand

166555-albums2300-picture102456.jpg

The Burning Blade

166555-albums2300-picture102455.jpg

The Bonechewer

166555-albums2300-picture102454.jpg

The Black Tooth Grin

166555-albums2300-picture102452.jpg

The Warsong

166555-albums2300-picture102458.jpg

The Bleeding Hollow

166555-albums2300-picture102453.jpg

The Twilight's Hammer

166555-albums2300-picture102457.jpg

The Azeroth army

166555-albums2300-picture102449.jpg

The Stone Beard

166555-albums2300-picture102450.jpg

The Map Human

166555-albums2300-picture102447.jpg

The Map Orc

166555-albums2300-picture102448.jpg

Image Description:
Westfall
166555-albums2300-picture102444.jpg

Image Description:
Duskwood
166555-albums2300-picture102441.jpg

Image Description:
Draenor Forest
166555-albums2300-picture102440.jpg

Image Description:
Temple of Damned
166555-albums2300-picture102445.jpg

Image Description:
Temple of Damned
166555-albums2300-picture102446.jpg

Image Description:
Dazragore and Rog'har
166555-albums2300-picture102442.jpg

Image Description:
Cassius and Shadow
166555-albums2300-picture102443.jpg

Credits:

Very special thanks to the model/skin creators of the Hive and some other websites models/skins creators.

3ABXO3
67chrome
.KC
Alastor
AnemicRoyalty
Amigurumi
AnimE
Aquis
Bloodslaughter
Born2Modificate
Buster
Callahan
Cavman
Celestea
Chaosfury
ChevronSeven
Chriz.
Ckopnnoh
Cookie
Dan van Ohllus
Dark Hunter1357
darklord_avalon
Deathbringer
Dmitry Rommel
diosilva16
DiscreetMan
Elrat
Elunes-Guardian
eubz
Ergius
Ezikielth
FreiBier
frostwolf
General Frank
Gmish_57
Gottfrei
HappyTauren
Horn
IKS
Illidan(Evil)X
imforfun
iristle
Kam
KeT
Kitabatake
Klarnetist
levigeorge1617
MassiveMaster
Makuza
Mc !
Mechanical Man
Mike
Mr.Bob
n4en?
Nasrudin
Nanaki
Norinrad
oBs3rv3r
olofmoleman
olyvian
Paladin_Garond
PrinceOfFame
Red XIII
RodOfNOD
Rondo
Runic
Sellenisko
Shadow_killer
simkitty181
Sin'dorei300
SinisterX
Stanakin Skywalker
stonneash
Sunchips
supertoinkz
takakenji
Tauer
Tenebrae
TheSecretArts
Tiodor
Tranquil
Trollschnitzel
uGre_
Urkdrengi
Vexorian
Wandering Soul
WebSter
WizkaZ
Wolverine
Wulfrein
xXMephistoXx
xXm0rpH3usXx
-=Emergenzy=-

Author's notes

-Save often.
-Only the interlude maps are skippable.
-more screenshots in my profile album.
-I hope I managed to fix the bugs/errors.

I found a man who had tried my campaign and made a preview/trailer on the first map./ I was not hired. volunteer :)/
--
--
Keywords:
Warcraft 1
Contents

Legend of War (Campaign)

Reviews
16:14, 23rd Nov 2015 SCN: Ugh. I had a medium length review but got deleted since I left it in the message box for too long while my Hive account logged out. Anyway, list summary: - The maps are average to easily above average in scenery and...
Level 5
a few things
A. the most fresh in my memory is the boats can travel on land. i was able to wreak havoc on just about anything with nothing but frigates in chapter nine.
B. its interesting that you made it so no units heal over time and instead need to eat in order to gain health, that being said you need to add a more ample food scource if this is what you plan to go with be it fruit stands located here and there or you can build your own.
C. the dwarves and skeletons were the only 2 races that could build a town hall
D. the story switches from playing with humans, to playing with orcs, to playing with humans with no reason why we are changing. best example i can give to you for fixing is in the starcraft broodwar zerg campaign where you go from zerg to protoss to zerg but there is a reason why that happens.
E. the story mostly was poorly writen, mostly grammer and mispelling but generally was just boring to read. also scenimatics cant be skiped.
F. the terraining i liked.
G. Hero abilitys. the elf hunter has 4 arrow abilitys, 2 of which are almost the same thing. i would give her some versatility like maybe dodge or silence or a nuke.
H. doodads, you have some maps where there are trees everywhere but only a small percent of them can be farmed, becomes very agrevatinng when your serching an entire map for one tree to cut down.
I. if you quit the game any time after chapter 2 you have to start over froom chapter 2 if you dont save the game. in the campaign map choose screen it does not give any options for already played maps other then chapters 1 and 2.

im giving a 3/5 becuase what effort you did in this campaign is good but does need fixing in alot of areas as listed above.

Level 7
a few things...
Thanks for your comment and your rate. :wink:
I try to answer all of your questions.
A: In warcraft2 the Khaz Modan area the dark brown tile is a very low water. /mud/ I was able to do it so in wc3.
I know that in the wc2 the ships were not able to go on this ground,but they can go on this ground here unfortunately /in wc3 /.
B:Some animals if dies then drop food,or you use it the priests the magic of heal.
C:In the warcraf1 worker unit is not able to build a town hall.The dwarf and the skeleton is a special race, a town hall can be built up because of this.
D:Dazragore is the reason...
E:"grammer and mispelling" hmm..Which version did you play with?
F:Thanks :thumbs_up:
G:Maybe that I will modify it.
H:The imported tree models was not animation of a death,I was not able to use them as trees/destructibles because of this.I am sorry for this.
I:I check this today....
------------------------------
I check it.I download my campaign from here and I try it.
I tested it the 1.24 version,this works for me.
I don't know what may be the error,but if it is the solution that to you save,and work---then you save.

Is that moded sentinel orc thing a girl or is it a boy?

I believe it so that this a orc woman :wink: ,but you check it.
OrcHuntress -- darklord_avalon

166555-albums2512-picture20311.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
I would recommend you use some of Tauer's and Whisper's orc models instead of the Fel orcs. The Warsong grunt and raider would be perfect for WC1 orcs. Whisper made a good Blackhand and Tauer made a good Doomhammer. There is also a WC1 Necrolyte that someone made on this website.

The prologue is something I would really like to finish but after the "strengthening" (I believe a better word would be reinforcements: meaning additional forces) comes the game just gets too laggy to play. I would suggest doing something to reduce the file size because the map just gets ubar laggy and impossible to play I hope your other maps aren't as laggy.

Level 3
I would be happy to fix grammar/spelling errors for you, but idk why, my WE doesn't open up Campaigns anymore since i updated to 1.24.

Anyways, interesting campaign but i noticed a minor bug,
its about Reshija, if Rog'har called Reshija a 'HE'

then why does 'HE' look like a female

I was like o_O

Last edited:
Level 7
[
The prologue is something I would really like to finish but after the "strengthening" (I believe a better word would be reinforcements: meaning additional forces)

Anyways, interesting campaign but i noticed a minor bug,its about Reshija, if Rog'har called Reshija a 'HE'
then why does 'HE' look like a female

Thanks for the comment !
I corrected the misspellings in the 1.2 version ,but I check it today.

comes the game just gets too laggy to play. I would suggest doing something to reduce the file size because the map just gets ubar laggy and impossible to play I hope your other maps aren't as laggy.
Thanks...I know this.
Too many creeps and enemy units in the map.
I change the next version.

..but idk why, my WE doesn't open up Campaigns anymore since i updated to 1.24...
Ask the Blizzard.
I made it this campaign a 1.22 patch,and then I upgrade the next patch /1.24/the whole campaigns send me error triggers.
I was needed back up patch /1.22/ .I shall be able to continue the making of the campaign.

[

Thanks for the comment !
I corrected the misspellings in the 1.2 version ,but I check it today.

Thanks...I know this.
Too many creeps and enemy units in the map.
I change the next version.

Ask the Blizzard.
I made it this campaign a 1.22 patch,and then I upgrade the next patch /1.24/the whole campaigns send me error triggers.
I was needed back up patch /1.22/ .I shall be able to continue the making of the campaign.

It's cause patch 1.24 deleted the game cache script accidentally when they implemented hashtables. I would recommend foloing the tutorial to reapply the game cache thing, or you can simply upgrade to patch 1.24c from bnet or a site(the thread is in the news forum). Good Luck!

Level 2
It's good until it crashes at chapter II's loading screen. This isn't the only campaign that crashes when I try to play it. Is this just me or are other Machintos users facing same problems? Would really like to solve this problem, this campaign seemed so good, I got really disappointed that I couldn't play it for long.

Level 7
It's cause patch 1.24 deleted the game cache script accidentally when they implemented hashtables. I would recommend foloing the tutorial to reapply the game cache thing, or you can simply upgrade to patch 1.24c from bnet or a site(the thread is in the news forum). Good Luck!

Thank you for the idea ! :thumbs_up:

It's good until it crashes at chapter II's loading screen. This isn't the only campaign that crashes when I try to play it. Is this just me or are other Machintos users facing same problems? Would really like to solve this problem, this campaign seemed so good, I got really disappointed that I couldn't play it for long.

I'm sorry,but i can't help you. :(

Level 3
I played it in about a 4 hours and I LOVED IT! i havent played warcraft 1 -2 so this is a learning exp for me and the skins are nice the models are nice i love the Temple of the Damned But there were some part were i wanted to stop playing ebcause of the Spelling Error and Plus quote" Womanizer"unquote lol that was funny

Level 7
This was such a good campaign really made my day, what about the second part????
"Second part"...hmm soooooooon after :wink:

I played it in about a 4 hours and I LOVED IT! i havent played warcraft 1 -2 so this is a learning exp for me and the skins are nice the models are nice i love the Temple of the Damned But there were some part were i wanted to stop playing ebcause of the Spelling Error and Plus quote" Womanizer"unquote lol that was funny

I'm sorry the "Spelling Error".

Level 3
Sorry for double posting even tough its late

But when part 2 will come out or did you stop it?

Level 7
The second part is making progress...
I try to finish by the end of the year, or at least made a beta version.

I'm a little disappointed for having been Rejected my campaign. /Legend of War /
I try to be better prepared in the "next part".
and..I sorry for the late respond.

Level 32
Ugh. I had a medium length review but got deleted since I left it in the message box for too long while my Hive account logged out.

Anyway, list summary:
- The maps are average to easily above average in scenery and aesthetics. Nice choice of custom downloaded content and you've done a decent job with doodad placement, height leveling, and tiles all around - it captures a nostalgic WC feeling even though I haven't played WC1
- The cinematics are well made; strong points are the camera work and music
- The story is engaging and quite interesting, but may have some lore issues that I don't know about
- The varied gameplay between missions (RTS, Escape, RPG) keeps the campaign fresh, but sometimes the pacing can be a little slow - specifically mission three where it's time consuming to find the (!) for the quests with iseedeadpeople off
- AI works well so far
- The spelling throughout is actually quite good, but the sentence structuring is definitely off in many places. It's not a major issue but some people could have trouble understanding very few parts - though I understand the dialogue
- There is no option to skip cinematics, even if a player watched it already. It's annoying to have to rewatch them unwillingly each time you lose a mission.
- Difficulty seems good so far

Anyway, I don't see any rules broken. Map approved, no rating at the moment.

Good job.

Level 9
played a bit of the first mission

Terrain n all looks pleasing, although the campaign does the least to explain anything about what kind of units I'm commanding. A Cinematic shows up a few quest alerts and all of a sudden I'm under attack.

Custom Models / Icons / Music all very much giving the feel of the First War and Warcraft 1, maybe adding Custom Voice Responses for units from the wc1 / wc2 will improve that feel.

will play on and try to finish this.

Level 9
Im having a problem in chapter 3
When I went to the Warsong camp, the objective was to rescue the peons then return them to camp which I did but nothing else happens
The mission doesnt progress
I searched in the map for someone with a (?) on him but found no one
Please help :ogre_haosis:

Level 7
Im having a problem in chapter 3
When I went to the Warsong camp, the objective was to rescue the peons then return them to camp which I did but nothing else happens
The mission doesnt progress
I searched in the map for someone with a (?) on him but found no one
Please help :ogre_haosis:

I'm sorry...
This is a region enter bug/error.
Try the warsong camp's eastern part to enter with the peons. /two archer and one towers/
Did you rescue the ogre and draenei women? Not main quest... but you will need many warriors to the battle.

Level 9
I'm sorry...
This is a region enter bug/error.
Try the warsong camp's eastern part to enter with the peons. /two archer and one towers/
Did you rescue the ogre and draenei women? Not main quest... but you will need many warriors to the battle.

It worked!
Thanks I rescued them first yes and I just finished the campaign
other than the grammar construction its great
not that I have any problem with it, I understood what must be done
Good job (Y)

Oh one last thing Im playing LOW: Beginnings
I also having some trouble in chapter 3 I think "Assasinate the Traitor"
Im in the castle I found the Library key with Raven now what do I have to do??
I tried a lot of ways to enter the library door but the guard notice me and I cant outmaneuver them
Any advices???

Level 7
:wink:
It worked!
Oh one last thing Im playing LOW: Beginnings
I also having some trouble in chapter 3 I think "Assasinate the Traitor"
Im in the castle I found the Library key with Raven now what do I have to do??
I tried a lot of ways to enter the library door but the guard notice me and I cant outmaneuver them.

You find the answer on this picture. / in my LOW album/
Move on the granted route.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/166555-albums3139-picture101526.jpg

Any advices???
- Save often :wink:

Level 9
:wink:

You find the answer on this picture. / in my LOW album/
Move on the granted route.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/166555-albums3139-picture101526.jpg

It worked!
Hoooraaay finally im done with this level lol
Thanks

Level 7
It worked!
Hoooraaay finally im done with this level lol
Thanks

Wise thing if you read it deepstrasz assessment in the LOW:begins comments.
There are some bug/error there unfortunately. :sad:
...like what this.
Chapter 6
<- how do you destroy the last rune (upper right)? The remaining two ice comets seem to not want to do anything to it. It seems only the Water Spells Book can do something to the runes. Bad luck if Landor got out of the Abbey without it->

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This particular story is a bit fuzzy.

first chapter:
-try to make music play through the music channel instead of the sound channel
-where do the reinforcements arrive from? Stormwind is a major city
-Reinhart and Lothar have the same abilities
-so many units placed in many places; it's hard to quickly realize which ones are the player's and which are allied
-buildings are everywhere; you can hardly remember where the Blacksmith is
-Water Elemental has piercing damage while the Demon has chaos type...
-Peasants can't go to the hall from the north because there is a gate in the way; only the guards can open them
-upkeep when everything is so expensive?
-Poison Cloud blocks unit pathing (especially when placed near a bridge entrance/exit it's worse)
-the Disease from Poison Cloud seems to last too long; it does not affect the caster and his allied units as well like in Orcs & Humans
-1v1, a Necrolyte is stronger than an Archer?
-it's hard to imagine how the orcs could've set up an encampment so near to a human one (northeast)

second chapter:
-Rog'har was selected during the cinematic scene where he reaches his village; the same happens in the end level cinematic scene
-this level is so easy compared to the first one

third level:
-this is a big chore doing marathon; Rog'Har doesn't even have to do anything much to get what he needs
-every ingredient can be found one time. I'm referring to the dune worm and the mushroom; just not realistically implemented
-well, I don't know how optional those quests are. They seem pretty have to, to me
-instead of Replacing Rog'har with a new Rog'har with Roar, you could just add the ability to the unit
-the Grunt in the Shattered Hand post does not face Rog'har
-really? The Bonechewer clan kidnapped everyone? What are they, alien abductors?
-Rog'har does not face Go'ar when speaking
-the Bonechewer pawn the Shattered Clan with their Chaos damage
-there was a Grunt attacking Rog'har in the end stage cinematic scene. After some hits the Grunt just died and Rog'har didn't do anything
-where did Gul'dan suddenly appear from?

interlude:
-there's a latency before the heroes get on board

chapter four:
-the Pirate Port can be attacked from the west over the mountain without them being able to do anything; the War Galleon near it can also be attacked from the same spot using Attack Ground...; most of the infantry on that island can also be killed the same way
-one of the Buccaneers on the pirate island (on the east ridge) is neutral not enemy
-after the pirate fleet suddenly appears, the Galleon in the middle, closest to the rocks spins crazily
-nobody seems to see Shadow when he walks
-trade ship arrived message during the last cinematic scene

chapter five:
-eat what in the camp? There's nothing there
-the orcs suddenly attacked and then they stopped?
-why use an Evasion icon that has borders instead of the original one?
-when player units reach the southwestern village and the Peasant near the Mule is rescued, a trigger constantly selects; this ends when all or most of the villagers change ownership; or maybe the error happens when player owned units keep entering a region of that village
-why waste time killing all trolls if the orcs were coming? The villagers had to evacuate anyways? Or was it in case the trolls would join the orcs and make their numbers grow?

chapter six:
-even Rog'har has Critical Strike and Bash...
-there were still a Barracks and some Farms when the orc tower appeared near the southeastern mine (the one lower and to the right of the upper one)
-it would be nice if the troops the camp sends came to Rog'har or a message would be given that they're ready to be used
-Rog'har should use some discipline on that warlock

seventh chapter:
-all undead units require 1 food slot
-while Dazragore went to the fountain, a Peasant just came by him probably going to repair damaged Farms
-the Earth Guardian is defenseless against Bash
-neutral hostile units do not engage human units and the other way around
-Catapults can be stunned
-the level is linear
-the northwestern Gold Mine remained selected during the end cinematic scene; you also might want to hide some units during that one since Rog'har was trapped by the many skeletons and wasn't physically present where Dazragore was speaking

eight chapter:
-Orc Farms can be built over other buildings, even trees (they have no pathing)
-Butterflies have weird placing of selection circles
-even Doomhammer has Bash and Critical Strike
-the Peon model has a gold sack on its back; it's pretty confusing and annoying at times
-the Blacksmith has issues with being selected by clicking
-consuming a Roast does not lead to other healing items to cooldown; Healing Potions give latency before a Roast can be used
-the starting Barracks is different from the ones built after in that it can train Catapults and so double clicking it will not select newly built Barracks
-Orgrim remains selected in the scene after defeating Blackhand
-Poison Cloud spawns invulnerable units that can be selected and they're named Corrosive Breath

chapter nine:
-this level is insane at first; the secret is to wait until they finish their resources as they don't go for other mines than those in their main bases; actually the AI in the northwest sends Peasants somewhere
-the enemy are also sending villagers
-Raiders have Siege damage while Knights have Normal; guess who wins
-Neutral Hostile units and human units do not engage each other
-the AI might call/move Water Elementals somewhere for some reason ignoring the fact that they're being attacked
-ships can be bought at the Human Shipyard
-well, we didn't get to see how the orc lady got Doomhammer's trust. Last I knew she was under Blackhand/Gul'dan's command and even went on an expedition with Rog'har
-Rog'har remains selected during the last scene

tenth level:
-Isabell remains selected during the scene where Praton greets her
-the orcs that come next morning ignore a Villager that was outside of the town
-why shouldn't we save Isabell's husband too?
-where's the sword that the horse carried?
-there's no way to get through the bandit camp if Praton doesn't rescue enough Villagers that are able to attack
-villagers don't stop in the scene where Praton meets the elf ranger
-the ranger basically has two very similar abilities: Frost Arrows and Cold Arrows
-a Priest/Cleric remained selected during the last cinematic scene

interlude:
-it's kind of hard to check for survivors during a siege where the enemy is on the winning side

11th:
-Praton has spare level points
-Skeletons/units can get down in the river to its north
-Praton is speaking loud to himself that Nes and the sorcerer can hear him!?
-how did they follow him if they went to Stormwind?
-she suggests he should go to his relative but then actually tells him to go with them; I guess that's more of a what she wants then

12th:
-an Oil system would have been nice :) I know it's not that easy but it's not impossible
-Praton has Slow Movement Speed. Why is that? Is it to compensate for the fact that he has Very Fast Attack Speed?
-one (the only one that I've seen in the base) Dwarf Transport Ship doesn't want to be rescued
-only one of Nes' abilities may be used at a time. The others are pretty much useless; at least she doesn't have Bash and Critical Strike like most heroes; she also has 900 range (longer than a Canon Tower's) :D
-by the way: Nes'Selion's rank/occupation/whatever is Nes'Selion instead of ranger or whatever you wanted
-meeting Thardon will move all heroes back in the main base
-Dwarf Warrior has the same icon as Dwarf Ranger
-a lot of buildings like Farms, Lumber Mills and the Workshop from Hammerhill can't be rescued; some of them block the way of units
-some terrain parts can be accessed by ships but they don't like they could
-linearity and no ship fighting; Thorgas wasn't even a boss
-the orcs in the southeast don't move out of their base
-at some point in the eastern troll base, south of the pool where the dragon was, the camera went up a little
-it wasn't nice to let the sorcerer behind when he gave his interest to help them
-anyways, this level feels like killing units on the map that are sitting ducks

epilogue:
-isn't it too late to search for the stones now? I mean they've known about this for some time...

credits:
-the text scrolling down has an issue in that it stops from time to time for a fraction of second to then continue
-can't be skipped (don't know about other cinematic scenes; I didn't try to skip others)

Obviously, I liked the prequel more as it had less if not no boring levels.

Level 4
In the first mission, something in the orc camps is creating the desease cloud, what is it? It destroyed all my reinforcements, lol. On easiest mode :D

In other things I agrew with gameplay stuff said in post above (ch.1).
Still at ch.2 playing the campaign slowly :)

Level 4
why the bonechewers are the bad ones :ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage:its unfair only because they are canibalistic they have to be bad??.... a really shame :thumbs_down:

Level 7
Dropped it at the second map.. Author obviously made it for some autistic kids with the cinematic like "IM A SLAFE NOW" and this retarded sht is NOT SKIPPABLE, ffs...

I say thank you for your post and your vote first. :) 1/5
But I'll answer your post... a little.

- I did not do this for an autistic child. Although I do not know if they play with Warcraft.
- I did for those of who are interested in the story of a little bit and who was wondering what I did for Warcraft 1 mood / environment / era in Warcraft 3.
- You voted that you tried only two maps the from twelve? And what about the previous part? / LOW: Begins / Did you try it? You like it?
- I understand you are angry because you can not skip the cinematic... but you read it the

Author's notes
-Save often.
-Only the interlude maps are skippable.

- If you skip all the cinematic how will you understand the story? If you do not care about story then why do you play campaigns? Why is not the melee map enough?

- Didn't you like Stormwind city? The towers, the walls? Didn't you like the units? The custom textures? The loading screen? The music ? nothing?

- I'm sorry I did the bad moments when you played with my camp..

Author's notes:
Do not download my campaigns and do not play with it...And most importantly, do not insult autistic children on this forum.

Thanks!