• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of Legends (WoL)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Choose one from the unique heroes and fight your enemies.Thanks to hiveworkshop from where i got 2 custom models.You can choose to fight for the Alliance (Humans) or for the Horde (Orcs).Map has 2 lanes with auto-spawned creeps and a neutral island in the middle where you can fight neutral bosses or use it as a hideout to gank. In this new version ive added: All heroes hotkeys Q,W,E,R , Camera starting location, Quest info with help and credits (F9) and improved terrain and doodads

Keywords:
Horde,Alliance,AoS,Humans,Orcs,Legends,War
Contents

War of Legends (WoL) (Map)

Reviews
01:36, 18th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 31
Choose one from the unique heroes and fight your enemies.Thanks to hiveworkshop from where i got 2 custom models.You can choose to fight for the Alliance (Humans) or for the Horde (Orcs).Map has 2 lanes with auto-spawned creeps and a neutral island in the middle where you can fight neutral bosses or use it as a hideout to gank. In this new version ive added: All heroes hotkeys Q,W,E,R , Camera starting location, Quest info with help and credits (F9) and improved terrain and doodads

sounds like another cheap copy of aos map that are not worth to play.

Level 28
Don't expect others to write a description for you.
That's your job, and if you had read the rules you would've known that it is required.

.Thanks to hiveworkshop from where i got 2 custom models.
Give proper credit to the respective author.

The terrain is not good: the volcano should be removed, you should add tile variation, do not use blizzard cliffs for water, the cages, barrels and destructablr rocks should be removed, use environmental doodads, don't make lines of trees, create a transition between different tilesets.

The object data is bad: you should really learn how the damage (and bounty) system works.
You nearly never adjusted the damage sides per die / number of dice, and wherever you did change it, you did it wrong.
All units that are in the same 'race' (such as "Alliance" in your map for example) should be in the exact same category, so all alliance heroes should be in the custom -> human -> hero category - if you don't do this, you will lose a lot of time.
The descriptions weren't appealing, some were even wrong (like "|Warlord"), the abilities were all standard and - a very shameful thing - all tooltips should be designed the same way! some were standard blizzard, some were a messy text, some, like sentry wards, didn't even meantion that it had multiple levels.
Basically this is just a huge mess and I would never want to play a game with such objects.

The triggers were saddening, I can't really explain it. Whenever I see people trigger bad, I always get sad, it somehow makes me depressed to look at inefficient leaky triggers.
I am not saying this to troll or flame, I am stating the general truth: I really do get sad when seeing bad triggers, and I got sad when looking at your triggers.
Triggers are very delicate, coders are always searching for the most efficient way to do something - If a code can be made more efficient with the given language, they will do so.
You had... 10 triggers just to change the camera of all players to after the map started, and all those 10 triggers leaked... can you understand how sad I felt?
I wouldn't even spend a single trigger on it! The camera always starts at the center of the player starting location, changing the starting location to where the camera should be et voila, there's your 10 triggers.
Then, in total (with the 10 triggers mentioned above), you have 14 triggers with the same event.
All triggers with about the same event can always be combined!

Time for the extreme facts:
  • Number of triggers in your map: 50
  • Number of triggers required to do the exact same thing: 4
A total of 46 less triggers! Yes, they're longer, but really... FOUR triggers.

Level 28
Dude about description,i have written a description so shh
You're telling me to shut up?
Your description sucks, I suggest you write a better one yourself.

We (not only Septimus) do not like your description, so you have to fix it.

It's like a custom shop: let's say we don't like your design and don't want to buy your product for that.
Do WE have to fix your design? I don't think so, YOU have to fix your design in order for us to buy the product.

Change "product" with "map" / "buy" with "download" / "design" with "description".
There you go.

Now if you would start listening to more experienced people and read the rules, you could actually learn something from this.

Edit: and if you don't listen to us, well... just don't forget that I'm the one who decides whether your map is going to get approved or rejected, and I (nearly) always listen to Septimus' advice.