• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legacy of Lordaeron v2.7

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Warseeker Presents

Legacy of Lordaeron
v 2.7

A Forsaken Campaign

Legacy of Lordaeron is a custom singleplayer RPG campaign inspired by the Founding of Durotar campaign and World of Warcraft. The gameplay is basically an adventuring and questing style, levelling and unraveling the story. The object of this campaign is to complete quests while developing your heroes' abilities just like in the Founding of Durotar.

Important : Due to the new features implied in this campaign, this campaign will no longer work on any earlier versions of the game below patch 1.29.2. You can download the latest patch of Warcraft 3 via Battle.net or via the Warcraft 3 Launcher. (Requires CD-Keys)
You can, however, download an old version of the campaign which is compatible with patch 1.27a here. (This version will not receive anymore updates)

Note : The Transition among the campaign maps will not work if the filename of this campaign is too long.

Features

- Transition Among Campaign Maps.
- A storyline inspired by World of Warcraft : Cataclysm.
- 6 Character Classes.
- Variable Difficulty Level.
- New Custom Units, Items, Abilities and sounds.

Story

Following the death of the Lich King. Sylvanas Windrunner, The Queen of the Forsaken, alongside with her Forsaken army started to take far more aggressive stance in their battle against the remnants of the Scarlet Crusade, the Scourge and the Alliance as they attempt to conquer Lordaeron as their own...

Missions

Act One : Rise of the Forsaken
Act Two : Road to Supremacy
Act Three : Conquest of Gilneas

Change Log

Released

- Fixed bug in Blackthorn Bandits Quest, the Block Path of Trees is now passable.
- Fixed bug in Odd Vision Quest, the Block Path of Trees in now passable.
- Fellson's Healing Spray Ability has been replaced by Elixir of Death..

- Fixed some dialogue mistakes.

- bugs fixes and small changes.
- Reduced the campaign file size.
- Blackthorn Bandits Quest is now accessible without requirement of finishing "Aiding the Forsakens" Quest.
- Added a Creep Respawn in Sub-Maps.

- Fixed small bugs all over.

Major Changes :
- Transition System : The Transition system works now with multiboards, before stepping into a new zone, a dialogue will ask you either you want/or not to access that zone.
- Fixed a bug which prevent Creep Respawn from working after the Transition.
- The Quest "Slay the Orcs" has now a different feature, You're no longer required to destroy ALL bases. All you have to do now is simply killing the enemy heroes.
- Added 2 more class to play : Death Knight - Hunter
- Fixed a small bug in "Missing Ingredients" quest.
- An improvement in the quests, cinematics description.
- A little bit change of the story.

1.6a : - Added a Drop Item System
- Added two more class to play : Rogue - Warrior
- I made the cinematics transmission a little bit longer.
1.6b : - Changed the Hunter's model.
- Some changes in the DK and Mage skills.
- Fixes in the description and transmissions.
- You are now to able to train Val'kyr in Slay the Orcs quest.

- Major bug fixes and maintenance.
- Fixed two cinematic bugs in Alterac Ruins map.

Released Act Two and Three.

Act One : - Fixed a bug in the Necrolyte's Quest. Black Dragon Claw and Eye of Shadow are now visible.
- Replaced Faranell in the Secret Mission (the underground cave) with Nathanos instead.
- Fixed the Death Knight's Ebon Might ability: It increases the damage by percent instead of a specified number, also this ability affect the DK only.
- Replaced the Hunter's Black Arrows ability with Poison Arrows.
- Replaced the Mage's Meteor Strike ability with Fire Bolt.
- Changed a bit the story of the Blackthorn's bandits.
- Small bug fixes and changes all over the maps of this act.
- Stash in now available in every map, including the sub-maps.
Act Two : - Reworked on all the maps of this act and added 3 new maps.
- Removed the Broken Isles and Den of the Warlock map.
- Replaced Galen's Death Pact ability with Inner Rage.
- Increased the Neutral Hostile units' damage, health and armor.
Act Three : - Map 1 : Changed the design and gameplay style of this map.
- Map 2 : Increased a little bit the Worgen battleships' damage and health.
- Map 3 : The fight with Genn Greymane goes on three bosses instead of fighting him individually.
- Increased the Worgen units' damage and health.
- Removed Ivar Bloodfang and Lord Vincent Godfrey from this map.

- Bug fixes and balance improvement.
- Replaced the Rebel Orcs in Alterac Ruins with Crushridge Ogres.
- Changed the storyline of Act Three to make it similar to WoW : Cataclysm.
- Changed the model of Herod.

- Added a Specialization Selection for each class.
- Reduced the damage of Kill Shot to 750 at level 2.
- Merphist no longer cost food.

- Update the campaign to patch 1.29.2
- Added a new sub-map : Scholomance
- Bug fixes and general improvements
- You are now able to customize your Character's name in the menu selection.
- Added a new optional quest in Silverpine Forest.
- Changed the quest : Crushridge Ogres from main quest to optional.
- Fixed the Scarlet Monastery bug on patch 1.29. The quest should work fine now.
- Changed Merphist's Mana Burn ability.
- Changed Faranell's model.
- Galen is no longer a controlable/obtainable hero in this act. Instead you will get Grimthos. Grimthos is bonus hero that you can obtain as a fourth hero after compeleting his quest, just like Merphist in Act One.
- Revamped the Battle for Andorhal and added 2 Scourge bases.
- Changed the Bloodfang Lieutenant's model.
- Revamped the first chapter of Act Three and added 2 extra Worgen bases.
- Removed the second chapter of Act Three and replaced it with a mini-dungeon in Act Two.
- Turned the last chapter of Act Three into a macro mission.

- Updated the campaign to make it work with patch 1.30.1.
- Changed the Hero Selection System with a different one.
- Added a shared vision of Brill, Velonara's Camp and the Transition Locations.
- Added a Tomb of Relics in Brill.
- Removed the Blizzard and Mana Siphon from the Spellbook.
- Warlock : Summon Felhunter : Reduced to 1 Felhunter instead of 2, Increased damage and armor; can now be healed.
- DK : Scourge Strike : Fixed the instant kill bug also reduced the extra damage per second and the spell duration.

-----------------------------------------------
Tirisfal Glades
: - Most of the Skeletons have been replaced by Scourge minions.
Scarlet Monastery : - Added a new Resurrection Stone in the north-west.
- Changed the location of the first Resurrection Stone and stash.
Arathi Highlands : - Added two Resurrection Stones, one on the north-east, the other on the south-west.
Alterac Ruins : - Added more spells to the ogre heroes.
Hillsbrad Foothills : - Added a Tomb of Relics in Tarren Mill.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cinematics and Dialogues : - Improved most of the dialogues.
Items : Changed some of the loots dropped by creeps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Death Knight (Frost) : - Deathchill : No longer decrease attack damage.
Warlock (Demonology) : - Shadow bolt --> Summon Succubus.
- Summon Felhunter : Increased hit points and mana cost.
Hunter (Survival) : - Kill Shot : Increased mana cost and cooldown.
Fellson : - Elixir of Death : Reduced the amount of heal for level 2,3 and 4 (200/350/500/600 instead of 200/400/600/800)
- Chemical Rage : Reduced the attack rate for each level.
Merphist : - Skewer : Reduced the amount of damage.
Grimthos : - Vampiric Aura --> Vampiric Touch (Single Target)
- Hardened Armor --> Howl of Terror.

- Act 3 button should now appear after completing Act 2.
- Agamand Mills : - The level 6 Lich is no longer a Hero.
- Hillsbrad Foothills : - Removed the tomes from the Tomb of Relics.
- Added a shared vision for Southshore and the Sludge Fields.
- Hinterlands : - Added a Tomb of Relics in Maranel's camp.
- Added a Hero in the Highvale Elves' outpost.
- Eastern Plaguelands : - Added a Tomb of Relics in the Forsaken outpost.
- Western Plaguelands : - Added a Goblin Merchant.
- The Portals are now invulnerables during the fight with Araj.
- Koltira will now engage in fight with Araj.
- Silverpine Forest : - Added a Tomb of Relics in the Forsaken outpost.

------------------------ Heroes -------------------------------

- Death Knight : - Changed his model.
- Warlock (Demonology) : - Succubus can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Hunter (Beast Master) : - Black Spider can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Mage (Arcane) : Changed all his spells.
- Fellson : - Nerfed Elixir of Death ( 150/300/450/600 instead of 200/350/500/600)
- Sludges can now be healed with Elixir of Death.
- Merphist : - Nerfed the chances of Critical Strike to 10% instead of 15%.
- Grimthos : - Changed all his spells except Reincarnation.
- Fixed Grimthos' Exp Cap in Act 2.

- Added a Hero in the undead encampment of the first mission of Act 3.
- Worgen Workers can no longer build structures when possessing them.
- After destroying the Bloodfang and Liberation Worgen bases, the Forsaken will send more reinforcements.

- Fixed the Death Knight's Frost Presence ability.
- Nerfed the Rogue's Adrenaline Rush ability.
- Increased the stats of the items that can be found in Scholamance.
- Improved the Forsaken AI in the last mission of Act 3.
- Nerfed the Worgen units' HP in the last mission of Act 3.
- Changed the model of Merphist and his ultimate.

- Fellson's Summon Sludge ability no longer requires a corpse.
- Replaced the Arcane Mage's Absord Magic ability with Summon Arcane Golem.
- Gold/Lumber will now transition to Act 2.
- Battle for Andorhal : No longer requires to destroy the bases.

- Arcane Blast now deals accurate damage.
- Illusion : No longer take multiple damage, Reduced cooldown from 45 to 30, Reduced mana cost to 75. Illusions can now deal damage to enemy units.
- Evocation can now be used on friendly units/Heroes aswell.

- Fixed Memory Leaks.
- Fixed a known issue in patch 1.31.

Screenshots

wc3scrnshot_072418_153526_12-jpeg.303508
wc3scrnshot_072418_154530_18-jpeg.303507
wc3scrnshot_072418_164229_38-jpeg.303509

wc3scrnshot_072518_093641_06-jpeg.303511

wc3scrnshot_072518_102012_20-jpeg.303512
wc3scrnshot_072518_164808_10-jpeg.303513

wc3scrnshot_072518_171225_15-jpeg.303514
wc3scrnshot_072618_101925_10-jpeg.303518
wc3scrnshot_072618_103236_14-jpeg.303520

Credits

- Anemic Royalty
- Ujimasa Hojo
- ironmaiden
- Alastor
- Edge45
- Fingolfin
- Suselishe
- Kuhneghetz
- Mike
- Buster
- Matarael
- Grendel
- JesusHipster
- Tarrasque
- UgoUgo
- Sellenisko
- Power
- GUNNER
- Kitabatake
- assasin_lord
- donut3.5
- AndrewOverload519
- Callahan
- imforfun
- xyzier_24
- General Frank
- Nasrudin
- Stefan.K

- 67chrome
- Juice_F
- Dionesiist
- chr2
- CloudWolf
- THE_END
- Blood Raven

- Apheraz Lucent
- Marcos DAB
- Kyzerdrood32
- AndrewOverload519
- San
- PeeKay
- M0rbid
- Heinvers
- FrlkY
- BLazeKrake
- 67chrome
- Mr.Goblin
- PrinceYaser
- Nuhneghetz
- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- Sin'dorei300
- NFWar
- Paladon
- Kael Theron
- Zephyrius2412

- Transition System by Starquizer
- Respawn System by SkriK
- Hero Selection System by Felipe Gormadoc
- Knockback System by Tom_Kazansky
- Omnislash System by f0rsAk3n
If you saw your resource and I didn't give you credit for it, just tell me so I can add you.

FAQ

- Q : Why do I get a black screen when I try to play this campaign?
- A: That's because you don't have the latest patch of Warcraft 3 installed. You need to update your Warcraft 3 version in order to play this campaign. (Currently it works only on patch above 1.29.2)
- Q: Why do I get back to the menu screen whenever I return from a sub-map?
- A: As I said above. You need to update your Warcraft 3 version to the latest patch.
- Q: If I rename the filename of this campaign, will it cause any bug?
- A: Yes, it will. The campaign transition will not work if the filename of this campaign is too long.
- Q : Why do I get back to the beginning of this campaign when I reload?
- A : It is possible that sometimes the transition will fail and you will get back to the beginning of this campaign, this occur even in Rexxar's campaign, my advice is to always backup your progress or make sure to save regularly to prevent losing your progress.

Feel free to report any bugs, tips or suggestions!
Contents

Legacy of Lordaeron v2.7 (Campaign)

Reviews
Rufus
As the bugs I found have been fixed, and I trust that you will fix any future ones after your best ability, this campaign is now approved. I don't usually replay things I've moderated, but for this one, I'll look forward to future updates! Good luck!
Level 3
Warseeker just wondering will you ever make more classes or characters in the campaign or no since its forsaken and that they dont have any more classes that they could or something idk i got With just 6 classes Your Choice obvs

Level 1
@Warseeker Well I gave it a couple more good college tries using your advice, but I still wasn't able to beat it so I had to resort to using the whosyourdaddy cheat to destroy all the brown Worgen bases/Generals, since it was either do that and get to the next part of the mission or quit. As soon as I got all the generals and destroyed all of the Worgen production buildings, I immediately turned the cheat off and still did the side quests and the final part of the mission/campagin where you have to kill Genn which I actually thought was challenging as well but also fun and very doable for me. So overall, after now technically beating the whole campaign, I'd say that pretty much like before the whole of Act 1 and Act 2 are very good and I wouldn't change anything about those two personally really good work on those. The first part of Act 3 where you have to take out the four Worgen bases and defend the Forsaken base was pretty damn hectic and took me a good couple of tries, but eventually got the hang of it and was able to beat it with a sizable portion of the Forsaken base still standing mind you. That was good too at first I thought that it needed to be easier when I was first playing it but on reflection I think its fine as is.

That being said, in my personal opinion I think you went way too overboard with Battle for Gilneas at least in its current state, it just isnt fun having to stop everything you're doing to either run or teleport back to Sylvanas' base pretty much every other minute since she just doesn't have the tools to defend herself from the SHEER amount of enemy waves thrown at her and the enormous amount of enemy units in each of said waves. Not to mention the fact that you're basically on a timer to get a lot of things done before even more bases show up and even more enemies are thrown at the Forsaken base when they couldnt even handle what the brown Worgen were throwing at them let alone two more bases WITH level 15 heroes in them. I dunno, this is kinda embarrassing to rant about seeing as how I know tons of other people have been able to beat this I'm sure and it might be just me who thinks this one part of the campaign is just way too much, but at my level of play (which is super casual I suck at RTS but still love playing them) I needed to cheat to get past this or else I would have been stuck forever. In my opinion the best change to the campaign you could make at this point is buffing the Forsaken base during that mission so that they don't require you to babysit them and be generally useless, whether it be making it bigger and increasing the amount of fortifications/production buildings or giving them more units to work with or what have you.

Thanks for reading and once again, overall I did enjoy playing the campaign and I'm definitely excited to play whatever you have in store next, have a great rest of your day friend :).

Level 5
Hey there, It's me again ^^'

Another roadblock. I am on Version 2.5b, and as I assume my save will not work on 2.5c and I really don't feel like starting over, it may be that this is the end for me on this campaign ^^'

After Defending Darkcleric Marnal, which is the third part of a quest about wiping out the north-eastern dwarves, There is no reaction from either NPC (that is still alive), nor from Darkcleric Marnal himself after fending off the attack. I reloaded and tried again and made sure that there is not a single lone dwarf in the direct vicinity. I don't know what else to do, as I have no idea how the story continues. Any hint you could give me?

Greetz

P.s.: Don't know if it's relevant, but I happen to have wiped out all (orange) dwarven buildings safe for some huts.

EDIT: Dang it! Two Dwarven cleric were hiding a little further south-east down the road from the town, they don't aggro against any of my heroes, as they are all equipped with the Amulet of Spell Immunity. Removed them. Quest finished. Issue resolved. Sorry for the bother. I feel stupid now.

Last edited:
Level 12
So i just finished playing this and here are my thoughts:

Some minor issues that i found during my gameplay:

- Lost all my gold when i finished act 1 and entered act 2(i had 3k gold before arriving in act 2 with the boat)

- Tombs of relics in act 2 don't have stat books anymore:cry:, so i have nothing to use my gold on beside the necklace of immunity and claws +15 but thats it, i would have loved if the shops had tomes in them still!

- Some items from the quest rewards and mini bosses are way too weak in my opinion, the best exemple would be the boots of quel'thalas from the quest "The Real Threat" from act 2, i feel like that item is a joke:razz:(especially so far late into the game that item is just useless)

- In act 2 from the beggining of the saga of all dwarf quests there were a lot of typos with the dwarf names, instead of "Storm etc" they were called "Strom etc", i am not sure if it was intended but i felt like pointing that out since it was weird when i read the dialogues.

- So i know this campaign is based on the fact that we have this resurrection stones where are heroes revive after death, But, i feel like there is no risk in dying/losing fights when you can just revive for an unlimited amount of time, its just feels wrong to me,
so i was thinking to put a limit to those stones for exemple, on easy would be like 10 revives per hero, on normal 5 revives and on hard 2, with this the stakes are higher so players will actually care more about their progress during the adventure and the gameplay will feel more real and exciting! :grin:

- And my last and most annoying issue i had with this campaign was the lack of help from my so called "allies" ESPECIALLY in the last fight from act 3!
Like seriously? what was that even? The Mighty Sylvanas and her entire "army" had a super small base with maximum 30 food army the entire time...
While the worgens had like 1000+ food combined! :mwahaha: What a joke fight! I mean sure i was playing on hard but that was not the problem,
the main issue was the fact the this entire time Sylvanas was supposed to prepare her forces to siege this Worgen capital and she comes with
a maximum of 30 food army for this final fight somehow(after she "prepared" for this so called siege).
This could have been an epic final battle If she actually had a real army, the AI was playing really weird as well, they didn't even go to take the gold mines from the sides of the map after i destroyed the enemy bases there...
I think you should take as an exemple the last fight from Rexar campaign when they had the final battle there, now that was a real fight,where both sides had great armies!:spell_breaker:

Overall playing this custom campaign sure was a great experience with an interesting call for adventure!
Beautiful hero models and custom spells(especially the hero selection and the different category of spells was a really cool concept), the side quests were interesting enough to keep me entertained untill i finished the main quest,
even tho the custom unique/artefact type items were great i would have loved if there was a bigger variety of them and i also loved the 3 bonus heroes(they sure made me love this campaign even more by raising the quality of the gameplay to a whole new level with their great spells)!

So yea, thanks for creating such an awesome campaign, had a lot of fun playing it and i will look forward for the sequel!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 28
Hey @Blasterixx, Thanks for the feedback!
- Lost all my gold when i finished act 1 and entered act 2(i had 3k gold before arriving in act 2 with the boat)
The Gold you get in Act 1 doesn't transition to Act 2.
- So i know this campaign is based on the fact that we have this resurrection stones where are heroes revive after death, But, i feel like there is no risk in dying/losing fights when you can just revive for an unlimited amount of time, its just feels wrong to me,
so i was thinking to put a limit to those stones for exemple, on easy would be like 10 revives per hero, on normal 5 revives and on hard 2, with this the stakes are higher so players will actually care more about their progress during the adventure and the gameplay will feel more real and exciting!
Good suggestion. I'll consider it.
- And my last and most annoying issue i had with this campaign was the lack of help from my so called "allies" ESPECIALLY in the last fight from act 3!
Like seriously? what was that even? The Mighty Sylvanas and her entire "army" had a super small base with maximum 30 food army the entire time...
While the worgens had like 1000+ food combined! :mwahaha: What a joke fight! I mean sure i was playing on hard but that was not the problem,
the main issue was the fact the this entire time Sylvanas was supposed to prepare her forces to siege this Worgen capital and she comes with
a maximum of 30 food army for this final fight somehow(after she "prepared" for this so called siege).
This could have been an epic final battle If she actually had a real army, the AI was playing really weird as well, they didn't even go to take the gold mines from the sides of the map after i destroyed the enemy bases there...
I think you should take as an exemple the last fight from Rexar campaign when they had the final battle there, now that was a real fight,where both sides had great armies!:spell_breaker:
I know, I'll re-work that part of the mission.
Overall playing this custom campaign sure was a great experience with an interesting call for adventure!
Beautiful hero models and custom spells(especially the hero selection and the different category of spells was a really cool concept), the side quests were interesting enough to keep me entertained untill i finished the main quest,
even tho the custom unique/artefact type items were great i would have loved if there was a bigger variety of them and i also loved the 3 bonus heroes(they sure made me love this campaign even more by raising the quality of the gameplay to a whole new level with their great spells)!

So yea, thanks for creating such an awesome campaign, had a lot of fun playing it and i will look forward for the sequel!:infl_thumbs_up:
Thanks! I appreciate it.

Level 9
It could put in the final mafia during the invasion of the city more bases of the Forsaken because it is a little pointless the forces of Sylvanas only have a base to invade the city, leaving the strongest enemies there outside the city could put things as two bases Sylvanas' allies to invade the city and I also thought that Sylvanas's defenses are a little pointless as their defenses fall against a wave of attacks from one of the bases, increasing the defensive and offensive strength of Sylvanas's forces against Gilneas would be very good.

Level 28
Update 2.5e :

- Added a Respawn limit for Heroes.
- Fixed the Death Knight's Frost Presence ability.
- Nerfed the Rogue's Adrenaline Rush ability.
- Increased the stats of the items that can be found in Scholamance.
- Improved the Forsaken AI in the last mission of Act 3.
- Nerfed the Worgen units' HP in the last mission of Act 3.
- Changed the model of Merphist and his ultimate.

Regarding the Respawn Limit, Each hero has a limit amount of respawn (Easy :6, Normal : 4, Hard : 2), if one of these heroes bypass that limit, he can no longer respawn and he will be kicked out from the game, as a result, It will be wise to keep your main character alive the whole time as some bugs might occur during the campaign if he's dead especially in cinematics.

Known Issues :

- The leaderboard that shows the respawn amount appear during cinematics.
- The AI of the ally Forsaken bases in the last mission of Act 3 might bug sometimes. (I'm working on that)

Level 5
Arcane Mage is still underwhelming, and his description is still misleading; he plays more as a support character than an actual offensive caster. Besides that though, nice work updating.

EDIT: I've also noticed in chapter 1, there seems to be a problem with neutral hostile summoning units?
Necromancers and Ancient Sasquatch do their animations, but no actual summons spawn. No idea with other creeps tho.

Last edited:
Level 28
EDIT: I've also noticed in chapter 1, there seems to be a problem with neutral hostile summoning units?
Necromancers and Ancient Sasquatch do their animations, but no actual summons spawn. No idea with other creeps tho.
I think this is due to the Creep Respawn system that hides enemy units when they spawn if they are visible to the player... I will check that out!

Edit : Update :
- Fixed the bug with summoned units.
- Leaderboards no longer appear during cinematics.

Last edited:
Level 1
Well,the Rogue slice and dice ultimate is very long CD and why you nerfed Rogue adrenalin rush,its good ability due you change limit respawn for heroes and i think the reinforment base in the act 3 need a heroes lvl 15 like on Sylvanas base,use heroes like Galen and nathanos guarding the reinforment base in the act 3 last chapter

Last edited:
Level 28
Well,the Rogue slice and dice ultimate is very long CD and why you nerfed Rogue adrenalin rush,its good ability due you change limit respawn for heroes and i think the reinforment base in the act 3 need a heroes lvl 15 like on Sylvanas base,use heroes like Galen and nathanos guarding the reinforment base in the act 3 last chapter
I nerfed it because of Merphist's new ultimate spell.
The reinforcement bases are just fine imo. Plus, they don't even get attacked.

Level 28
Is Grimthos supposed to have Tauren Chieftan Abilities?
Yes. I changed his abilities for some reasons : Bone Impale is way too OP due to the amount of stun it does, also some other Heroes can stun which makes Bone Impale kinda pointless. Howl of Terror isn't that great imho, it makes the enemy units way easier to beat. Vampiric Touch is pointless too because Grimthos seems pretty strong to take care of himself.
Also, like other members mentioned it : The heroes move pretty slow during this campaign which is likely the reason I gave Grimthos Endurance Aura.

Hello, Ive recently been playing through this and like to give some honest feedback on some things.

First of all, Act 1's overworld has some pretty poor looking terrain; lack of props and enviroment doodads; too little tile variety; and it's really flat.
The layout itself was good, though and loved the difficulty and enemy mechanics.

Secondly, gold drops. Ghouls, Abominations, Necromancers and Crypt Fiends dropped like 6 times more gold than other enemies. This isnt that much of an incovinience, but in my opinion it could be spreaded out some more.

Third, in Act 1, it was really hard to make use of the 'Sludge Manifestion' abillity since only about a quarter of the enemies actually left corpses, rendering the abillity almost obscure.

Fourth, Accumulated gold didnt carry over from Act 1 to Act 2. And because there werent any Ghouls, Abominations, Necromancers or Crypt Fiends in act 2, it was really slow to re-accumulate that gold again. (I had like 21,000 gold :( )

Fifth, the loot drops from optional areas/bosses were, may I say, REALLY dissapointing in Act 2 as opposed to Act 1. Like, in act one you used to get like these cool unique items from optional bosses that were pretty fun and challenging encounters. In act 2, these bosses had much more grind involved and were much harder, only to find their loot are just underwelming regular item drops.
An example for this is the Dragon Lair in Silverpine. The Level 17 'Dragon Oueen' (you made a typoo in the name) killed two of my heroes and only dropped a regular orb of fire. And the lair itself had really poor terrain.

Sixth, I was pretty dissapointed there werent any tomes for sale in Act 2, and no armory aswell... I was saving gold to buy more tomes and crowns of king, but they werent for sale anywhere... :(

Seventh, Ranger with Beastmastery is just a more powerful version of the Demonology Warlock. My 1st playthrough was with Warlock. And the Beastmaster Hunteress is quite OP with her bats and spider.

Eighth, in Act 2, it was really hard to acquire targets for 'Doom', as almost all creeps were higher than level 5, rendering the Warlock's ult obscure.

Nineth, the Executor was just a reskinned Tauren Chieftain, which was really underwhelming, like, give him some uniqueness.

Tenth, Executor + Doom Guard + Merphist with his strike abillity together are able to mass stun-lock any boss/creep/crowd forever (unless magic immumity or mana runs out). This is kindoff too OP and shouldnt be a way to go through the game.

I will also leave a rating:

Gameplay/Mechanics: 7.5/10
Story: 9/10
Terrain: 3.5/10

All in all, I'll leave a honest rating of 3/5 stars.

Edit: In fact, the loot drops from here on out are just horrible. Act 2 has such bad item drops from heroes/bosses/optional areas it's just not worth looking for them.
- A Level 17 Dragon boss dropping a Orb of Fire
- A level 12 Paladin with level 4 holylight and level 3 divine shield dropping a Belt of Strength
- A well-hidden stash behind a level 15 Hyrda boss only giving you a Runed Bracer
- An optional quest to kill some entire Ogre clan that was very diffult, only rewarding you boots of Quel'thalas
- three level 15 optional Dwarven bosses guarding a gryphon aviary, dropping a rune of healing...
- Level 14 Archmage boss dropping a Gem of Health

In act one, the bosses and optional areas were much more fun and so were the rewarded items and relics.

Last edited:
Level 28
First of all, Act 1's overworld has some pretty poor looking terrain; lack of props and enviroment doodads; too little tile variety; and it's really flat.
The layout itself was good, though and loved the difficulty and enemy mechanics.
I wish I could add more variety to the terrain of that map but sadly I can't due to the limit of doodads I can put in the World Editor (I think this limit has been expanded in the latest patch iirc?)
Fourth, Accumulated gold didnt carry over from Act 1 to Act 2. And because there werent any Ghouls, Abominations, Necromancers or Crypt Fiends in act 2, it was really slow to re-accumulate that gold again. (I had like 21,000 gold :( )
It doesn't? I thought I fixed it in this update. Will check again.

@Warseeker But what about the other criteria I mentioned?

Edit: By the way, I got some additional points to make.

- Book of teleportation
Its buggy. You know those points where guards block your way to go into an area too early? Well, with the book of teleportation, you can warp your heroes right behind them any time, at will.

- Terrain
Sure, you mightve got to the doodad limit, but the tile use is also a point I mentioned.
(Not tile selection, but tile use.) And the terrain is also very flat.
Not to mention the Dragon Lair in Silverpine. I rate that place's terrain a 2/10.

- Skills
Alright, I have determined its possible to cast Doom on your own Hellhound. But the problem of not being able to cast Sludge Manifestion three quarters of the time whilst in combat during Act1 is still rendering the abillity obscure, I mean, why TF would it require a corpse anyway?

- Ballance
Ive determined the Huntress with Beastmastery is just liturally a stronger version of the Warlock with Demonology. But it's liturally better at EVERY aspect; Lower mana cost; lesser cooldowns; stronger summons and the bat flies, so it cant even be hit by half the enemies! At least give the hostile crypt fiends Web to counter them.

- Item Drops
Try spreadding them out, please. Act one had amazing boss-fights, cool and well-hidden optional areas that dropped a good variety of items, relics and tomes. Act 2 almost totally lacks well-hidden areas and the items that do drop are just regular old meelee items that arent even strong or useful at all in this stage of the game.

- Boss fights
Really fun and challenging encounters in Act 1. Loved them all, explored every bit of the map.
In act 2, they just become difficult, grindy, generic and hardly reward the player at all.
The strongest example is still the damn Dragon Lair in Silverpine... A level 17 Red Dragon boss where two of my heroes died, only to find it dropping the generic red dragon gold amound and a regular orb of fire..

- Shops
Act 2 really needs more shops that sell permanent items for a well-ballanced, high price. Act 1 had these and it was perfect. Act 2 completely lacked them... Only selling over-priced potions and basic scrolls.

Last edited:
Level 1
All is good but on the last chapter the 2 reinforment base wave of attack is too weak the reinforment base just sent 2 dreadguard and 3 dark ranger and sometimes just 2 dark ranger ini each reinforment base,the Sylvanas base wave is very good because Sylvanas join the wave,and the Rogue slice and dice abblity is too weak and useless because his damage my suggestion is Made the cool down slice and dice shorter like 10 second but Made the mana require biggest like 200 mana of you want use it or Made more damage and more slashes every level

Level 1
strangely, everytime at the start, the game crashes after the opening cutscene... how can i fix this because this never happened in the old versions

Level 1
What version of this campaign are you playing? Because this crash has been fixed in v2.5.
i finally found the source of the problem... i forgot that the campaign folder in program files is different than documents... so when i thought i upgraded it just went to the one the crasehes at the beggining

Level 2
thank you for this campaign it was great and i love it when the battle was unstoppable all attacking with no rest that feeling of pure epic and fighting i like it also it matches bitter end too . I hope you make the next one great as this one and i can't really wait for the next one .

Level 28
In general 3-3 is slugfest because the Forsaken don't use meat wagons on their offensives. And given the hp of these building they may need a buff, like critical damage only on buildings, or something like that.
Are you referring to the last mission of Act 3?
What was updated?
Nothing special, just some little adjustments and bug fixes.

Last edited:
Level 28
How do I select a hero? I tried everything
When you start the first level, a ghost should appear at the start location. Move that ghost to one of the circle of powers near each Hero. After that select the ghost and you should see 3 specializations for each hero (i.e : Blood, Frost, Unholy if you stand in the circle of power near the Death Knight) . Choose one spec for that hero and then click on it. After that, give the selected hero a name and you're done. :)

Nice update!
But still, I do have to report a major bug you should look at.

Skippable areas
Almost any locked gate/stone barrier/small river/wall/even thinner patches of trees can be skipped via a method of placing units around a hero that can summon units. I have some screenshots, actually.
upload_2019-1-18_12-47-32.png
As you can see here, my Huntress is able to spawn her spider on the other side of the river and she can use the book of teleportation to summon everyone over there aswell.

This made me able to skip any locked gate, any wall of guards in front of locked areas and basically any barrier I wasnt (yet) supposed to get across.

I wont report any other issues since this I yet to try out the new update, but I do have A LOT of points that could be improved.

Btw, I didnt cheat, I've spent close to 14 hours on this save on farming in the overworld, I'm a completionist.

upload_2019-1-18_12-58-24.png

upload_2019-1-18_12-58-58.png

upload_2019-1-18_12-59-33.png

Last edited:
Level 1
When you start the first level, a ghost should appear at the start location. Move that ghost to one of the circle of powers near each Hero. After that select the ghost and you should see 3 specializations for each hero (i.e : Blood, Frost, Unholy if you stand in the circle of power near the Death Knight) . Choose one spec for that hero and then click on it. After that, give the selected hero a name and you're done. :)

Still nothing can you show me a video

Level 28
Nice update!
But still, I do have to report a major bug you should look at.

Skippable areas
Almost any locked gate/stone barrier/small river/wall/even thinner patches of trees can be skipped via a method of placing units around a hero that can summon units. I have some screenshots, actually.
As you can see here, my Huntress is able to spawn her spider on the other side of the river and she can use the book of teleportation to summon everyone over there aswell.

This made me able to skip any locked gate, any wall of guards in front of locked areas and basically any barrier I wasnt (yet) supposed to get across.

I wont report any other issues since this I yet to try out the new update, but I do have A LOT of points that could be improved.

Btw, I didnt cheat, I've spent close to 14 hours on this save on farming in the overworld, I'm a completionist.

Yeah, Block paths are a bit of an issue in this campaign as some units might get pass blocked areas like you've mentioned. Will figure out of way to fix that.
Still nothing can you show me a video
What's the problem exactly? And what version of Warcraft 3 are you playing this campaign?

Level 23
Great campaign!

Quick thing: In the Ogre mountain submit with Mug'thol, the player's became both the same colour (on the scoreboard with lives remaining). Also when I lost a life in that submap, it would not always show it, sometimes it would show that I only had 1 life, sometimes it would show 2. But that is a non-issue, did not impact gameplay at all.

I was wondering what the reason behind needing to kill buildings for quests. I can understand ACT3 needing to kill buildings, since one of them lets you build troops, and the final map is just the final map so I guess its ok to be required to kill many high hp buildings.
But for ACT 2, specifically the counter attack mission in the hinterlands (killing all the dwarf base in the south), and the west plague land mission requiring you to kill the bases of the humans and scourge, could those be changed to just killing 1 main building?

Level 28
Quick thing: In the Ogre mountain submit with Mug'thol, the player's became both the same colour (on the scoreboard with lives remaining). Also when I lost a life in that submap, it would not always show it, sometimes it would show that I only had 1 life, sometimes it would show 2. But that is a non-issue, did not impact gameplay at all.
The system that shows the remaining lives has been removed in the recent update since it doesn't suits for a singleplayer campaign.
I was wondering what the reason behind needing to kill buildings for quests. I can understand ACT3 needing to kill buildings, since one of them lets you build troops, and the final map is just the final map so I guess its ok to be required to kill many high hp buildings.
But for ACT 2, specifically the counter attack mission in the hinterlands (killing all the dwarf base in the south), and the west plague land mission requiring you to kill the bases of the humans and scourge, could those be changed to just killing 1 main building?
I know it's irritating to destroy every single building and time consuming. But yeah, I'm thinking about changing that in a way that you are only required to kill the Hero or destroy the main structures only.

Yeah, Block paths are a bit of an issue in this campaign as some units might get pass blocked areas like you've mentioned. Will figure out of way to fix that.
A way to fix it is by putting pathing blockers on the other side of the barrier that die/get removed when its supposed to open.

Areas where the player isnt supposed to go at all can just have permanent patching blockers.

Now, I know you mentioned having reached doodad limits, so you can also use prevention triggers to warp units back behind the locked barrier if they enter a region behind it. This is actually also what they did in the original Rexxar/Bonus Campaign.

Or alternatively (the way I would recommend it): Alter the Book of Teleporation in such a way that it works the same as the Scroll of Home Portal item, so it only teleports you to 'Town halls'.
And set unit classification of certain structures (example: Tomb of Relics, Graveyard, ect) basically any central structure in a forsaken outpost to 'Town Hall'. This way, the player can only use Book of Teleporation as a way to fast travel between major points and not just to any unit they wish.

Another funny thing I was able to do with this method is saving that town from the worgen invasion by leaving my Black Spider pet there and teleporting to it as fast as I could after the cinematic sequence.

Defended it with only 2 forsaken units dying.

Last edited:
Level 28
A way to fix it is by putting pathing blockers on the other side of the barrier that die/get removed when its supposed to open.

Areas where the player isnt supposed to go at all can just have permanent patching blockers.

Now, I know you mentioned having reached doodad limits, so you can also use prevention triggers to warp units back behind the locked barrier if they enter a region behind it. This is actually also what they did in the original Rexxar/Bonus Campaign.

Or alternatively (the way I would recommend it): Alter the Book of Teleporation in such a way that it works the same as the Scroll of Home Portal item, so it only teleports you to 'Town halls'.
And set unit classification of certain structures (example: Tomb of Relics, Graveyard, ect) basically any central structure in a forsaken outpost to 'Town Hall'. This way, the player can only use Book of Teleporation as a way to fast travel between major points and not just to any unit they wish.

Another funny thing I was able to do with this method is saving that town from the worgen invasion by leaving my Black Spider pet there and teleporting to it as fast as I could after the cinematic sequence.

Defended it with only 2 forsaken units dying.
This is actually a brilliant idea. I haven't thought of it. Adding the Townhall classification would definitely solve the issue. I'll just make the Book of Teleportation targetable on Heroes and Townhalls only.

Level 1
The story is great, and also the chance you give for the player to select their own character even with a custom name is brilliant, the only thing I found a bit lackluster was the variety in the missions since most of them are going somewhere, killing something or retrieving stuff but that doesn't change the fact it was a blast to play this, very nicely done :)

This is actually a brilliant idea. I haven't thought of it. Adding the Townhall classification would definitely solve the issue. I'll just make the Book of Teleportation targetable on Heroes and Townhalls only.
Pretty sure you can still skip areas, because you can roughly target a hero with his face liturally pressed against the gate. The target selection is kinda rough, so you can still just target the other side of the gate and some of your heroes will be able to glitch through.

Also, if you do the townhall classification thing, be sure to place like an up-scaled forsaken guard tower or other building near submap entrances (outside of the guard barriers). It will kinda act as like a decoration and a point the player can still fast travel to.

By the time you get the book of teleportation, your heroes will be at like level 5 or 6 anyway, meaning having to slash their way through the main map again is kinda unessesairy at that point, so fast traveling wont really affect the game that much from that point on. (theyll get plenty of exp from th sub areas to reach level 8 before Act 2)

Level 28
The story is great, and also the chance you give for the player to select their own character even with a custom name is brilliant, the only thing I found a bit lackluster was the variety in the missions since most of them are going somewhere, killing something or retrieving stuff but that doesn't change the fact it was a blast to play this, very nicely done :)
Thanks!
Pretty sure you can still skip areas, because you can roughly target a hero with his face liturally pressed against the gate. The target selection is kinda rough, so you can still just target the other side of the gate and some of your heroes will be able to glitch through.

Also, if you do the townhall classification thing, be sure to place like an up-scaled forsaken guard tower or other building near submap entrances (outside of the guard barriers). It will kinda act as like a decoration and a point the player can still fast travel to.

By the time you get the book of teleportation, your heroes will be at like level 5 or 6 anyway, meaning having to slash their way through the main map again is kinda unessesairy at that point, so fast traveling wont really affect the game that much from that point on. (theyll get plenty of exp from th sub areas to reach level 8 before Act 2)
I may just lock the transition areas if necessary and then unlock them once the quest that sends you there is triggered.

Level 1
Hello admin. I have encountered an error. I'm playing version 2.5c of this campaign on pt 1.29.2. When I was loading my save during the loading screen for chapter 1, the game shut itself and I went back to the desktop. What is wrong??